• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Need some info on JC Peach please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettyboop

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2008
Somerset,Pa
The JC Summer Peach was my all time favorite !! I bought RPG, I can't use straight PG.
The peach is very good mellow sweet peach and the vapor was decent. I have to say is was the best peach not anything like others on the e-liq market today.

But alas I can't order it anymore because it went all PG along with my other favorite Original..
If you like PG definitely order it you will like it.

Andtyler2

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hi, Tracey.

It's been a long time since I tried the Peach (as part of the JC sampler) so I don't know what the latest version tastes like. But I do remember thinking that it was surprisingly subtle (in a good way) and tasted a lot like---well, a peach! I tend to favor darker flavors so I never ordered a larger bottle. But my first impression was positive.

Andtyler2

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
What is the deal with PG and RPG...why are people saying "I can't use full PG?" Isn't pg tasteless???? I know there are allergies, but besides that what is the deal?
I don't think taste is the major issue. Some people react negatively--in a host of ways--to different base liquids. (Maybe others can chime in here). Some of the physical reactions can be pretty unpleasant. I'm not allergic to PG but I do tend to like a mixture of PG and VG (another way of saying Reduced PG or RPG) I like what VG does to the vapor (makes it thicker) and also the taste (can make a juice taste sweeter). An all-PG juice can feel like it's drying me out. I have to drink a ton of water or else my throat feels parched and sore. But I don't like all VG juices either--they're almost too smooth. If I vape pure VG juice, my lungs start to feel heavy.

Hard to explain. It's all about your subjective experience.

Aside from clear somatic/allergic reactions, it comes down to personal preference. You'll have to experiment with both kinds of juice (and an RPG mixture) so that you can see for yourself whether you prefer or even need to avoid one or the other.

There is a ton of information related to the PG v. VG v. RPG debate posted in different parts of the forum. Here, for starters, is an excerpt from DonDaBoomVape's 6 part primer, The Wonderful World of Vaping, in the ECF "Library" Thread.

PG vs. VG

The nicotine and flavoring are the ingredients that make our world go round, but what gets vaporized is the base liquid. In most cases, this is PG. But some people are allergic. You’ll know soon enough and it’s usually nothing serious. Symptoms vary, but can include: dry or sore throat, muscle cramps and aches, ........, night sweats, and rash (usually not all at once or in the same person, thank goodness). If you experience any of these:
1. Consult with your doctor (I ain’t no MD), certainly if it is anything other than mild discomfort and/or it continues for several days. [Sounds like the back label of a bottle of over-the-counter meds, doesn’t it … but there is a good reason they do that, you know.]

2. Explore the Health, Safety and E-Smoking forum, especially its most-read thread: A List of Common Symptoms when E-smoking. ß Recommended for all new vapers. There are lots of “interesting” symptoms (some of them really nice) often associated with stopping smoking and starting vaping, only a few of which are PG-related.

3. Try VG-based liquid … or PEG (Polyethelene Glycol) ... or ECOpure (brand name of a purported very pure UK-manufactured mixture consisting of VG, ethyl maltol, and nicotine … and no PG).
Even if you are not allergic to PG, you might prefer VG or those others. Conventional wisdom is that PG packs more flavor and throat hit, but VG generates more vapor. [When I mix my own juice, I use both.]

A link to the full article: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/67327-wonderful-world-vaping-part-3-6-software-process.html

Tracey1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
Your wife has very good taste! I love the peach too. It's good topped off with a little Tennessee Cured too. (Thanks for that idea Betty! :)) Actually, I find I like anything topped with Tennessee Cured or Original is really good.
I was never a fan of ANY Cherry liquid, but I really like the Black Cherry, French Vanilla and Tennessee mixed. I actually ordered a big bottle of the Black Cherry.
And MORE good news is that my husband has actually started vaping! Thanks to JC Espresso!!!! Woot Woot!!!! He's still smoking analogs as well, but he IS vaping. Need to order more Espresso today!!!!!

Catwhisperer

ECF Veteran
I'm a big fan of Johnson Creek juices. I prefer PG because I like the throat hit, VG seems wimpy by comparison.

Summer Peach is my favorite, JC Original is my favorite tobacco, black cherry is good, vanilla was OK, apple cider is great when I'm in the mood for it (it's different!!) - I honestly couldn't stand any of their coffee, chocolate or mint flavors. In their Red Oak line, I was so excited to try Valencia - and didn't like it. Island is good, I just wish it was PG :) but it's damn tasty!!

The thing I like best about JC juices is their consistency. They seem to have a higher viscosity (I know I spelled that wrong). Since I'm a dripper, I've noticed they seem to last longer than other juices do. I refill less with JC and get more flavor and vapor longer than I do from many other juices. Rath especially seems weak, those first 2-3 hits are great then the flavor is gone. TastyVapor holds up okay, but not as well as JC does.

Jenny

Your wife has very good taste! I love the peach too. It's good topped off with a little Tennessee Cured too. (Thanks for that idea Betty! :)) Actually, I find I like anything topped with Tennessee Cured or Original is really good.
I was never a fan of ANY Cherry liquid, but I really like the Black Cherry, French Vanilla and Tennessee mixed. I actually ordered a big bottle of the Black Cherry.
And MORE good news is that my husband has actually started vaping! Thanks to JC Espresso!!!! Woot Woot!!!! He's still smoking analogs as well, but he IS vaping. Need to order more Espresso today!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread