Need recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
That is a vape pod setup. It is what is known as a MTL (mouth-to-lung) vape setup, meaning it normally has a restrictive draw similar to that of a cigarette.

Are you getting any vapor at all out of it, or just not as much as you were expecting?

It sounds like you might do better with a DTL (direct-to-lung) vape setup. This would be more akin to sucking on a large straw and would produce much more vapor than your current MTL pod system.

Since you asked for recommendations, I recommend either of the following starter setups.

Aegis Mini vs Aegis Solo: Reviews

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I get some. Just not much.

I have the Trinity alpha, as well as the Nord aio 19, and just sold the aio 22. What coils are you using in the alpha? The 0.6 ohm dtl? It is a bit restricted in the pod, and hits a bit more freely in the aio. The 22 seems to have more air flow than the 19, but only just.

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I have a Smok Trinity Alpha. I like the salt nic but I hate feeling like I am trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose to get anything out of it. I’m not looking to blow giant plumes of smoke. I just want to feel like I’m getting something out of it.

Hi and welcome.
How long did you smoke and how many per day?
Where did you buy the Trinity?
Do you have a vape shop close to you?
What is the nicotine content of the juice you are using?
Do you have a budget for a new device?

Cheers
I

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I have a Smok Trinity Alpha. I like the salt nic but I hate feeling like I am trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose to get anything out of it. I’m not looking to blow giant plumes of smoke. I just want to feel like I’m getting something out of it.
Lol. This is exactly the thing that many MTL users complain about not being able to find enough of. It’s actually easier to make a list of stuff you likely won’t like. Anything that says “true MTL” is something you won’t want. Most cigalikes and small pod mods are out completely. More vapor means more required heat means more battery means larger devices.

The terms you are looking for are “airy” or “loose” “MTL” or “RDL”. Many devices that claim to be both MTL and DL will produce an airy MTL. My suspicion is you will eventually go full DL. Many in your position do.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below may help you learn more about vaping.
Guide: The Beginners Guide to Vaping | onVaping
A Word On Vaping Technique | Nicoticket
Buying and Using an Electronic Cigarette: A Primer
wiki: vape What mod should I buy? - Google Search
Vaping: Let's Get This Out Of The Way · Vaping Links And More
Visual Learning - Beginner's guide to vaping : electronic_cigarette
reddit: the front page of the internet

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Like a pod mod is probably the absolute WORST thing you can start with if you want a ton of vapor.

Look for resistances below 0.5 or so would be my advice. Also, get a mod and tank, it's better and cheaper at least for your purposes. I will not venture to say WHAT. I am one of those suck a golfball through a hose MTL people. I have gotten less restricted over time but I don't want to be choked with vapor, either.
Welcome
Anna

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
if you want something small like a pod but not such a tight draw (though there are some pods that are more airy) take a look at this thread for some ideas
Little itty bitty mods under $100.
and then you'd need a tank or dripper (I'm going to say tank since it seems you are still fairly new) that is either a loose MTL or a restricted DL something maybe like the galaxy mtl rdta

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

Like you...I found that i needed to feel like I was drawing in a decent amount of vapour to be satisfied....have a look at something like the Vaporesso Polar or Luxe mod with the Cascade Baby atomiseur. These will give you plenty of vapour...I think you need this kind of vape.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread