New tank advice please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farmaz

Dec 9, 2013
Birmingham
Hi, atm I am using a Kanger Protank 3 mini but find the air draw not as great as I would like it to be & have had a slight issue over the last days of it leaking juice but I got that sorted now (fingers crossed)

I saw on the Youtube channel Indoor smoker the new Kangertech Mega which looks amazing & the reviews I have seen on Youtube & via Google all speak very high of it & the airflow control is very appealing to me but the cost from my local shop sure isn't that cheap.

I have also spotted the Aspire Nautilus 5ml which has air control function but since I began to vape in November last year I have never got anything but Kanger equipment as I like it. As I am starting to upgrade my vape equipment I want to make the right choice in what I buy as I am unemployed & money is tight so to spend around £20 - £25 out of what I get is quite a bit & I want to make the right choice in terms of air control tanks.

Any advice which would be best between the Kanger or the Aspire would be great, all the questions I have had in the past on here were all answered ia great style & I have learned so much from this place hence why I am back again :thumb:

Thinking about it I will link the place where I spend my £'s at & if anyone with decent knowledge could have a quick look at what they have & maybe tip me off if they see something far better on there in my price range would be great.

Thanks in advance folks :vapor:

Kangertech.
Kanger Products

Other Tanks.
Tanks

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Do you rebuild your coil heads? (or have you built your own coils?) I know PT3 are dual coil, but I know you can rebuild with a single coil.

I am asking because you might want to try out one of the Kayfun style atomizers if you are a rebuilder, it certainly cuts costs compared to building new coil heads.

They are also pretty cheap:
$30.02 Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Style Rebuildable Atomizer (4.5ml) - 1:1 clone / stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

If you do order from fasttech then make sure you check the additional options in the postage section, go for China Post if you can, 8days from ordering to being in my hand.

FattyJ

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
West Chester, OH
I have both of these tanks and I really like both so far. Since you are used to Kanger products the Aerotank Mega may be a better choice for you. Also I believe the replacement coils for the Aerotank mega are less expensive than the replacement coils for the Nautilus. If you aren't in a major hurry to make this decision Aspire has designed new coils for the Nautilus that seem very promising but are just now hitting the market. You could wait a few weeks and check back on these forums to see what feedback people are giving on these new coils.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
Hi, atm I am using a Kanger Protank 3 mini but find the air draw not as great as I would like it to be & have had a slight issue over the last days of it leaking juice but I got that sorted now (fingers crossed)

I saw on the Youtube channel Indoor smoker the new Kangertech Mega which looks amazing & the reviews I have seen on Youtube & via Google all speak very high of it & the airflow control is very appealing to me but the cost from my local shop sure isn't that cheap.

I have also spotted the Aspire Nautilus 5ml which has air control function but since I began to vape in November last year I have never got anything but Kanger equipment as I like it. As I am starting to upgrade my vape equipment I want to make the right choice in what I buy as I am unemployed & money is tight so to spend around £20 - £25 out of what I get is quite a bit & I want to make the right choice in terms of air control tanks.

Any advice which would be best between the Kanger or the Aspire would be great, all the questions I have had in the past on here were all answered ia great style & I have learned so much from this place hence why I am back again :thumb:

Thinking about it I will link the place where I spend my £'s at & if anyone with decent knowledge could have a quick look at what they have & maybe tip me off if they see something far better on there in my price range would be great.

Thanks in advance folks :vapor:

Kangertech.
Kanger Products

Other Tanks.
Tanks

Get the areotank v2 airflow it is about 6 bucks that will solve your problems
Kanger Airflow Control Valve - Protank II, Protank 3, Aerotank

Farmaz

Dec 9, 2013
Birmingham

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Or pick up the new, improved one KangerTech Stainless Steel Aerotank Base.

It costs a little more, but the airflow is much better than the original (the one that came as standard on my Aerotank). The new ones come in two sizes - one for the mini and one for the protank. My link takes you to the one for the Protank.

The new aerotank base has much more "wide open" airflow and the airflow ring is much "stiffer". A lot more air compared to the original. I have purchased 4 (for my minis) and 7 (for my Protanks). Have been using them for 2+ weeks.

Even though I prefer the look of the original (it's shorter) I prefer the performance of the new one. In the end I chose performance over aesthetics. :)

However if you are handy with a drill, I have heard of members drilling out the originals to improve the airflow. Something to consider if you have a few of the originals. Here is a link to the thread: Kanger air flow control valve for PT2

Last edited:

secutorum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
Get the areotank v2 airflow it is about 6 bucks that will solve your problems
Kanger Airflow Control Valve - Protank II, Protank 3, Aerotank

That is the answer. Although I would recommend using the v2 airflow control valve, also available on that site. While both will fix the tight draw, flooding, gurgling and leaking issues that the protanks occasionally have, the v2 is far sturdier. It's only a few bucks more, and I prefer my PT2's over my nautilus' and aerotanks. Oh, and my kayfun... I know I sound crazy, but I haven't found flavor on my Kayfun to be any better than on my glassomizers.

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA
That is the answer. Although I would recommend using the v2 airflow control valve, also available on that site. While both will fix the tight draw, flooding, gurgling and leaking issues that the protanks occasionally have, the v2 is far sturdier. It's only a few bucks more, and I prefer my PT2's over my nautilus' and aerotanks. Oh, and my kayfun... I know I sound crazy, but I haven't found flavor on my Kayfun to be any better than on my glassomizers.

Thank You!

I thought I was the only vaper on this Earth who hadn't drank the Kayfun Koolaid. I tried one with my favorite eliquid, and my PT2 puts out just as much vapor, and just as flavorful... plus it's easier to refill, much easier to recoil (just screw in a newly rebuilt coil head), smaller, and looks better to me. With a shorty drip tip, an Aero base (I prefer the V1), a 1.8 micro coil and Cellucotton wick on a Nemesis or Sigelei #20 (rebuilt), it's near perfect for my active lifestyle and aversion to having to constantly tinker with hardware.

Last edited:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Thank You!

I thought I was the only vaper on this Earth who hadn't drank the Kayfun Koolaid. I tried one with my favorite eliquid, and my PT2 puts out just as much vapor, and just as flavorful... plus it's easier to refill, much easier to recoil (just screw in a newly rebuilt coil head), smaller, and looks better to me. With a shorty drip tip, an Aero base (I prefer the V1), a 1.8 micro coil and Cellucotton wick on a Nemesis or Sigelei #20 (rebuilt), it's near perfect for my active lifestyle and aversion to having to constantly tinker with hardware.

It was the taste of cotton that got me where I am. Out mini protanks were abandoned when hubby and I switched to cartotanks for better flavor. Out of curiosity, I took them out, blew off the dust, and removed the old, nasty coils and wicks that were halfway dead. I grabbed some kanthal from a dripper I got, wrapped a small microcoil, and wicked it with the cotton I already had in the bathroom. It tasted great that way. Silica mutes taste for me. It's why I didn't stick with clearos for long. We used the rebuilt protanks for a bit, but they're a pain to build so I started looking into rebuildable tanks that don't leak. Kayfun came up. Since they never seem to leak, that's what we're sticking with. Stock coils just didn't taste right to is anymore, and with both stock and rebuilt coils, we kept finding that tiny bit of juice on the battery pin. The Kayfuns don't do that,

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City

Tunka

May 31, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA

Farmaz

Dec 9, 2013
Birmingham
No more snapping, popping when drawing.

I was going to ask about that today so you saved me a new post, if I have taken a break from my protank for around a hour or more & then fire it back up it always makes a loud pop noise & then begins to vape, also sometimes when I take a nice toke it makes a cracking noise kind of like if the juice was exploding if you follow me.

What the hell is it & what is going on there?
When I began to use Kanger it freaked me out the first few times & it seems the more charge I have in the battery the worse it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread