Need input on my first ever dual coil build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronrosbaugh

Mar 13, 2015
Olympia, WA
This is my first ever dual coil build its at .33 ohms RDA is a little boy clone, Box mod is a sigelei 150w, its 24awg kanthal and batteries in the mod are MXJO IMR 18650 3.7v 2500mah 35A High Drain Rechargable.
Does it look ok?
can my batteries handle this?
and are there any improvements i can make on it before i wick it.
dual2.jpg dual3.jpg sigelei 150w.jpg dual1.jpg

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Yep but go up slowly so you don't burn you wick.

Looks good too!

On you next build try to center you r coils in the center of the deck, it looks like the cutout for the airflow is center and try and bring your coils a little closer to the edge of the deck without creating a short. That will give the the ability to add a little more cotton, better airflow across your coils. And after all that better vapor and flavor.

And I', not criticizing your build Ron, it looks great. Just a couple tips.

ronrosbaugh

Mar 13, 2015
Olympia, WA
Yep but go up slowly so you don't burn you wick.

Looks good too!

On you next build try to center you r coils in the center of the deck, it looks like the cutout for the airflow is center and try and bring your coils a little closer to the edge of the deck without creating a short. That will give the the ability to add a little more cotton, better airflow across your coils. And after all that better vapor and flavor.

And I', not criticizing your build Ron, it looks great. Just a couple tips.

thank you for the input and there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
That looks awesome.

Re: your battery(ies), I tend to err on the side of caution and figure whatever the rating is, go about 1/2, and then try not to draw more than 80% of that. So, if you push about 14A, you can set the mod to about 65W. I don't know if the Sig150 is Series or Parallel. I think if parallel, then you can push harder because the load is being distributed across both batteries.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
That looks awesome.

Re: your battery(ies), I tend to err on the side of caution and figure whatever the rating is, go about 1/2, and then try not to draw more than 80% of that. So, if you push about 14A, you can set the mod to about 65W. I don't know if the Sig150 is Series or Parallel. I think if parallel, then you can push harder because the load is being distributed across both batteries.
series. Be tought to get 150watts with only 4 volts

Reactions: DingerCPA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread