Need some links for an email to those in power at my current job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitaltitan

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2011
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
I need to draft an email for my workplace. im the only vaper there, and after a few weeks, i was politely told not to use it at my desk. Thats completely fine, it is thier right. However i want to draft a short to the point email asking for reconsideration, and/or more clear guidelines.

Ive just been taking it outside for now, but its getting incredibly cold and i kinda dont wanna HAVE to go outside unless im hanging with my smoking buddies, one of which is switching to vaping at some point when we get proper supplies for her and she finds something she likes.

So what im asking for here, is some links to tear excerpts from.

Any studies, links to PG and VG research.
A link to the Study showing the amount of Nic exhaled is minimal.
And Such.

And then request a meeting at their convenience to discuss the matter.

Im going to encourage them to figure out a policy that works for them, because to be honest, i don't want these dickheads making a real decision before i can at least get them the facts.

My Goal, At least to be able to vape in the break room/lobby.

My perfect goal, explain to them that during the times i was allowed to vape at my desk, the only time i took a break is when i needed just that, an actual break up and away from my desk.

Point out that the white boards at every desk, and the markers and Expo fluid that go with them. Are immeasurably more stinky, offensive, and (while im sure its still negligible, but every point helps) Harmful to passers by.

Really long post, but its something i want to do, and to be honest, if they uphold the unofficial ban with an official one. Theyll see my two weeks notice soon. its not that good a job and a replacement wont be hard to find.

Last note before i forget, do you think its worth bringing up the fact that they allow dipping and SNUS type nic, mainly because they cant stop it? Its essentially the same thing, just mines less gross (Opinion don't get up in flames at me), Cleaner. BUT bothers uppity old farts that never learned that the best way to deal with something new is to just confront the person in question politely? it bothers me to no end when someone has an issue with something i do, and goes behind my back to complain, 9 times out of 10, ill stop, im not a raging Douche.

Again, Really long post, anyone who reads the whole thing is a saint.
Anyone who just reads the first bit and provides a link is Equally Awesome!

:vapor::vapor::blush::vapor::vapor:

Digitaltitan

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2011
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Oh one last thing, ill be looking on my own when i Draft the letter tomorrow, just figured having ECF behind me would make this letter what it needs to get the consideration it needs.

Also more importantly, The new job im looking at hasn't even opened the office yet, ill be meeting everyone on saturday to discuss the job and such, will be epic to be able to talk to a large number of the people in charge before its even open in a setting where i can really take my time and explain everything to them. They all seem really cool and fed up with the kind of place im working at now. in fact the manager for the new place sat behind me at the job im at now before he left and he seemed to get a kick out of it and not care at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread