Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muskydawg

Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Sheboygan, WI
I recently converted to vaping and have had great success. Coming up on 3 weeks without an analog, and no urge to ever go back to them after 20+ years. My wife is in the process of switching and it has not been easy, or pleasant for her. I'm a big fan of all the fruity stuff and sweet flavors while she cannot stand them. She has found a tobacco flavor she likes, but can't do it all day and still needs to supplement with analogs. It's disheartening for me to watch her do this and I really want to help her switch. I know flavor is subjective, but I'm looking for suggestions. She likes carmel flavored coffee alot and we tried that to no success too. I am thinking if she finds something non-tobacco and non-coffee that she likes it will sway her enough to stop the analogs for good as I have. Sorry this was long-winded, but here's my questions.

1. Any flavors that have a bitter, sour, or non-sweet taste to them?

2. Any flavors that don't have a sugary taste?

3. Anything off the wall that doesn't resemble food/drink?

Thanks for any help you can give me. I've only been at this for a month and with all the different options it is very hard to wade through all the information. I've been spending a good 6-8 hours a day on this site and still feel like I don't know much when it comes to vaping. You guys/gals here are all awesome and I don't know what I would do without this place! Thank you!!

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
There are a number of people who likes the licorice type stuff. Many vendors carry an absinthe type of flavor.

I know that I've seen some vendors carry floral or herbal vapes but I can't think of who does off the top of my head. There's also clove which many smokers have used in cigs before.

Finally, I know you've said no food or drink but tea...specifically unsweetened tea might be for her. Try ROAR and pick their no sweet option.

Finally, if she really wants a tobacco like experience with virtually no sweetness, try either Blue Grass Burley from Ahlusion or Devil Dog. Neither of these is the slightest bit sweet and then do taste like very authentic tobacco.

ScubaBebe

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Wetumpka, Alabama, United States
I got a free sample of RX Vapors Solstice. It's nothing I would ever have ordered but it's great. It's a tangerine along with other things I can't pick out but it is not sweet at all, it's very different like squeezed with the peel. I hate peel but I love this. It's not a "normal" fruit taste.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Okay, I am going to throw this out there, but it is a mild tobacco with coffee and tea notes, but it is not sweet like bakery or fruits. It's mild, but it is tasty. Just try a sample bottle: Heather Heavenly Vapes Serendipity. It's mild and if I wasn't already All Day Vaping Heavenly Army from HHV, Serendipity would be my #2 (and is always in my second Protank to change out with Heavenly Army).

It's mild tobacco with coffee and tea notes. Not sweet per se, but not dry, sour or grassy. A perfect balance of flavors.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
in other tobacco rotational use: Freedom Juice -- spicey, non-sweet, jazzy; Turkish Tobacco: slightly perfumey, non-sweet, ginger kick -- both from HALO.

Goodejuice: Wrangler Light -- grassy and very slight/subtle sweetness just enough to make the grassy tolerable. Wild Turkey -- grassy, plain.

HHV: Dark Horse -- grassy, dry, plain.

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Sounds like you may just need to alternate through the day between your flavored juices and perhaps some unflavored and/or light menthol. The unflavored or menthol juices (if they're good) can break up the flavor overkill and reset your taste buds.

You mentioned she likes coffee, and I'm very impressed with Ahlusion's Cafe Au Lait. Get her one tank of that, and one unflavored to rotate through the day.

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA
I recently converted to vaping and have had great success. Coming up on 3 weeks without an analog, and no urge to ever go back to them after 20+ years. My wife is in the process of switching and it has not been easy, or pleasant for her. I'm a big fan of all the fruity stuff and sweet flavors while she cannot stand them. She has found a tobacco flavor she likes, but can't do it all day and still needs to supplement with analogs. It's disheartening for me to watch her do this and I really want to help her switch. I know flavor is subjective, but I'm looking for suggestions. She likes carmel flavored coffee alot and we tried that to no success too. I am thinking if she finds something non-tobacco and non-coffee that she likes it will sway her enough to stop the analogs for good as I have. Sorry this was long-winded, but here's my questions.

1. Any flavors that have a bitter, sour, or non-sweet taste to them?

2. Any flavors that don't have a sugary taste?

3. Anything off the wall that doesn't resemble food/drink?

Thanks for any help you can give me. I've only been at this for a month and with all the different options it is very hard to wade through all the information. I've been spending a good 6-8 hours a day on this site and still feel like I don't know much when it comes to vaping. You guys/gals here are all awesome and I don't know what I would do without this place! Thank you!!
Take a look at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread