Not open for further replies.

regal55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
york,PA
Clean Mod now and then.

All contacts, Threading, Individual switch parts - Even Battery ends and Kick Post
Test and confirm Battery quality - they do go bad

Magnets have no conductive value in a Nemesis

Which is my case. I checked all the basic stuff. I get 4.2V at the 510 connector when depressed. But the contact to the tank just isn't making it. Ordering another one.

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
The nemesis should take a flat top battery without a spacer.

Try assembling it in this order:

With the top cap removed, attatch your Atty with the 510 post loose. Thread the Atty so that it is flush with the top cap.

Tighten the 510 post screw in the top cap so that it seats against the Atty 510 post.

Assemble desired extension tubes. No beauty ring if not using a fuse.

Insert battery. Pos end towards Atty.

Thread in switch. Make sure center contact of switch is tightened.

This should work unless you are using a non standard or protected battery (which shouldn't be used anyway).

WilsonR

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Arlington, VA
I get the overheating issue on the fire button when I have it pressed down for too long. At one point it gets so hot that its hard to hold. I've checked it, made sure the pin was secure. Last night I had to pull the psring apart a bit so the pin would sit on it instead of being held in by it. So far so good, still overheats but I've come to the conclusion that its me taking too long of hits and too frequently.

If I space out my pulls then I think it should be fine. I just started trying this last night. We'll see how it goes. But I did get told to upgrade the pins and upgrade to magnet switch. Only time will tell. But my Hades is a 26650 and it doesn't get that hot. It'll get warm but thats about it. I'm running .16 on the Hades and .12 on the Nemi. I'm running an efest and VTC5 battery on the Nemi. No matter which battery I use, the heating issue exists. Which leads me to believe its just me.

heateris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
SEPA
I get the overheating issue on the fire button when I have it pressed down for too long. At one point it gets so hot that its hard to hold. I've checked it, made sure the pin was secure. Last night I had to pull the psring apart a bit so the pin would sit on it instead of being held in by it. So far so good, still overheats but I've come to the conclusion that its me taking too long of hits and too frequently.

If I space out my pulls then I think it should be fine. I just started trying this last night. We'll see how it goes. But I did get told to upgrade the pins and upgrade to magnet switch. Only time will tell. But my Hades is a 26650 and it doesn't get that hot. It'll get warm but thats about it. I'm running .16 on the Hades and .12 on the Nemi. I'm running an efest and VTC5 battery on the Nemi. No matter which battery I use, the heating issue exists. Which leads me to believe its just me.

Clean the whole mod including completely disassembling the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talonrsr

Mar 7, 2014
Rockville, MD
Which is my case. I checked all the basic stuff. I get 4.2V at the 510 connector when depressed. But the contact to the tank just isn't making it. Ordering another one.

Push the black derlin in on the top cap.
Mine had an issues where the derlin piece backed out a little.
Just push it back in and it will make contact again

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden

Sounds like you have a short somewhere. The button should NOT get hot.
Also if my mind doesnt fail my vtc only handles 0.14 and you're running .12?
Efest is rebranded panasonic 20A batteries so they can't hold up on that low thats also one problem. it's gonna vent if you keep using it at those levels.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio

You're pulling 35 amps with a 30 amp battery with that setup on your Nemesis. If you're pulling for longer than 5-6 seconds on that setup you are also going over the VTC5's burst amp limit. That could be causing the heat for sure.

Increase the resistance and see if the nemesis is still heating up. If it doesn't ... you were over stressing the battery. If it does, it HAS to be a conductivity issue with the mod (which as already stated should be easily fixed by cleaning every part on the mod).

Last edited:

WilsonR

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Arlington, VA
You're pulling 35 amps with a 30 amp battery with that setup on your Nemesis. If you're pulling for longer than 5-6 seconds on that setup you are also going over the VTC5's burst amp limit. That could be causing the heat for sure.

Increase the resistance and see if the nemesis is still heating up. If it doesn't ... you were over stressing the battery. If it does, it HAS to be a conductivity issue with the mod (which as already stated should be easily fixed by cleaning every part on the mod).

Ever since posting, I've tried vaping differently. Instead of long pulls, I'm taking shorter ones. Roughly 4-5sec. By doing so, it does not overheat. Pretty much what you said was happening. I had a rollercoaster build done on a different atty and it was happening on that and it wasn't reading at sub ohms. Thats why I figured it was me. And sure enough I was right.

I guess it was more trial and error for me. Now I'm enjoying it more when I vape because its not always about the biggest cloud. Thanks to everyone who also responded. I still have to work on things cause I'm no where near perfect with this.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Glad you figured it out. You definitely want to be careful with batteries and not over stress them. Not only for safety sake, but longevity of the battery.

Using an ohm calculator is your friend when it comes to rebuildables. Something like Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator.

If you want to take longer pulls, just bump up the resistance a bit. Using that calculator you can see it wouldn't take much to fall inline with the battery specs. (Probably just an extra wrap or two).

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread