Status
Not open for further replies.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
This is a post that I'd normally put in the newbie forum but I'm a few hundred posts from being able to post there.

What I'm looking for is a 3.7v TUBE/CYLINDER mod with a huge battery capacity, something like an 18650. But I also want it to be smaller. I was originally looking at the Glv mini and SM, but they are limited to cr123a's, The full sized GLV is cool but still not the 2200mah battery capacity that you get from the bigger batteries.

I'm still into the GLV series, Reo grand (but I don't want a box or a bottom feeder, I like my cartos and dripping), Variable voltage Joker even though I won't go above 4v with ce2's, but that's all that I can think of.

I just don't know where to look, or what to look for. Another question is for the GLV users. Instead of stacking two 3.7v batteries, could I use a single 3.7v longer battery and get 3.7v out of a 5v regulated devise? If that's possible I'd buy a 5v mod and mess with the voltage via different batteries.

I'd really appreciate links to some 3.7v mods. I'm looking for big battery capacity, metal, tube, and maybe even cool looking would be a plus.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
The maxi rough stack might be the smallest of the 18650 tube mods. The V2 looks a lot better than the old ones did. It allows for 3.7, 5.0, 6.0, and 7.4v with different battery combinations. -- the regular rough stack takes an 18350. That's almost an all day batt at around 900 mah (factory rating 1200, but real life use around 900). The regular rough stack is very small and can be easily hidden in the palm or your hand.

The megladon is big, but very nice looking and can handle all of the same battery combinations as the RS.. Electronicstix sells that one. It's out of stock, but I read a few days ago there should be more soon.

I don't have a GLV yet. It's almost at the top of my list though. The GLV2 5.0v is one of my next two PV purchases. - I don't think you can use a single 3.7v batt in the 5v regulated system.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Roughstack is a solid mod as stated already. It's not huge, even the Maxi version that does take the 18650's. Top switch is pretty pocket friendly. Then there's this: Bauway 510-N 18650 Mod (another vendor is selling this too a few bucks cheaper, but the name escapes me right now).

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Thanks guys. Roughstack is a good price and a good size. And don't worry about getting off topic. GLV is pricey as hell but being what it is, it's worth it. Reo grand is a bottom feeder box but it's also a damn good size and the same price as the GLV full size. I just got off the phone with GLV and I'm really quite convinced that the 5v GLV is pretty damn versatile, and the absolute worst case scenario is that I need to use a battery spacer.

That being said I'm window shopping like crazy so every single suggestion will get some attention, and if I can save... um... a hundred bucks, I'm all for it. Keep it up.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Here are a couple of rough stack picks that might give you an idea of the size. one pic has a 10ml juice bottle and a regular papermate pen and the other picture has some quarters and my sunglasses as size reference.

rs1.jpg

rs2.jpg

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Edit: DC2, Pocket friendly helps but 9 times out of 10 it'll be in a cargo pocket or a shirt pocket, so getting set off accidentally isn't very likely. Where do I go to look at "the chuck?"
Here is the website...
THAG BUILT: A Wolf in Sheeps Clothing!

And here is the subforum...
Thag Built / The Chuck

And just to add a quick note: If you remove the atomizer from any electronic cigarette, it can't fire.
So if pocket friendly is an issue, with any electronic cigarette, just remove the atomizer before putting in the pocket.

Not the best solution, but hey, nothings perfect.
:)

Last edited:

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Since you're in Ohio perhaps you're close enough to drive over to Altsmoke in New Philadelphia. You can check out their selection of 18650 mods, the Omega and the Silver Bullet. They also have their smaller brothers which run 14500's, the Alpha and the BB. I've got both the Omega and Silver Bullet as well as a Maxi Roughstack. The Altsmoke mods are much sturdier and the finish is a lot nicer. The Omega and Alpha are both all mechanical, no wires, no switch, just springs which are user replaceable, there's very little that can go wrong with them. They're definitely worth a look see.

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm obviously going to suggest a Chuck.

You can see mine over there...
<--------------------------

Takes an 18650 battery and you can customize it any way you want.
The only issue might be that it is not very pocket friendly if you wear tight pants.
:)

+1, also the lil chuck takes a 15380 batt:)
RIMP:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread