The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Need recommendations

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Peejaymc, May 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Peejaymc

Peejaymc New Member

May 30, 2019
    I have a Smok Trinity Alpha. I like the salt nic but I hate feeling like I am trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose to get anything out of it. I’m not looking to blow giant plumes of smoke. I just want to feel like I’m getting something out of it.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    That is a vape pod setup. It is what is known as a MTL (mouth-to-lung) vape setup, meaning it normally has a restrictive draw similar to that of a cigarette.

Are you getting any vapor at all out of it, or just not as much as you were expecting?

It sounds like you might do better with a DTL (direct-to-lung) vape setup. This would be more akin to sucking on a large straw and would produce much more vapor than your current MTL pod system.

Since you asked for recommendations, I recommend either of the following starter setups.

Aegis Mini vs Aegis Solo: Reviews

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Peejaymc

Peejaymc New Member

May 30, 2019
    I get some. Just not much.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. HigherStateD

HigherStateD Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2019
    I have the Trinity alpha, as well as the Nord aio 19, and just sold the aio 22. What coils are you using in the alpha? The 0.6 ohm dtl? It is a bit restricted in the pod, and hits a bit more freely in the aio. The 22 seems to have more air flow than the 19, but only just.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daniel Forsyth

Daniel Forsyth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Welcome to ECF Peejaymc:thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome.
    How long did you smoke and how many per day?
    Where did you buy the Trinity?
    Do you have a vape shop close to you?
    What is the nicotine content of the juice you are using?
    Do you have a budget for a new device?

Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 1
  7. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Lol. This is exactly the thing that many MTL users complain about not being able to find enough of. It’s actually easier to make a list of stuff you likely won’t like. Anything that says “true MTL” is something you won’t want. Most cigalikes and small pod mods are out completely. More vapor means more required heat means more battery means larger devices.

The terms you are looking for are “airy” or “loose” “MTL” or “RDL”. Many devices that claim to be both MTL and DL will produce an airy MTL. My suspicion is you will eventually go full DL. Many in your position do.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    The information below may help you learn more about vaping.
    Guide: The Beginners Guide to Vaping | onVaping
    A Word On Vaping Technique | Nicoticket
    Buying and Using an Electronic Cigarette: A Primer
    wiki: vape What mod should I buy? - Google Search
    Vaping: Let's Get This Out Of The Way · Vaping Links And More
    Visual Learning - Beginner's guide to vaping : electronic_cigarette
    reddit: the front page of the internet

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Like a pod mod is probably the absolute WORST thing you can start with if you want a ton of vapor.

Look for resistances below 0.5 or so would be my advice. Also, get a mod and tank, it's better and cheaper at least for your purposes. I will not venture to say WHAT. I am one of those suck a golfball through a hose MTL people. I have gotten less restricted over time but I don't want to be choked with vapor, either.
    Welcome
    Anna

• Like Like x 4
  10. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    if you want something small like a pod but not such a tight draw (though there are some pods that are more airy) take a look at this thread for some ideas
    Little itty bitty mods under $100.
    and then you'd need a tank or dripper (I'm going to say tank since it seems you are still fairly new) that is either a loose MTL or a restricted DL something maybe like the galaxy mtl rdta

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. charlie1465

charlie1465 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

Like you...I found that i needed to feel like I was drawing in a decent amount of vapour to be satisfied....have a look at something like the Vaporesso Polar or Luxe mod with the Cascade Baby atomiseur. These will give you plenty of vapour...I think you need this kind of vape.

Good luck :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Diver9543

Diver9543 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Hello and welcome to the forum. You have already been given excellent information so I will not add anything to repeat what has been said. I don't want to confuse you anymore than necessary.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.