Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
york,PA
Pro- taste, not PWM crackling burning

Con: tolerance isssues

Con: switch sucks even with magnets

Con: the adjustment screw at the top is a 20 minute ordeal to get right

Con: the button top batteries generally require a magnet extension

buy one, set it up for an 18650 battery, use fatdaddy's mods (all of them) and keep it for when you want Provari flavor for $40

Don't buy 4 of them 'cause they are inexpensive and think your going to have 4 provari's for cheap. You will regreat all the time wasted tinkering with them.

Last edited:

seanpdx

Aug 15, 2013
Not Japan

Buy one, set it up for an 18650 battery, use fatdaddy's mods (all of them) and keep it for when you want Provari flavor for $40

Don't buy 4 of them 'cause they are inexpensive and think your going to have 4 provari's for cheap. You will regreat all the time wasted tinkering with them.

Which clone? The only really "negative" thing I can say about my HCigar nemesis clone is that the magnet switch isn't very strong. That's... about to be remedied by a better set of magnets. =) Top post is a breeze to adjust, button top batteries are usable, tolerances seem good. And the magnet switch isn't horrible, it just risks an auto-fire if I stand it up without locking it. So... I always lock it. Problem sorta solved. =)

Of course, sinphul is also correct. The authentic nemesis doesn't have any of these issues. =D

TheTurk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2014
New jersey
I have a nemesis clone i got for $25 plus fatdadys magnet upgrade i got the updated screws too but didnt see the need to replace the ones came with so i have a $40 clone that looks nice and performs nice
I am very new to the mechanicals and took me about 2 mins to adjust the top screw hell the whole mod took 3 mins to set it up , switch is not the best BUT awesome for $25 ;)
I can understand being against clones but comparing a cheap mech to a 200 something dollar VV mod even tho im sure its a great device is just being ignorant
Thank you have nice day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SINphul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Ashburn, VA
I have a nemesis clone i got for $25 plus fatdadys magnet upgrade i got the updated screws too but didnt see the need to replace the ones came with so i have a $40 clone that looks nice and performs nice
I am very new to the mechanicals and took me about 2 mins to adjust the top screw hell the whole mod took 3 mins to set it up , switch is not the best BUT awesome for $25 ;)
I can understand being against clones but comparing a cheap mech to a 200 something dollar VV mod even tho im sure its a great device is just being ignorant
Thank you have nice day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only mentioned it since he referenced buying 4 of them. In that case, better to just buy the one authentic :)

But I've tried the Hcigar clone, and it is very decent, considering the cost of entry. The only qualm I had with it was a very crunchy switch (which I imagine could be remedied with some sanding).

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
I don't have any of the issues that you're telling. I've the brass nemesis on FT. Switched out to anodized tubes for looks.
Hits great and the button is still good, i bought the magnets but haven't bothered to put them in due the spring holds up just fine.

I had issues with the button at first, that's because the screw in the buttoncap had unscrewed itself. Just tightening the screw and it's all good again. :)

510 pin is realy easy... Screw it out put the atty on screw it back until it stops. And you're done.

I've a couple more nemesis on the way here, so we'll see if they have the issues you're talking about.

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
I got the FT $25 one and it's fine.
Switch pin kept coming undone increasing the travel. Switch is a little wobbly which made it a pain with more travel. Tightened the pin with pliers and it's fine now though not a precision fit. (still slight wobble)

To adjust the top screw, remove the top of the nemesis, screw the atty in and adjust the pin from the bottom.

wonkeypickle

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
'murrikka
i've been delegated the task of being the in house nemesis clone repairman at my job. they are good mods, but they do require some fiddling. What's interesting to me is that even the people who aren't big into vaping as a hobby still pick up my authentic nemesis and are able to see the difference. To some, it matters, and they go grab an authentic. Others may not notice, and they happily vape away on their 25$ clone.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
i've been delegated the task of being the in house nemesis clone repairman at my job. they are good mods, but they do require some fiddling. What's interesting to me is that even the people who aren't big into vaping as a hobby still pick up my authentic nemesis and are able to see the difference. To some, it matters, and they go grab an authentic. Others may not notice, and they happily vape away on their 25$ clone.

I notice - again, 9 Mods< Avg cost per. $23> That is barely over the cost of 1 original with shipping.:)

bluesbishop

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

Buy one, set it up for an 18650 battery, use fatdaddy's mods (all of them) and keep it for when you want Provari flavor for $40

I am generally amazed at some of the issues some people seem to have with their nemesis clones. All I have done with the Hcigar is clean it, center the spring properly, and put in a battery and it works perfectly with no issues every time.

No crunch, no switch issues, no issues with improper tolerances. I find regardless of battery being used it works perfectly and smoothly every time. For safety reasons I only use the Sonys or the efest purples 18650 most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread