Nemesis switch pin problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
I have a Nemesis clone that I use as my primary device lately. I'm wondering how in the hell the bottom pin unscrews itself all time. I have to screw it in a few turns about 2 times an hour. I'm not familiar with Loctite and don't want to mess up the switch but think a non permanent form of that may work. Any suggestions or experience about this issue would be cool. I use flat top 18650 batteries and the atomizer is always secured with the top pin. Never any battery rattle. Just a bit perplexed as to why it unthreads.

Ride394

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Oxford, NJ
No, get the magnets from FatDaddyVapes.com. Also get the pins from Fatdaddy, It's easy to get the switch pin tight enough.

This is definitely an easy and proven fix, but a little more costly. The same can be accomplished with the lock washer, a file, and the 10 magnets from supermagnetman. But if you aren't into tinkering, then yes FatDaddy is definitely the go to solution.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
The reason it unthreads is due to the spring. When you press the switch the spring induces some axial torque, overtime this causes the pin to loosen.

Go to your local hardware store and pick up and internal tooth lock washer. It will keep the pin tight and reduce the switch throw to about 1mm.

Interesting theory -unfortunately incorrect. The pin can turn on its own even in a Magnetic switch configuration.
I Know, all mine are magnetic.

Wicked & Coiled

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Stratford, NJ
Similar thing happens on the Magneto.

Just from firing it right-handed, the switch inadvertently spins out from the locking ring in the switch ...'y. You know when it's getting bad if the locking ring begins to freely spin instead of stopping.

If the magnet comes loose, the damn thing makes contact and fires the mod. Busardo covered that very problem in his review, as it's apparently very common on the mod.

Unfortunately, my situation is unique as I can't just unscrew my bottom cap, because it's implanted/overthreaded too tightly. Can't get it off to save my life. So I have to push the negative terminal down, while depressing the switch, and spin it clockwise to re-tighten it and it takes FOREVER.

It's a real blast.

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Go to your local hardware store and pick up and internal tooth lock washer. It will keep the pin tight and reduce the switch throw to about 1mm.
I'd seen pictures of Nemesis switch setups showing the lock washer (along with magnet shims, but those I understood) but never understood what purpose it served. Thanks for explaining.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I have a Nemesis clone that I use as my primary device lately. I'm wondering how in the hell the bottom pin unscrews itself all time. I have to screw it in a few turns about 2 times an hour. I'm not familiar with Loctite and don't want to mess up the switch but think a non permanent form of that may work. Any suggestions or experience about this issue would be cool. I use flat top 18650 batteries and the atomizer is always secured with the top pin. Never any battery rattle. Just a bit perplexed as to why it unthreads.

Do you know why it unthreads?

The same reason people find the Nemesis firing button to not work right and try to fix it with magnets rather than addressing the real problem.

The real problem is the Nemesis was designed around button top batteries and has about 1.5mm more room inside than the average flat top. In order to make flat top batteries work you've got to leave the pins slightly loose, which allows but the bottom and the top pin to unscrew with use.

If you REALLY want to fix the problem then don't waste time and money on magnet kits or washers, just switch to button top batteries.

I use button tops and my pins are always nice and tight. The pins do not unscrew themselves, there is never any crunching at all from the (still spring loaded) button, and it never ever misfires. The only time I open mine up is when I want to change the topper or the battery. I never have problems with the mech itself.

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
Just take out the small trim ring or use a 3mm battery magnet. Both the silver contact screws are designed to be tight, not loosened for battery length adjustment. Poor instructions from the original maker led to this confusion. The only adjustment, rather than altering the tube or battery length is the entire switch itself. If the bottom silver switch screw is not tight (I snug with pliers), the screw will loosen.

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
I use mine with an 18650 flat top + trim ring + kick with a 1mm battery magnet. Without a kick, a 3mm battery magnet. Of course, both contact screws are fully tightened. I also use

2 Ounce Tub CB Ham Radio No Ox ID A Special Conductive Grease All Antenna Metal | eBay

and three:

10050098W Strong NdFeB Magnet Ring - Silver (10 PCS) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I've used daily for 6 months without a problem.

Grease for the magnets?

If you REALLY want to fix the problem then don't waste time and money on magnet kits or washers, just switch to button top batteries.

I wouldn't call it a waste of money and time, magnets also serve other purposes like being able to set down the mech without firing..... besides, a few magnets and a single washer are not going to break the bank nor take much of ones time. I have done much worse with my time and money and we all know that.......reason why we are all vaping now :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread