Needing some help understanding things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
I hope this is the right place to post, I have a few questions I hope (I know) you all can help me with.

I want to venture into a tubular mod, I do have the MVP 2.0 I love it but the curiosity of the tube mods with batteries that you put in. I've been vaping now for 4 months and although I've lasted this long without up-grading I want to make sure I totally understand everything before I do. I typically just use the Evod tanks and a ptmini.

Now I've been browsing on fasttech and was looking at the full starter kits, I found the $42.49 Vamo V5 Variable Voltage/Wattage APV Starter Kit at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

and this one $39.44 VAMO V5 Variable Voltage/Wattage APV Starter Kit - chromed brass / 3.0-6.0V / 3.0W-15.0W at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The question I have is, the first one has two big batteries, and the second one has 2 small batteries, What is the difference and what one would be better to get?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Looks like the same mod in both packages. One package has two 18350 batteries and the other comes with two 18650 batteries. I would go with the first one and the larger batteries. You can always purchase the smaller 18350 batteries separately if you want to shorten the mod, but the larger batteries will last longer.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I hope this is the right place to post, I have a few questions I hope (I know) you all can help me with.

I want to venture into a tubular mod, I do have the MVP 2.0 I love it but the curiosity of the tube mods with batteries that you put in. I've been vaping now for 4 months and although I've lasted this long without up-grading I want to make sure I totally understand everything before I do. I typically just use the Evod tanks and a ptmini.

Now I've been browsing on Fasttech and was looking at the full starter kits, I found the $42.49 Vamo V5 Variable Voltage/Wattage APV Starter Kit at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

and this one $39.44 VAMO V5 Variable Voltage/Wattage APV Starter Kit - chromed brass / 3.0-6.0V / 3.0W-15.0W at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The question I have is, the first one has two big batteries, and the second one has 2 small batteries, What is the difference and what one would be better to get?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

The links Didn't work when I clicked on them. But I think I know what the Difference is.

The one with the Bigger Batteries is a Kit that includes Two 18650 Batteries. And the one with the Smaller Batteries is a Kit that includes Two 18350 Batteries

The Difference between an 18650 and an 18350 Battery is how long the Last before having to charge them. An 18650 has the Same Voltage as an 18350, just has a Larger Capacity.

It should be Noted though that the Batteries that come in these VAMO Kits are Low Quality Batteries. So is the Charger.

If you want to go the VAMO Route, I would Suggest buying the VAMO by itself, and then buying either Two AW 18650 IMR Batteries. Or Two AW 18350 IMR Batteries.

And if you need a Charger for them, buying something like a Nitecore I2 or I4 charger.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
If you look at the Vamo in the photos you can see that it has two sections below the display screen - you remove the middle extender section to shorten it and use the one 18350 (smaller) battery.

Issue with both kits, they include no name batteries and chargers - you will be better served to order just the literal vamo from fasttech and save getting the batteries and charger for a reputable brand, chemistry and vendor, somewhere like RTD.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
As stated above, the kits come with cheap batteries and chargers which should be replaced with decent stuff asap. You're better off buying the body only and good batteries and charger separately. It'll cost you a bit more initially, but if you get a good setup to begin with it'll pay off in a few months. Also, don't be concerned with buying the v5, as the v4 and v3's are all similar electronically, they just have cosmetic differences. My v3 is going on a year old and still running perfectly. They all come with a short tube for using 18350's, and a long tube for 18650's. Do be aware though that the finish isn't the greatest, it'll wear through in spots pretty quickly. That doesn't affect function however.

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
That's why I'm here asking all I can before I jump into this :) I'm in no rush to make my purchase, I'm just so used to the "plug and play" like the MVP and Ego, Having a unit that requires installing batteries is new to me, and I want to be safe as I possibly can.

I rebuild my own coils but I do not sub-ohm or make builds lower than 1.8 and those are by accidents..lol I usually aim for 2.0ohms.
So that is another reason why I want to understand these batteries as much as I can.

I'll just add, please heed the warnings above concerning the batteries and chargers. When it comes to batteries, don't go for cheap. Be sure , and be safe.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So is the vamo v5 actually made to be able to make smaller? with the smaller batteries?

And with these types of batteries, Are they safe? I really have no clue with these, as I've been using the MVP and Ego batteries you just plug them in.

Yeah... The VAMO comes with 2 Tubes.

If you use them Both, then it will Except an 18650 Battery. If you just use 1 Tube, then it will take an 18350 Battery.

No Clue what type of Batteries those Blue Ones are? Because they are No Names. Which is Not a Very Good Sign that they are a Decent Batteries. Same with the Charger.

I know it is Enticing to see such a Cheap Price for a Complete Vamo Kit. But there is a Reason it is Cheap. Because the Batteries and Charger are Low Quality "Cheap" Items.

Spend a Little More buy buying AW Brand Batteries. And a Named Charger like a Nitecore. They will last Longer and save you Money in the Long Run. And are Safer to use.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ok So as I'm still searching the net, I came across another question.

What is the difference between a button top and a flat top battery?

And thank you again guys for being so helpful...

I'm assuming to try and purchase the batteries in the States to avoid a long shipping time too? :)

As far as Volts and Amps, Nothing. But Flat Top don't work in all Mods.

Flat Tops are made because it is Easier to Solder a bunch of them together to make a Power Pak like a Laptop Battery.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Flat top batteries are a little shorter than button tops. I'm using flat top AW li-ion's in my Vamo because the button tops are a little long and won't let me screw the battery cap on all the way, and they work just fine. IMR's, even though they aren't flat tops, are shorter than li-ion's because they don't have (or need) a protection circuit. Most people use IMR's instead of li-ion's in their vv/vw rigs. I don't like the shorter runtime of IMR's though which are usually around 1600 mah to 2000 mah. Li-ion's are in the 2600 mah to over 3000 mah which let me go for a couple of days on a charge if necessary.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
BTW - One other thing to Note.

If you buy things from Fasttech that has a Battery in it, or a Battery by itself, it can take Forever to get to you.

Very true! I haven't ordered from Fasttech, but from another vendor, in Hong Kong; the order that contained an eGo-style battery took about 3 wks to arrive. The order that contained no batteries of any kind, took just 9 days.

And BTW, since we're on the subject of Vamos... I'm considering an older model of theirs, the v2, because I found one in the gun-metal finish that's really cheap, but I'm wondering, will Vamos take the 18490 or 18500 size batteries, or just the '650s and '350s?

Andria

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Very true! I haven't ordered from Fasttech, but from another vendor, in Hong Kong; the order that contained an eGo-style battery took about 3 wks to arrive. The order that contained no batteries of any kind, took just 9 days.

And BTW, since we're on the subject of Vamos... I'm considering an older model of theirs, the v2, because I found one in the gun-metal finish that's really cheap, but I'm wondering, will Vamos take the 18490 or 18500 size batteries, or just the '650s and '350s?

Andria

Yeah... Packages that Contain just about Any kind of Battery Usually go Singapore Post (at least they did a Few Months ago). Which is Kinda the Black Hole of Mail Service.

As far as I know. No VAMO ever came that could take a 18490/18500 Battery. But there may be Aftermarket Tubes availably.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA

Andria

Unfortunately, they are not telescopic so the 2 tube pieces are only sized to take '350s or '650s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread