The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Need recommendations for a easily dismantled mod

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by biatch0, Feb 5, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. biatch0

biatch0 Full Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Malaysia
    I've currently got a VT133 I use as my main mod, and a backup Snow Wolf (original) and Dagger. Out of these 3, the closest to "easily dismantled" is probably the Snow Wolf. The VT133 looks reasonably easy to disassemble (from the outside and ignoring the fact that it uses hex bolts) but I'd prefer not to dismember it, the Dagger involves heatgunning (to loosen the glue).

Ideally, I'd like a mod I can unscrew X number of screws, and I've got something that looks like a metal box, an IC, and a bunch of buttons. Any recommendations?

2. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Welcome to ECF. I have no idea what you are asking? You want a mod to disassemble so it looks like its not a mod?

Why not build a custom mod that looks like what you want? Approaching it from that direction (if I am even understanding you correctly, which I'm not sure I am) makes more sense to me than the reverse?

Either way, welcome, and I'm sure someone will be along to talk to you in a more "where you are coming from" fashion. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  3. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Welcome. Are you looking for a frame to mod yourself or an easily repairable mod?

• Like Like x 2
  4. biatch0

biatch0 Full Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Malaysia
    I suppose an easily repairable mod would be the closest description.

B&M stores around here tend to not carry frames/chips/etc. (custom mods I guess) so it's a little hard to just buy one of those and use that as a starting point. That's why I'm approaching it from the opposite direction.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    If you're looking to build your own, spend some time here Modding Forum and its sub forums. Lots and lots of info from the early days of vaping and modding your own.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    Most mechanical devices are fairly easy to completely dismantle. Factory made regulated devices are not by design.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. biatch0

biatch0 Full Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Malaysia
    I was thinking something similar to this...

E9BFA98A-CD09-4BD8-8E88-7DC90DC5EF7D.jpeg 12C0F67D-6D76-4E20-8314-172CE5DE9394.jpeg

It’s a bit ancient, but you get the idea. The battery compartment can be separated from the actual mod/chip, etc. Now I’m actually wondering if this old trusty could still work with a sub ohm tank seeing as it’s a VV/VW mod. Might not fire very high, but I rarely go above 20 anyway... and it might be a decent trade off.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Walee

Walee Super Member

Oct 6, 2017
    That's a tall order for regulated mods. The closest thing I can think of would be an Hcigar product with an Evolve DNA chipset. You can source the Evolve DNA simply. Unlike Lost Vape, HCigar uses little glue and is simpler to take apart. Having said all that, there are still a lot of pieces/parts that are not source-able in the HCigar.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. bombastinator

bombastinator Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Any of the build your own kits. Or many mechs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Not sure how old that mod is but the components in the early VV/VW devices can't handle the current (amps) of sub-ohm.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome,
    Max output of 2.5 amps is kinda wimpy these days.
    What are you trying to accomplish?
    Are you able to order from China/EU/UK/USA?
    Honestly, no vape store I have EVER been in carried "modder" parts.
    They sell prepackaged, imported gear.

Please add your location to your profile.
    Cheers
    I

• Useful Useful x 2
  12. biatch0

biatch0 Full Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Malaysia
    Sorry, I could have sworn I was a member on here a long time ago... but for some reason, it appears I've been lurking for a very long time. That's why the location info is missing... Anyhow, I'm from Malaysia. I can most likely order from anywhere... but obviously something new and off the shelf would be easiest. It's not a "must have", but it's just a mod that I'd like to have.

My ideal mod for this scenario would be this, but they apparently stopped production a number of years back.

Modular Vaping - The Whiteout Mod

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. biatch0

biatch0 Full Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Malaysia
    The main target was the nicotine juices that haven't yet been "regulated". The raids were inconsistent - some locations had all of their nicotine juices seized, others had anything above 3mg seized, and others anything above 6mg seized. Users weren't touched at all. As a general rule of thumb, vaping is definitely in the "legal" zone and has been for a few years... the only issue that remains is the nicotine.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1