Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN

Laffs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Texas
I love the member made VV box mod I found on the classifieds. It came with an accessory voltmeter which are cheap at MadVapes, and likely other places as well. It does get hot when heavily vaping though.
BlueVV0-7andmeter.jpg

I may go with this one since it has the evercool as my next ones.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modder-accessories-supplier-forum/203021-variable-volt-box-mods-great-prices.html

I think the Krimson mods are really cool, too. I've studied both a bit, and just don't see that I'd want to read volts all the time. It's easy enough to adjust the eliquid, cartos, and such by taste testing and I like that Silent Soldier's mod is smaller, as well cheaper than one with the volt readout. You'd likely be happy with either.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
A couple comments about features you want.

First, the voltage indicator. That's really just a toy. You don't need it to vape. To hot and burnt, turn it down. Not enough vapor, turn it up. If you want to know, madvapes sells an assembled voltmeter that can screw in for about $15. To get one built in, you're looking at $150 minimum.

Second, the box. Plastic battery boxes will eventually break off the tabs that hold the back on. If you go with a plastic box, you need one that has magnets or some other system to hold the back on. Also the translucent boxes look cool but, they aren't as durable as the black.

Lastly the regulator. Linear regulators work by dumping the excess power as heat. They work fine but, you get shorter battery life. You want a switching regulator for a device you plan to use long term.

The madvapes VV uses a linear regulator and it uses the plastic tabs to hold the back on.

The Krimson Kustom mods have an evercool switching regulator but, I don't know about the back. I think I saw a post from someone that added magnets but, I'm not sure. If they don't have the magnets and you're willing to do that, that is an option. You also might contact him and see what he'd charge to do it.

Ken's box mods use a switching regulator and have magnets to hold the back on.

If you just want to dip your toe in the VV pool before diving in, get the madvapes. It's nice to have a backup anyway. However, if you can only afford one, I would check on the back with Krimson Kustoms but, the only plastic mod that I know of that meets all the criteria is Ken's.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Thanks for your advice MickeyRat, I ended up ordering Black Krimson Kustoms VV (evercool) with magnet enclosure thrown in for free.
I also ordered voltage meter from Madvapes along with 4XTrust fire batteries and a charger.
Can't wait till it gets here :)

Good choice I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you got the Trustfire charger, madvapes also sells an attachment to plug it into a cigarette lighter. I took a 10 hour drive a week ago using that and a madvapes VV with DOD attached. Worked great!!

If you do much driving, you might like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread