New and need help with a recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenni0733

Oct 19, 2015
ive been trying to clone cosmic fog church but I can't seem to get it right. This is my first time trying to do any diy myself. I tried the recipes ice seen online and so far, nothing is even remotely close. All the juices I've made have a weird smell to them. Like a sharp smell? Maybe chemical type. I'm using flavors from Capella, tpa, tfa, and flavor west. I've tried doing a quick steep over and over to calm and combine flavors and then just left them sitting for days...no good so far. Help please!!!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hello @Jenni0733 and welcome to the forum.

I have heard a few different methods or recipes for Church. The first I heard was FW Banana Split @ 15%. Then I have this one also.

http://www.lediypourlesnuls.com/cosmic-fog-church/

Banana Cream (TPA) 4
Double Chocolate (CAP) 2.5
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 5
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (FW) 5
Vienna Cream (FA) 1

If you're getting a chemical smell you can leave the cap off the juice overnight in a cabinet. Sometimes letting a juice breathe helps.

Jenni0733

Oct 19, 2015
Hello @Jenni0733 and welcome to the forum.

I have heard a few different methods or recipes for Church. The first I heard was FW Banana Split @ 15%. Then I have this one also.

http://www.lediypourlesnuls.com/cosmic-fog-church/

Banana Cream (TPA) 4
Double Chocolate (CAP) 2.5
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 5
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (FW) 5
Vienna Cream (FA) 1

If you're getting a chemical smell you can leave the cap off the juice overnight in a cabinet. Sometimes letting a juice breathe helps.
I tried that recipe..not even remotely close!! That's what I tried first. I'm going to get the banana split and see if it's closer. What I taste in church is a very creamy vanilla, dominant chocolate, banana, and maybe a hint of pineapple?? Marshmallow smells like one of the tones I get from it as well. Also at a 70/30 vg/pg mix, it wasn't even close to as sweet as church is. And I'd really like to thin the recipe so it doesn't burn through atomizers so fast. I only get about a week out of one now.
Also, when I add nicotine, it gets super harsh. And I only vape 6%! That's a whole other subject I don't understand is adding nicotine. But I had my brother add it all up for me so I could make sure I get it right since he has more experience with diy.
I've also let the juices steep with quick steep and just sitting...they never seem to lose that chemical smell...

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Have you tried Smooth TFA,will calm down the chemically taste.
Ethyl Maltol is a good sweetner often used instead of another flavor.
Add about 2% smooth to solution. Diffuse in warm water 130°/ 1 hour. Repeat up to 8%. This process should at least save 'skunk' mixes.
Don't bother with recipes, too many variables. Use the flavors your way. A dead match is close to impossible. Happy mixing..

Reactions: Jenni0733

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Haven't used or heard about this one before.

If I was trying to do it going by the description, I would experiment with.

5% vanilla bean gelato TFA or similar vanilla ice-cream.
3% Chocolate - Dark chocolate would be good if you can find one.
3% Cream - sweetish cream
2% brown sugar
2% banana - Just a straight banana

says its 50/50 vg-pg

You don't know what flavourings or percentage these companies are using so never really going to get an exact match.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Ok so I put 6% nicotine in it and that's the overpowering flavor...why is the nicotine so strong???? I normally vape 6% and never taste it.
The only things I can guess is you're not putting the correct numbers in the recipe, the nicotine is stronger than what you believe you are using, or the quality of nicotine is horrible.

You could try making the recipe without the nicotine to see how it finishes. Put zero's in the sections for nicotine, strength and final target. OR

In the juice calculator it has the top row for adding the nicotine. If you're using 100 mg in a pg base you would input 100 PG and 100 MG strength. If you're using a 48 mg nicotine in a 50 /50 you put 50 pg, 50 vg and 48 mg as the strength.

In the next row you input the TARGET nic you desire in the finished product.

The next row is how many ml you want to make of finished juice.

After you put all the ingredients of the recipe click the "calculate" and all the math is done for you.

Jenni0733

Oct 19, 2015

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I can input stuff in that and it works out right. My question is how the nicotine is so strong at just 6mg
What strength is your nic base? I have seen on a rare occasion where someone has gotten a stronger nic base that what they thought they had. It's like if you "have" 48 mg nic and what is really in the bottle is 100 mg nic.

OldSalt

Dec 16, 2010
canada
Make a small batch, without the nicotine. Use PG/VG in the same proportions as your nicotine base instead. I start with 1ml batches to see if I'm on track, then 10ml for a full blown test. When you get the flavour you want, then start adding nicotine. Keep good notes on what you do so you can reproduce what you get right.

You must shake your nicotine base well before using it. The concentration could be higher or lower than expected if it was not well mixed by the distributor. Do you have a nicotine test kit so you can check it?

Jenni0733

Oct 19, 2015
I
Make a small batch, without the nicotine. Use PG/VG in the same proportions as your nicotine base instead. I start with 1ml batches to see if I'm on track, then 10ml for a full blown test. When you get the flavour you want, then start adding nicotine. Keep good notes on what you do so you can reproduce what you get right.

You must shake your nicotine base well before using it. The concentration could be higher or lower than expected if it was not well mixed by the distributor. Do you have a nicotine test kit so you can check it?
I do not have a test kit. My brother suggested that maybe I got a low quality nicotine, so I'll try getting a different brand and see if that helps. I'm also going to try the smooth and see what happens with that.

Jenni0733

Oct 19, 2015
howdy! and welcome!

yah - if the nic flavor is that overwhelming, i would question 1) actual strength of nic base, 2) have you noticed similar effect in any other mixes with same nic, 3) brand/ age of nic base
I just started the diy juice, so this is my first time trying anything. I don't have anything to compare it to other than the premade juices I've been vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread