New all ceramic mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jshar

Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Philly Burbs
Thermovape (the company that produced the Alpha Ultra series sold by Innovapor) sent me an email tonight announcing their new APV. It's called the Cera as it is constructed primarily from ceramic.

It seems like the Ultras are discontinued now, and they have made some changes/improvements to the new eliquid atomizer design. The information is a bit vague though and there are no images of the eliquid version yet (just the "botanicals" configuration).

If anyone knows more about this thing, I'd love some details. Otherwise, have fun checking out the unique design and outrageous pre-order prices.

Edit: link wasn't working. The site is thermovape dot com.

Last edited:

Jshar

Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Philly Burbs
This is the part that I'm curious to see:

"Our Cera Liquid Vaporizer now has more than double the capacity of our first generation AVA atomizers. Our new vertically aligned heating element has allowed for the addition of a larger porous ceramic wick. The improved fitment allows the core to be surrounded with this additional ceramic, thus suspending more liquid closer to the heat source for increased extraction."

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC
@Dougiestyle @WNCmotard The $250 and $500 models are for stainless steel and titanium versions, respectively.

Respectively, all the Ceras are that way, and the same price point according to the web site. The only choice you get is the type of cartridge you want (ceramic for loose leaf, or ti or ss for e liquid).

Jshar

Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Philly Burbs
8e23404951ffaf5fde05be57f93f66b6.jpg

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
fugg thermovape.. non standard specs/connections/parts.. thinking they can create an industry on their own and charge insane prices.. they should stick to selling their crap to medical vapers.. you know...

$250 for the stainless steel version that doesn't require rebuildable parts (wire, wick, etc) or "disposable" atomizers or cartomizers? That's well within reason when compared with your standard Genesis Hybrid. I wouldn't call that insane prices. Sure the Titanium version is pricey, but so are most other Titanium PV's.

I will say that with what looks like a smaller amount of actual metal in the PV, that I don't understand why there is such a price difference between the SS and Ti versions. That is a bit of a disappointment.

Jshar

Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Philly Burbs
More than the looks and the price, it's the switches that concern me. According to the site, there's no momentary function. Just a latching bottom button, and the sliding firearm-safety style switch. Unless the new atomizer and feeding system is designed around a constant on state, then this will likely be a serious annoyance.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
$250 for the stainless steel version that doesn't require rebuildable parts (wire, wick, etc) or "disposable" atomizers or cartomizers? That's well within reason when compared with your standard Genesis Hybrid. I wouldn't call that insane prices. Sure the Titanium version is pricey, but so are most other Titanium PV's.

I will say that with what looks like a smaller amount of actual metal in the PV, that I don't understand why there is such a price difference between the SS and Ti versions. That is a bit of a disappointment.

look up the fees for having them rebuild a coil. cost me like a buck maybe.

and titanium is a beoch to machine, very time consuming.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
the cera still not been delivered to anyone? :confused:

Nope,i was thinking of ordering one with my tax money,glad i decided to get a Precise ELA instead.The Cera is too expensive not to mention the price of the heads,caps,etc..I did not want to walk around with a sex toy in my hand.I think i will wait until they decide to make one that actually looks like an ecig MOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread