Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
So, I have 4oz. of TFA Cup Cake and really need to use it up. It is over 6 months old(refrigerated and good) but I haven't been the best at figuring out decent combos of flavoring for a really good vape.

I have done a:
Cup Cake TFA 10%
Strawberry TFA 3%
E.M. TFA 1%
Sweetener TFA 1 drop(needed more)

Wasn't a bad mix and very vapeable, but nothing to right home about or consider repeating.

Any suggestions for any flavors/percentages you might like would be welcome.

My flavor base is TFA and I have some 80 flavors to work with. Easier to point out what I don't have but might consider purchasing later than to post a whole list of what I do have.

All ideas Welcome - I am an adventurer in vaping :thumbs:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Wasn't a bad mix and very vapeable, but nothing to right home about or consider repeating.
I know what you mean. I have several mis spent dollars invested in flavors that other folks love and I find them ok but not keepers by way of wanting to use them again.
The following is my take only:
If the Cup Cake TFA does not taste close to great as a standalone, I would abandon using this flavor as a main. You might be able to find it useful as a mix but I would not spend too much time gnashing my teeth on this.
I find nude bakery flavors must go great as standalones with a few selected mix mates(EM,sweetener) . Adding a power fruit flavor tends to back shelf (mask) the bakery flavor. Sometimes this works. Most of the time it does not.
I have found that the base like Cup Cake has to been near great (for my taste) to even consider trying to a salvage use for it, let alone adding a known great flavor to it.
Acetyl Pyrazine in small percentage enhances deserts/bakery.
Marshmallow can be used to help overcome dryness.
If you have any additional questions, just hit "like" and I will get back to this thread to answer.

Reactions: crxess

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Thanks for the reply.
I Actually do like the taste of TFA CupCake in stand alone. It is just not anything special this way.
Think of me as the x-kid that would double icing a cupcake, loves strawberry/blueberry cakes and muffins:)
I'm 61 and the FDA is clueless on adult taste:sneaky:

I do agree marshmallow has its advantages and I have already started including it in several recipes. Just haven't gotten back to the cupcake.

I Have been considering a Double Chocolate Clear and Milk chocolate CupCake mix.
Any thoughts?

*My one experience with AP was a total put off. I did a well reviewed RY4/AP recipe but to me it tasted like soggy bread.

Reactions: BrotherBob

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Four recipes from the big TFA thread, or Bill's Magic Vapor blogs and whatnot (all are his recipes). The Dragon's Blood was my sole ADV for awhile and still one of my 3 or so ADVs I rotate around with. The Twinkies and Chocolate Cake, at 8% will do a great job running your excess cupcake down :)

Dragon's Blood:
Dragonfruit 10%
Strawberry 5%
Cotton Candy 5%
Vanilla Cupcake 2.5%
Bavarian Cream 4%
Sweet Cream 2%
Vanilla Swirl 1.5%

Cherries Jubilee
Cherry - 2%
Cotton Candy - 6%
Vanilla Cupcake - 4%
Bavarian Cream - 4%
Jamaican Rum - 4%

Chocolate Cake
Vanilla Cupcake - 8%
Cotton Candy - 6%
Milk Chocolate - 4%
Bavarian Cream - 4%
Vanilla Swirl - 3%
Double Chocolate - 4%
Butter - 1%

Twinkies
Vanilla Cupcake - 8%
Sweetener - 4%
Bavarian Cream - 4%
Sweet Cream - 4%

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Thanks,
I have most of the flavors listed in these recipes.
Sounds like some have found a Cream is key to bringing things out in a Cupcake mix.
I have Whipped, Bavarian and a few others so it looks like next mixing session I'll be adding a few sample mixes to the regular list.

Very much appreciated All !!!:)

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Thanks,
I have most of the flavors listed in these recipes.
Sounds like some have found a Cream is key to bringing things out in a Cupcake mix.
I have Whipped, Bavarian and a few others so it looks like next mixing session I'll be adding a few sample mixes to the regular list.

Very much appreciated All !!!:)
It's like making any cupcake... some cream filling, some fruit or chocolate on top, some sweetener mixed in the basic batter....

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I Actually do like the taste of TFA CupCake in stand alone. It is just not anything special this way.
You just answered your own question. Not an exceptional stand alone for you. If you have the time and desire to experiment--go for it.

I Have been considering a Double Chocolate Clear and Milk chocolate CupCake mix.
Any thoughts?
Cruising for a bruisin. Chocolate is tricky. LOL.

*My one experience with AP was a total put off. I did a well reviewed RY4/AP recipe but to me it tasted like soggy bread.

I frequently use Acetyl Pyrazine 0.2% max in bakery mixes.

My take ---so many great standalones out there why would I want to beat my head against a wall?
You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Go home with who you brought to the dance...etc..
Got about 10 years on you , so have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread