Need some Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeGwald

Jan 20, 2018
Hello Everyone I am looking for some help

I have a joyetech Cuboid Lite Mod and today I got the OBS Engine Nano RTA
I am a MTL vapor so i Purchased some 26 gauge Kanthal pre built 1.0 ohm coils to get started
I have built and wicked and everything seems fine no dry hits and i can see air bubbles every few hits so i know its wicking fine my problem is it hardly produces any vapor at all its very thin .

the funny thing is the joyetech D22 tank that came with my Cuboid lite had a 1.2ohm coil and the vapor production was great.

with my obs nano i upped the wattage from 11 watts all the way to 20 watts and still i get strong flavorfull hits but hardly any vapor at all .
i tried 50/50 and a 70/30 with same results .

what am i doing wrong where are my baby clouds at ?
please help
thank you

MikeGwald

Jan 20, 2018
1 ohm 26 gauge is a lot of wire mass and will need a lot of wattage to heat it up. 28 to 30 gauge is a better fit for low wattage mtl setups.
Thank you for your help i am still new so i am learning a lot. i just have a feeling i should be getting a lot more vapor even still.

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
My Zeus does the same thing. Often, DL tanks just can do MTL despite being able to get the airflow to feel MTL. The chamber, chimney, and airflow aren't designed for it. I don't have the nano. This may not be what's going on. Just something to think about. I'm sure someone with the tank will chime in.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I upped the Wattage to 25 watts coil reads at 1.09ohm 5.23volt vapor was better do you think its just a wattage issue ?
I was just doing a quick read here. There may be some posts that can help.

OBS Engine Nano - Builds?

I saw one that suggested moving the coil up a little higher so that it is even with the post. But do it slowly and carefully so you don't accidently pull the coil/wick out.

:)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I upped the Wattage to 25 watts coil reads at 1.09ohm 5.23volt vapor was better do you think its just a wattage issue ?
Yep. As @AzPlumber said, 26ga. is a lot of mass... meaning it takes longer to heat up and cool down. If you are taking short 2-3 second puffs; the coil may not be reaching full temperature. Also, wide-open air adds to the cooling effect. Think of it like the difference of an electric stove-top element/coil (thick wire), and the coil in a light bulb (thin wire); the thicker the wire the longer it takes to heat up. This can be off-set by applying more power. Steam Engine suggests a minimum on 28 watts for a warm vape:
upload_2018-1-20_17-45-38.png

(Note: I was guessing at coil diameter & number of wraps)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
moving the coil up did the trick thank you , also I tried a DL hit and it was perfect Cirus was correct i think it was just me and my little MTL hits . i have clouds now lol

thank you all for putting up with me tonight.
That is what we are here for and you are very welcome. Don't be a stranger. Come by often and get to 'know' other members here. Best bunch you will ever want to meet.

I am so glad you got vapor now.....heck, that is part of the genius of ecigs. heh.

:)

MikeGwald

Jan 20, 2018
Yep. As @AzPlumber said, 26ga. is a lot of mass... meaning it takes longer to heat up and cool down. If you are taking short 2-3 second puffs; the coil may not be reaching full temperature. Also, wide-open air adds to the cooling effect. Think of it like the difference of an electric stove-top element/coil (thick wire), and the coil in a light bulb (thin wire); the thicker the wire the longer it takes to heat up. This can be off-set by applying more power. Steam Engine suggests a minimum on 28 watts for a warm vape:
View attachment 714067
(Note: I was guessing at coil diameter & number of wraps)

Thank you for the help that was very useful .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread