Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooky

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Ok, so I have some purdy good news!! My mother has seen me using my ego and asked me, does that work for you? I said yes, so far it's going great!! Now she wants to try it!! So I have never smoked menthol analogs so I have no idea where to start? I have a good idea for the equipment but the juice is going to be tough for me. So I was hoping someone here could help me with a good place to start for juices. Her analogs are menthol benson and hedges ultra lights? Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks
wook

Makeup_Junkie

Jul 31, 2012
USA
Although I can't recommend a good menthol flavor as I'm way too new to vaping and haven't tried many options. I tend to buy from the same vendors. But I CAN tell you what menthol flavor not to buy and that is from the want2vape website. I loved the menthol flavor from the Blu brand so I thought I'd give the menthol flavor from want2vape a try. It was DISGUSTING! I couldn't even get through 3 hits of the stuff, it was THAT bad. Hope that helps at least a little.

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
I'm a former menthol smoker.

At first I was sucking down almost 10ml a day of "Smooth Ice" or "NuPort" trying to replicate the harshness of a menthol cigarette. Granted, I was smoking pallmall full flavors, not a girly ultra-light.

I eventually had a revelation that I was going about it the wrong way because the sensation can't ever be replicated, so I gave up on the menthol and switched to fruit and candy flavors.

Soon after that cigarettes started to reek and I wondered why I ever wanted to vape that to begin with. I'd bum one here and there and discovered I'd completely lost my taste for them.

Now I feel completely free from temptation for cigarettes, and I think I'm now ready to try some menthol flavors for their own virtue, not because it's what I smoked for a decade and a half.

THAT BEING SAID. This is the menthol juice that helped me wean myself off of cigarettes within a week and come to these revelations myself.

Smooth Ice | Revolution Vapor

I've tried a couple of revolution's juices and while my tastes have changed somewhat, they're pretty clean and straight forward and I think an ideal place to start. I liked most of them.

I would also suggest maybe picking up a few small bottles of fruit flavored juices for her to try. ECBlend E-Liquids - Something Better is very affordable and I've loved their fruit flavors so far.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
As you may already know, you'll never find an e-juice that will taste just like your old analog, so don't waste your time and money looking.

If someone smoked analog menthols, a menthol e-juice would probably be a good place to start. My first juice was Smokeless Image's Ice Menthol. It was close enough to my Marlboro Menthols, and I still occassionally vape it today. Probably any "ice" flavor should work.

Menthol added to fruit flavors seems to be a new craze. The menthol gives the fruit flavor a little "oomph" and cools the vape some.
Mr. E's Juices has a full Ice Collection of mentholated fruit flavors. http://www.mister-e-liquid.com/the-ice-collection/

The real cool thing about electronic cigarettes, I found, is that there are literally hundreds of flavors. Tobacco, coffee, desert, fruit, flowers, even bacon and pizza; you name it. Makes me wonder how we former smokers were so loyal to just one brand. The key thing is to find at least 2 or 3 flavors that you wouldn't mind using throughout your day.

I've learned to cut my losses on new flavors by ordering sample packs or trial size juices from different vendors. To avoid wasting an entire carto or tank on a new flavor to test out, I use one of the newer ce3 carto/clearo devices. They hold a minimum of juice, are clear to see the juice, no filler to alter the flavor, are inexpensive, and mostly re-usable. If you don't like the flavor, remove it, rinse the ce3 with water, and refill with the next juice. They do need to be filled/emptied with a needle and syringe (usually supplied by vendor, if not, order one).

View attachment 127154 View attachment 127155

Last edited:

Wooky

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
GREAT!! Thanks for the help!! I will get started with Mr. E's juice, I placed an order with him a few days ago and have juice already!! Seems to be a great company, even gave me a sample of a juice called green dragon and I must say...it's great tasting!! Will be ordering that in my nic level very soon!!

I have to say that this site has been a real help even though I have not posted much on here I have read a lot!!

Everyone's help has been very appeciated!! Thanks again to all that have given their opinions!!

Wook

briponi

Aug 7, 2012
California
Wooky, I have a question unrelated to your post but you were the only mention of Green Dragon in my search, and maybe others can chime in if they have their own answers?

Mr. E has finally released Green Dragon. I'm intrigued and have it on order anyways, but what would you say is the most predominant flavor? Mr. E has almost no information other than it's one I have to try, and I'll trust Dan on this one because I enjoyed Grey Matter so much... but even Grey Matter had hints as to the flavor. What did you get from it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread