The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nemesis Magnet Upgrade Tip

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by NemesisBliss, Jul 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NemesisBliss

NemesisBliss Full Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Estill Springs, TN
    Simply put....If you bought and used "eBay magnets" to upgrade your Nemesis firing button and were sadly disappointed with sloppy action or firing when placed upright on a table, I have good news for you!

You can use both the factory spring WITH the magnets! The magnets are small enough to fit inside the diameter of the spring so you get the stiffness and throw of the factory spring and the smoothness of the magnetic switch. It took all the "crunchiness" and cheap feeling out of the switch and I'm now happy with the 3 bucks I spent on the 2 magnets.
    Hope this helps guys:toast:

2. AaronY

AaronY Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    Santa Monica
  3. NemesisBliss

NemesisBliss Full Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Estill Springs, TN
    Let me know how it turns out for ya....I've had mine in "hybrid mode":cool:for a week now and had 0 issues with it.

4. kickflipsnnollies

kickflipsnnollies Moved On

Aug 16, 2014
    Everytownville, USA
    I had magnets in my Nemesis clone, but after I tried to fire it one day only to find one of the damn things broken (still don't know why or how), I went back to just the springs.

5. Ms82082

Ms82082 Full Member Verified Member

Had exact same thing happen, so I went back to spring and lubed center post on switch with Teflon lube and now it's smoother than it was with magnets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.