Need some advice for a new RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

fliphusker

Apr 13, 2015
Kearney, Nebraska
I have been a dedicated kanger user for a few years now, but I am tired of the leaks. (Some of it is my fault I know.)
My biggest issue is bending the coils around the poles. My old man eyes are just not what they used to be. I saw a video sometime back where you just push the wire through a hole and screw down the screw and then clip off the excess wire. Can someone tell me what it was or if I am even remembering it right?
Are there other decks that are a lot easier to work on? I am using the Kanger KBOX 70W Box mod so would need something compatible.

Thank you very much in advance. :)

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
My eyes suck now and can't read anything without my reading glasses. Get a visor with light, the one I have off this list is Illumination Headset 5 Prime Grade Magnifier LED Lamp, Adjustable Headband and it works great. I'm making 34gx2/44g fused Claptons with the 2x lens on without a problem.

Top 10 Best Head Magnifier with light in 2018 Reviews

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The OBS nano is a good non leaking tank that tastes great. Cheap at around $20 to $25. It's a DTL tank. Not sure if that is what you are looking for.
$21.35 Authentic OBS Engine NANO RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 5.3ml / 304 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

6720000-16.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The engines get great reviews, if you are looking for something reliable and won't leak. They make a single coil deck version, I might start with that if you are having trouble with vision and coordination. Magnification glasses (or a magnification glass with a light attached) can be helpful, it's what I use and I'm 43. It's just really hard for me to see what I'm doing as I fiddle around and the glasses help me a great deal.

The only other thing I use them for is reading cooking directions off a frozen "whatever." I don't get why everything on the package is HUGE, except the cooking directions.... Maybe they want us to burn our foodstuffs, and have to buy more?

In any case, best of luck. If you want something a bit more MTL, say so, and you will get recommendations, but I am assuming you want a bit lower resistance based on what you are using now? Is that correct?

Best of luck, and the engines get great user feedback, although I don't own one (MTL vaper) but if I were ever to go to DL, I would probably select that RTA first.

Anna

Reactions: Beamslider

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I am somewhere between MTL and DTL. Switching around. The OBS Nano is a single coil deck and the airflow can be restricted quite a bit. I like it and really like the toptank minis. I don't care for dual coils at all.

The Nano deck is not huge but much larger than the Kanger RBA. Old with decent eye sight but nothing beats magnifiers.

fliphusker

Apr 13, 2015
Kearney, Nebraska
The OBS nano is a good non leaking tank that tastes great. Cheap at around $20 to $25. It's a DTL tank. Not sure if that is what you are looking for.
$21.35 Authentic OBS Engine NANO RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 5.3ml / 304 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

6720000-16.jpg
Yes, yes yes, that is exactly what I am looking for! A bit big but I can live with that. Not sure if DTL or MTL makes a difference for me. Honestly been doing this for about three years and do MTL, maybe I am doing it wrong. I am not a cloud chaser rather a flavor chaser. I lose the flavor fairly quickly while staying hydrated. It keeps me away from the analogs either way. I do love the setup with the top fill, as I use similar now. The screw-down posts are exactly what I am looking for especially with them spaced unevenly like they are. Watched a couple of reviews and rebuilds and seems like a snap to build on.

When I am rebuilding I actually use an app on my phone that is a magnifier that I make a setup with so I am hands-free.
Yes, less resistance, and Anna, I completely agree with you on food packages. :)
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

fliphusker

Apr 13, 2015
Kearney, Nebraska
Nano is a great rta and very easy to install a coil and wick. I find I'm liking the side fill port more than I thought. Easier than taking off a cap imo.
That is something that I am definitely considering as a very big bonus. Less chance for me to fumble around and make a big mess with. :)
I am sure everyone is like me when they go off to another brand that they are unfamiliar with. What might work great for some might not work great for others. The price does make it worth the try at least. Any negatives that you all see with the OBS?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
That is something that I am definitely considering as a very big bonus. Less chance for me to fumble around and make a big mess with. :)
I am sure everyone is like me when they go off to another brand that they are unfamiliar with. What might work great for some might not work great for others. The price does make it worth the try at least. Any negatives that you all see with the OBS?
I have no cons. I truly am a Nano junkie and love mine dearly. I will say it took me about three builds and a few wicks to find my sweet spot. There is a 100+ page thread for the Nano started by ricks. Might give it a skim.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
the only negative i have with the nano is the way the post holes are laid out, makes me have to wind my coils in reverse of what i normally do. thats about all i can nit-pick on it. i do like it for TC if you are into that.
If I forget wrap my coils the correct direction I find The coil is still easy enough to install. Just a few extra seconds to get it straight. I need to wick a couple up today and going to plug the back air hole with some cotton. Read some people are doing that and the flavor is intensified , af remains smooth as well. Decided I'd give it a shot.

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread