Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
actually the magma is really suited to a dual coil because of the 2 airholes; but you can turn the ring and block 1 hole in single coil mode,

the veritas is suitable for single coil; it has only 1 hole;

there's a dripper called the achilles which seems built for single coil; 1 airhole coming up the middle.

ArdDarvis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Okiphenoki, OK
igo w is 6 dollars on fasttech. only one air hole, just like ya like it.
$5.67 IGO-W Stainless Steel Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - silver / 1.6ohm / adjustable resistance / double heating wires at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

personally, i love my dark horse. this clone only has slotted airholes on one side- perfect for single coils.
$10.15 Dark Horse Style RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

i pulled the trigger and got a sigelei 100 watt. comes with a case, and carbon fiber stickers. best idea ever. no need to upgrade ever again.
Sigelei 100 Watt Black Free Silicone Cover Carbon Fiber Sheet by Sigelei | eBay

2cents.

Ayloxs

Oct 29, 2014
Pennsylvania, USA
Hello i want to start dripping and im pretty much set on a magma clone to start, amy othet opiions on a good single coil rda thats easy to build, also wondering if the kanger ipow2 battery i have will be goid enough for it, it vw and tops out at 15 watts thanks

Dripping is certainly the way to go! Tip for the Magma - if you use 1 coil, and make sure it's facing you while vaping, the wick will stay soaked the longest. You can tip it almost 90 degrees toward you when the juice gets low, and get almost every drop out like this. With 2 coils, i find that one of them always goes dry before the other.

I agree with some of the replies that about 1.2 to 2 ohms with 28 gauge kanthal will put you in a good place for 15W.

vince01

Sep 15, 2014
North West England UK
Im just looking for something with a bigger deck, easy build and single coil.
Ive been thinking about a dripper for awhile and it seems like the magma is everyones advice, and either 26 or 28 gauge wire and 3 or 2 mm silica. Is there a specific clone i should get or does it matter

My advice would be to look for a dripper with post holes rather than the ones

Where you wind the coil leg round the post screw, and also look at some you tubes

on wicking with cotton, in my opinion it gives you more options with your coils and is more

versatile

The Cloud Minder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
actually the magma is really suited to a dual coil because of the 2 airholes; but you can turn the ring and block 1 hole in single coil mode,

there's a dripper called the achilles which seems built for single coil; 1 airhole coming up the middle.
-
THIS is completely WRONG.

The nature of the Veritas makes for an excellent 2 vertical coil builds with both over the airflow intake, and it produces better flavor than the Magma.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013

-
THIS is completely WRONG.

The nature of the Veritas makes for an excellent 2 vertical coil builds with both over the airflow intake, and it produces better flavor than the Magma.

sorry; didn't mean for it to sound like the veritas is unsuitable for dual coil;
The OP asked specifically about single coil, and I was comparing single coil on the magma to single coil on the veritas.
You can put a single coil on the veritas without having to adjust anything else.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Im just looking for something with a bigger deck, easy build and single coil.
Ive been thinking about a dripper for awhile and it seems like the magma is everyones advice, and either 26 or 28 gauge wire and 3 or 2 mm silica. Is there a specific clone i should get or does it matter

For a bigger deck there are the 30mm sized versions;

on the other hand, having several different 22mm rda's opens up options for swapping around topcaps.

The Cloud Minder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
sorry; didn't mean for it to sound like the veritas is unsuitable for dual coil;
The OP asked specifically about single coil, and I was comparing single coil on the magma to single coil on the veritas.
You can put a single coil on the veritas without having to adjust anything else.

Oh!

My misunderstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread