Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Sorry to .... in here rather than starting a new thread, but has anyone tried Grindz?
Fresh Grindz - $6.00 : Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

I haven't tried HHV yet, the flavors sure sound deliciously good...:)
Love it. Didn't like the kona coffee at all, tasted like popcorn to me. But Grindz!!! Grindz is a good solid MickeyD or Dunkin' Donuts type flavor, not a bitter or Starbucks type. And I have bought many prior to this that didn't pass my taste test. In fact the last good one I had before Heather's magic brew was ! Hangsen! Ah, the old old days....

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
@Chakris - I knew you'd have some good input here! How did I get the idea that you liked menthol?!? Who knows - it'll have to remain a mystery. Maybe I confused it with Peppermint. :blink:
Well, I did smoke menthol (B&H Green, I stole these from Dad, Newports and Marlboro Green) when I was in high school, but changed to Marlboro Red when I started working in a restaurant and before I went into the navy. Maybe that's where you got it from... o_O :confused: o_O

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
No rambling at all! This forum's been totally invaluable for figuring out the deal with all this vaping business.

It's definitely not rocket science, but there's just soooo many choices out there competing for your money--it's a huge help to get some honest opinions from beyond the youtube crowd. Especially for someone who thought vaping was like a throw-away gas station phenomenon until about a month ago.

So, haven't quit smoking yet, but this all looks very promising so far!
Back when I first started thinking, thinking mind you, that maybe vaping would finally get me off the stinkies, there wasn't much choice. You either vaped cig-a-likes, or you smoked. Well, that changed within the first year - our friends at JoyeTech & Vision came up with the eGo-style batteries and clearomisers to go with them. It's been an uphill climb since then. Seems like every other month there was a new thingumabob that would enhance your vaping experience XXX fold! There's been a few milestones along the way, but mostly it's been nick picking over which upgrades are/were better. The transition from cig-a-like to eGo, Twist/Vision, Spinners with MopTop clearomizers was significant. We now had better flavor delivery device and we could vape for longer periods of time. I quit smoking for 11 months when I started using these. The longest I've ever been able to stay off the stinkies! Now, I have an occasional cig from time to time, but it's no where near as many as I used to smoke.

I do believe, that the majority of people who do start vaping, never go back to smoking.

Going from those to Gen-style RTAs was another biggie. Rebuilding attys really took off after these came out. Yes, people were rebuilding Protank attys back then, but it was a PITA and you pretty much had to have specialized tools and materials to do it. Then a Russian designer popped up to invent the KayFun and the many iterations thereof to where we now stand. ;)

There you go, Vaping History in a nutshell... LOL
PS The above is based on my own experiences and should in no way be considered the Gospel on vaping.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Well, I did smoke menthol (B&H Green, I stole these from Dad, Newports and Marlboro Green) when I was in high school, but changed to Marlboro Red when I started working in a restaurant and before I went into the navy. Maybe that's where you got it from... o_O :confused: o_O

Could be. But it's kind of you not to chalk it up to old lady bad memory syndrome. You let me save face there! ;)

Nice vaping history recap too.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Could be. But it's kind of you not to chalk it up to old lady bad memory syndrome. You let me save face there! ;)

Nice vaping history recap too.
Well, I think everybody knew I had tried menthol and thought it was pretty good, it's just that I don't vape it regularly.

Reactions: inspects

klrcommute

Nov 25, 2015
Got my first order!

Gonna leave most of 'em sit for a while, but I tried a bit of the 50/50 Caramel Apple Tobacco. Flavor's very mild--I'm hoping it'll strengthen a bit after a few weeks, else I'm probably gonna be a candidate for an extra flavor shot next time.

What I can taste is really good though. Best I can describe it is...uniform, like all the flavors actually belong together. So glad the caramel isn't overdone, like sickly sweet. 50/50 actually seems fairly thick and puts out a lot of vapor compared to other juices I've seen at that ratio, so I may actually bump the PG next time as well.

All the flavors in the recipe definitely blend and work well together. Nothing like, say, Mt Baker's RY4, which I thought the 'caramel' in that was just bleghhh.

Thanks again for the input, will let you know how the others work out in a while.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Got my first order!

Gonna leave most of 'em sit for a while, but I tried a bit of the 50/50 Caramel Apple Tobacco. Flavor's very mild--I'm hoping it'll strengthen a bit after a few weeks, else I'm probably gonna be a candidate for an extra flavor shot next time.

What I can taste is really good though. Best I can describe it is...uniform, like all the flavors actually belong together. So glad the caramel isn't overdone, like sickly sweet. 50/50 actually seems fairly thick and puts out a lot of vapor compared to other juices I've seen at that ratio, so I may actually bump the PG next time as well.

All the flavors in the recipe definitely blend and work well together. Nothing like, say, Mt Baker's RY4, which I thought the 'caramel' in that was just bleghhh.

Thanks again for the input, will let you know how the others work out in a while.
I'm a CAT connoisseur. It definitely gets better with age. And yes, all three flavors are evenly balanced. The flavor will get sharper and deeper with age. I like mine a minimum of a month old...longer is even better.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Searching for ADV!

Recently started vaping, ordered mostly from Mount Baker with some very mixed results. The closest thing I've found to an ADV is VaporShark's Extra Menthol Tobacco (dunno if it's NET or not.) Everyone on ECF seems to speak pretty highly of HHV's NET lineup so I'm asking for your input!

1) Your favorite/ADV tobacco flavor from HHV, NET or otherwise.

2) Menthol or not, opinions on the various degrees of menthol strength from HHV and how they sit with particular flavors

3) PG/VG mix, what's your ideal mix for whichever particular hardware (I'm on a Nautilus at the moment with a tighter draw, usually around 12.5W--with some dripping hardware on the way.)

4) Typical steep (aging! haha) method/time, open-air with caps off or not, opinions on how PG/VG mix tends to change steep time, etc.

5) Flavor shots, how many, how they change steep time, how necessary for higher VG, etc.

*I left off nicotine concentration since it's so subjective, and I'll likely be going with 18mg whatever the case.

Thanks all in advance! Hoping this will go a long way to find whatever I'm searching for at HHV without having to spend a fortune in the process...

(Feel free to move this thread if necessary, mods--I wasn't exactly sure where to put it!)
Just to let you know , you can go higher VG with HHV and not experience flavor loss . They automatically add extra flavor on a sliding scale with higher VG juices . Of course you can always request extra extract on top of that and it more than levels the field in regards to flavor . I regularly vape 100% VG with 2x flavor and I'd stack it against any juice from any vendor at any ratio . I like my HHV NET's with 3 months of aging or more , the changes in flavor are dramatic at that point IMO , but HHV is pretty damd good right out the box , I would never have made a second order with them if that wasn't the case . As far as favorites Legend and Dragon's Fire lead the way but Huntsman and Temptation are right up there as well .

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
klr, I'm late to this party but my 3 favorites are Heavenly Tobacco, Pirates Booty and Legend. PB and Legend are NETs; HT is not. I've been a HT fan since the very first time I vaped it.

I tried Legend a long time ago (back when it was known by another name), and then re-ordered it about 6 months ago and fell in love all over again.

Try as many as you can. You'll surely find 2 or 3 or more that you really like. I discovered HHV about 3 years ago and I have vaped HHV exclusively for about the last 2 years.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Just stumbled upon this thread again, the Grindz is fantastic.... even FOOB.

I'll be ordering several other flavors, if they can conquer coffee, nuff said.....:)

Hard to find these fantastic juice companies, thank God for this forum and all the helpful folks.

klrcommute

Nov 25, 2015
PS: I always wanted to try a KLR, but never got to ride one. I've had a BMW F650GS, an R1150GS and lots of other bikes, but never got to own or even ride the KLR, which is the swiss army knife of motorcycles.
Hahah it's definitely the poor man's BMW! Ugly as sin, but what a reliable mule it is...

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Just stumbled upon this thread again, the Grindz is fantastic.... even FOOB.

I'll be ordering several other flavors, if they can conquer coffee, nuff said.....:)

Hard to find these fantastic juice companies, thank God for this forum and all the helpful folks.
yupperz... Ive tried several other juices and HHV nails it everytime... the only one I didnt like... umm wait, I like all of the ones I tried from HHV :)

Reactions: Bronze

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread