The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Disappointed?

Discussion in 'All About Johnson Creek Juice' started by betaalex, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. betaalex

betaalex Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    Queens, NY
    Well, I've read tons of accolades about JC juices here. So during Labor Day sale I finally decided to give it a try. And ... I'm really confused, disappointed, disoriented, etc. I just do not get/feel ANY flavor from JC juice!!!

Here's what I've tried:
    JC Domesic Red Oak
    JC Silverthorne Red Oak

JC Tennessee Cured Original
    JC Original

Of these, only Tenn. Cured has some flavor (and is more or less OK). Silverthorn - all I feel is... salt? That was a big surprise to me! And finally the last 2 juices - Domestic and Original - they are just bland, no flavor at all!

So my question is, obviously, what the hell is wrong?! My possible explanations:

1. Juice needs to steep. At the moment of this writing it's like 5-6 days old.

2. JC juice needs better equipment. I currently use Smokeless Image X2 batteries and standard cartomizers of CE3 clearos. Well, X2 battery is basically the same/similar to eGo or JC VEA batteries - so I guess battery is not a problem. Delivery system? Well, unless JC juice is strictly for dripping - I do not see what could be wrong with cartos or CE3s.

3. Dead taste buds? Not a problem at the moment. I can taste and smell juices from other places

4. Too high expectations? JC is mentioned so often here at ECF that you really expect something extraterrestrial. But reality is different. But at the moment my cheapest 14c/ml Dekang tastes and smells better than 64c/ml JC juice.

I'd appreciate any ideas/suggestions on what might be wrong?

2. betaalex

Jun 20, 2012
    Queens, NY
    OK, I have figured out what was wrong. Turns out that all CE3 clearos I used previously were quite old (refilled, cleaned and dry burned many times) and because of this they had wicking problems and muted flavors. Today I've filled a fresh CE3 with JC juice - and voila, flavor is back! Problem solved, case closed, I had a great conversation with... myself :)

3. Cuando

Cuando Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Congrats on fixing your issue. I used to love JC, but have moved on. I can't justify spending what they ask for juice anymore. Too many juice vendors out there making quality stuff at half the price.

4. betaalex

Jun 20, 2012
    Queens, NY
    Thank you, Cuando I have not even decided yet if I even like JC juice, but it's definitely expensive. For this reason it certainly won't be my everyday juice, but could end up being an occasional treat :)

5. joeboy

joeboy Full Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2009
    upstate new york
    I used to love the Domestic .. who has anything near that quality for half the price ?? .. I would be interested to know .

6. TanukiXL

TanukiXL Full Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Absolutely love their juices. Granted it's not the cheapest out there but nothing comes close to their distinctive smokiness and as far as I know they're the only juice FDA approved. It is cheaper than most of what I like to vape.

May the force be with you,

Tanuki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.