Need the right cartomizer for my setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgardner

Feb 1, 2014
United States
I have been vaping on clearomizers for a long time: iClear 30s, 16, EVOD, etc. Yesterday I got a simple 510 joyetech carto, and really enjoyed the vape. Incredible flavor... Now, I need to find something that won't leak all the time, and can hit more than just a few drops. Here are the parameters:

100% VG with the occasional 80/20
iTaste MVP2
Provari (standard)
Does not leak out the bottom

What are your recommendations?

Brian

1ne2woBe

Apr 18, 2014
United States
You've tried PT2? I only have had one leak within my PT2's, however that was due to the bottom O ring had fallen onto the bathroom floor w/o me noticing when cleaning. WOW was that a mess and waste of a ton of juice for an hour trying to figure out why I was leaking and gurgling!

My iClear 30s's had never leaked, however I had only used them a couple of times. Great cloud production, however major lack of flavor IMO. EVOD's... yea, hit and miss when they came to leaking, and never really got to enjoy true flavor and vapor production from them.

Back to PT2's, I've heard of complaints of leaking due to being on the lower side of juice content within the tank. I myself had never ran into that problem... so I really can not confirm... only of course deny such claims... personally.

So, all in all, with what you have provided upon your OP, it seems as if PT2 may be your best bet as an alternative IMO. I personally enjoy Kayfuns, however it seems you are not interested in (re)building your own coils (which is fine). So PT2 is my suggestion.

PS: PT2 may look better on your Provari than a Joytech carto. If you happen to live around the left side of the states, I'd give you one of mine for free. LOL

Good luck buddy!

epicdoom

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Maryland USA
I don't have any leaking issues from the IClear 30S model or the 16's I know others have though. Are you interested in an RBA if so the Kayfun 3.1 is as leak proof as you can get. The clones on the market are very well made. I bought a real one, but could have saved a nice chunk buying a clone, and I could have gotten it faster then a months time.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have been vaping on clearomizers for a long time: iClear 30s, 16, EVOD, etc. Yesterday I got a simple 510 Joyetech carto, and really enjoyed the vape. Incredible flavor... Now, I need to find something that won't leak all the time, and can hit more than just a few drops. Here are the parameters:

100% VG with the occasional 80/20
iTaste MVP2
Provari (standard)
Does not leak out the bottom

What are your recommendations?

Brian

Hi Brian. Anything that contains liquid may leak--nature of the beast. You'll just have to learn to live with it.

Having said that, I own an MVP2 and a Provari and have used the following toppers: Boge and Smoktech cartomizers and carto tanks, Kanger BCC (T3, T3S, eVod, Protanks), Kanger T2, Aspire BDC (ET-S), iClear 16 and 30, ViVi Nova, T-Dux 2.0, and eGo-C atomizers. Never had one leak--ever. But there is a bit of a learning curve with each topper. One just has to figure out how to use them correctly. Make sure that everything inside is tightened properly (the coil head, gaskets etc.) and that you don't over tighten your clearos when screwing them on your batteries.

Good luck.

1ne2woBe

Apr 18, 2014
United States
I had no idea they were still making them. :D

I tried them years ago. Err... let's put it this way--they are not very good. :p

LMAO... Yea, I believe that's why most of us had moved on since then. They were GREAT for a foot in the door into the vaping world though. Without them, who knows if I'd still be smoking today. Funny how 90% of my concerns regarding weight, feel, size, and taste at first were all thrown out the window once I went to eventually my preferred setup is today. Crazy how that works out. Hahaha

epicdoom

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Maryland USA
The little clearbeauties seem to for the most part be leak proof. I have had a few leak slightly onto my battery contact. I'm pretty careful to remove my tank or whatever regularly to wipe away any liquid that gets in there. More .... I guess you could say, as liquids and electricity don't mix well. For the units that do leak I have found them to be built with less care, most I have come across though seem to have good quality control. The clearbeauties are what I used to start off, there still a pretty good little system IMO, if you get good ones. As long as you keep settings low enough and keep your Hits moderate you will get fairly good vapor and taste without burning your coils, and that dreaded burnt taste. That said they IMO don't hold a candle to something like the Iclear 30's and protanks, for vapor and taste. I hate having to buy coils and depend on my shop to have what I need when I need it. In spite of my love for the 30S I am moving on to all RBA's eventually.

bgardner

Feb 1, 2014
United States
Let me clarify what I said. None of my clearos leak, except a little on the 510 post - totally able to deal with that.

I just really enjoyed the flavor on this cartomizer, and the hit on my 100% VG was great. I just don't want half the contents leaking down all over my unit.

I just wanted a read on a better carto than the Joyetech. Anyone have a good read on this one? It looks like a good possible, due to the fact that I can get the 3-hole version for the VG.

Tanks for all the advice (pun intended).

Brian

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Let me clarify what I said. None of my clearos leak, except a little on the 510 post - totally able to deal with that.

I just really enjoyed the flavor on this cartomizer, and the hit on my 100% VG was great. I just don't want half the contents leaking down all over my unit.

I just wanted a read on a better carto than the Joyetech. Anyone have a good read on this one? It looks like a good possible, due to the fact that I can get the 3-hole version for the VG.

Tanks for all the advice (pun intended).

Brian

This is a slotted dual coil cartomizer to be used in carto tanks ONLY. Can't be used separately.

Smoktech makes non-slotted cartomizers that can be used without tanks, both single-and dual coil versions. Can't tell you if they anything like the Joyetechs--the Joyetechs I tried (years ago) tasted fine for about 1/2 hour--then they started to taste burnt due to the very ill-advised bottom coil placement. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread