new and a few questions for the vets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaedinsdad

Verified Member
May 26, 2013
Lincoln, Illinois, United States
Hey all

So I've been doing homework for a couple week's on diy and still have a few questions.
1. When getting nic should i just get the pg based? I'm looking to do a high vg for dripping but I dont want to lose the flavor or throat hit. And should I do the 100% nic since it will get me more for my money
2. Do I include the PG from the nic into the recipe or just act like its not there.
3. I want to have a 30pg/70vg combo will i lose flavor with a higher vg?
4. When doing flavoring how much should I start out adding % wise. Where is the best place to get alot of good different flavors.
5. What sweetner should I use?

Thanks in advance for the help I'm really wanting to start cutting back on my juice money cause i love to try new juice and its starting to cost a good amount of money

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Welcome! Always nice to have a new comer. For starters, youll need the Ejuicemeup calculator. Google should find it easily.

1. It won't matter what base you get because the calculator will do the math for you on final PG/VG ratio and compensate accordingly. I personally use VG or a PG/VG hybrid but its up to you.

2. Yes you include it. Theres a place in the calculator to plug in what base your nic is.

3. I vape 55% VG blends after being an 80% VG guy for a while for wicking reasons. I haven't noticed a flavor difference, although the consensus is that more VG = less flavor.

4. Wizard labs, one stop DIY shop, and ECig express off the top of my head for flavors. The flavors all vary in percentages, read the reviews and always always always start low.

5. EM is popular, although lately I've been using EZSweets diluted 50% with PG so its half strength. I use this at 1 drop per 5 or 10 mls depending on the mix.

Kaedinsdad

Verified Member
May 26, 2013
Lincoln, Illinois, United States
Welcome! Always nice to have a new comer. For starters, youll need the Ejuicemeup calculator. Google should find it easily.

1. It won't matter what base you get because the calculator will do the math for you on final PG/VG ratio and compensate accordingly. I personally use VG or a PG/VG hybrid but its up to you.

2. Yes you include it. Theres a place in the calculator to plug in what base your nic is.

3. I vape 55% VG blends after being an 80% VG guy for a while for wicking reasons. I haven't noticed a flavor difference, although the consensus is that more VG = less flavor.

4. Wizard labs, one stop DIY shop, and ECig express off the top of my head for flavors. The flavors all vary in percentages, read the reviews and always always always start low.

5. EM is popular, although lately I've been using EZSweets diluted 50% with PG so its half strength. I use this at 1 drop per 5 or 10 mls depending on the mix.
Great ty for the info

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
See the sticky in this section on 100mg nic - don't use it if you do not know how to test and handle the stuff and, have the equipment to do so safely.

I do use it, but, I also have a background in shipping and packaging hazardous materials, and I do test every bottle of it I get before using it. Remember nicotine in that concentration is a potentially lethal toxin - be prepared to handle and store it properly or, save yourself the worry and go with a lower nic base, like 50mg/ml.

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
See the sticky in this section on 100mg nic - don't use it if you do not know how to test and handle the stuff and, have the equipment to do so safely.

I do use it, but, I also have a background in shipping and packaging hazardous materials, and I do test every bottle of it I get before using it. Remember nicotine in that concentration is a potentially lethal toxin - be prepared to handle and store it properly or, save yourself the worry and go with a lower nic base, like 50mg/ml.

Good point, I second this. Just go for some 50mg/ml, its easier to work with, less dangerous, and a bit cheaper.

Melee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2010
Alabama, US
www.facebook.com
Ditto on the 50mg/ml. I'm still working off a 250ml bottle I've had a for almost 2 years... I don't pay much attention to expiration dates if there are any, nothing tastes funky thus far. lol

Also, there are several calculators you can use and several have popped up recently in the Google Play store for your Android. I don't have an iphone, but I'm sure they have some as well. I downloaded the first one that came up in the Play store and it's pretty comprehensive. And if you use water/PGA for your VG mix, you can just plug it as a flavor. It works off percentages. Just a suggestion if you're interested in a mobile calculator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread