Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi Crystal T, every new vaper has a different set of equipment and way of vaping. It might help if you told us the equipment you are using and nicotine strength. For example if you are using a sub0hm setup, you'd likely be getting a lot of vapor, at a lower nicotine strength, and a higher ohm setup (smaller drags, more like a cigarette, etc.)

With that said, there are certain generalities. If the way you are vaping satisfies you and you aren't feeling nicotine overload, you should be fine (nic overload sx: headaches yawning, nausea and dizziness, maybe hiccups) and you may even want to vape more. Because nicotine is absorbed differently in e-cigs and every vaper is different, people will vape different ways and some chain vaping is not uncommon in the beginning, etc.

But if you stated how many cigarettes you were smoking, and what you gear and eliquid is, we can sort of give you some "generalities" about where to maybe start. But the main thing is, are you satisfied with your results, or do you feel like you need to be vaping more/less and how you are handling detox and a ton of other factors. But, if you aren't getting nicotine overload, I'm fairly sure you are not in a "danger" zone. It's also possible that you are vaping less than you need, and your body and response to ecigs will be the ultimate "best" determination of that.

Welcome to ECF and congrats on wanting to make the switch, that's fantastic. :)

Anna

JamesDMad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2018
Indiana
My preferences run at least that at times, just depends on what else i might be doing at the time. I have gone hours before without and sometimes it seems i get enjoyment chain vaping as well. To each their own when it comes to this alternative, nicotine level comes into play here as well.
If you've recently replaced cigerettes with vaping a higher nicotine value may be in order to help satisfy the urges and what your going through. Hope this helps :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I hit my vape every few minutes if my hands aren't otherwise occupied. Vape as often as you need to.
Welcome to ECF.

Same here. :thumb:

@CrystalT , you'll know if you are vaping "too much" if you get a headache, dizziness, lightheaded, an upset stomach, or nauseated.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm new only been vaping for 4 days. How often do you vape? I'm taking 3 to 4 hits about every 30 to 45 mins... Am I doing it to much?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Yes and No. Since vaping is totally scalable, the choice you have can be overwhelming. The main thing to remember is, part of vaping is all about you the vaper, being in control and the freedom to fix/tailor any aspect you feel you need to improve upon. Vaping can be adjusted to what you think is ideal. Could tell us how often you want or the ideal interval you wish to vape. Would need to know if the amount of nicotine your vaping is adequate and what nicotine (number on the e liquid bottle in Mg.) strength your e liquid is. Nicotine can be adjusted up or down depending on desired vaping frequency/habits.
Just, hit "like" at bottom right hand corner of this post if you need any more information and I (or someone else) can read your question and get back to you.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

j3000

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2012
Michigan
I been vaping for 4 years and I chain vape, because I was a chain Smoker, and I still have that habit. Today I use my old stand up Ash tray to hold my mod because it is a habit to have it near me.
I didn't change any of my habits, when I wake up in the morning I take a few minutes to vape before I even get out of bed. I use to smoke 3 cigarettes before I even got out of bed. Now I do the same thing but instead of cigarettes I vape.
I found out not to change your habits, but instead of smoking you vape, it makes it easier to quit..

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I stopped checking how much i vape a while ago, i just take a hit whenever i feel like it until i'm either satisfied or i don't want to vape anymore (which in my case happens quickly around smokers).

IF i was to count how many mls i go through each day, i'd probably say close to 20ml on harder days, otherwise probably 10-15mls

Believe me though you don't wanna know how much i vape on my days off :lol:
Although i do only use 3mgs these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread