New 18650 Acrylic Tube Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Hoog recently posted that they received some new acrylic stock and that some new tube mods would be available soon. This morning they appeared on the site in orange, red, green and a pink/black marble and like the Goldrush model, take an 18650. After careful scrutinizing the different choices, I ordered a red one. I have one of the original Goldrush Acrylic Tube mods but was never really too keen on the color. I almost ordered a Bolt last night and I'm so glad that I waited! As usual, I'll be stocking the mail person later on this week!

http://www.madvapes.com/Pink-Marble-Acrylic-Tube-Mod_p_3497.html

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
I'm not putting down the Bolt. I think it's a great little mod. I've been meaning to buy one ever since they came out and still plan on getting one the next time I have another $50 to blow on a mod. They are also a little more versatile with the extension. The Acrylic Tube Mods are a different beast. They are all hand made and as a result, each one is unique. Just another cool mod to add to my growing collection!

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
Hoog recently posted that they received some new acrylic stock and that some new tube mods would be available soon. This morning they appeared on the site in orange, red, green and a pink/black marble and like the Goldrush model, take an 18650.

I saw some of these mods at the MV store last week. The wood grain mods are stunningly pretty. More like artwork.

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
I know what you mean. I was considering the pink/black marble acrylic tube mod but just couldn't do it. I opted for the red one which just showed up in the mail box. It's a little fatter than my Goldrush mod and has a nice wood-like grain to it. It's somewhat translucent and has a beefy aluminum (I think) vented end cap. MadVapes' pictures didn't really do it any justice so I attempted to take some better shots. I posted one below...check it out.

SAM_1564.jpg

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
I'm glad I could be of assistance! I have to say, in person, the mod is absolutely stunning. It really does look like wood that has been coated in resin. I've been using it with the 2.8-3.0 Ohm Vision Clearomizers with a single 18650 and it's been hitting like a freight train. I'm almost afraid to try it at six volts until I get an atty or carto that has a little more resistance. One thing I did discover was that the positive battery connection is completely flat (unlike my RoughStack) and won't work with flat top batteries without a small magnet. MadVapes should put a bead of solder on the PCB before installing it (hint, hint).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread