New and really need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagie

Oct 15, 2015
Okay so i'm extremely new to vaping(like, yesterday) and theres a lot i dont really understand yet. Anyways I bought a Buck Naked Express vape pen the last one at my shop, used it for an hour and the coil came loose or something and it stopped working. I ended up getting it fixed for like 3 minutes and now its not working at all. So i went back to my shop (they know like nothing about vapes) and since im friendly with em they gave me a new vape but it was a 5$ cheaper one cause they had none left, The buck naked Escape. Anyways I was really dumb and tried to rig up my express and took the 650 mah battery, and bought a clearomizer to put on it (dumb i know, but i cant afford a mod). i didnt know what one to buy Its a Atmos XK Mega and it didnt even say the ohms or anything, its just a standard single coil bottom feed. Anyways it works but barely produces any vapor, my horrible stock top feed clearomizer that came with the escape works better (it fits on the express too). So what do i do? lol

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
are you using high VG eliquid? probably use 50% PG / 50% VG or lower VG for best results. I googled the Atmos XK mega and it does not list resistance and only has one replacement coil/atomizer option...
If they are available an Evod atomizer will work pretty well. a 2.2 ohm coil if available. the Evod tanks are decent starter gear.

Sorry I cannot be more help...

Gagie

Oct 15, 2015
Thank you for trying to help man I guess just a bad purchase on my side. My local smoke shop has only ever sold pipes and smoke product they just got into vaping and dont know any more than I do. All the other brands they stock are like kangertech and some supposedly good ones I assumed it would be good. What mod do you think would be good for it and for a better one in the future? I just need to get some money

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I still have the escape I can use in the mean time although like I said I broke the superior model In like 2 hours somehow. Also burnt the wick its top feed I didn't know lol

What flavor is it, that you're vaping? If you really want to vape and that hardware isn't cooperating, you might try some of the disposable e-cigs; they're not great, but if it's a basic tobacco flavor, they might work well enough until you can find something decent for a decent price online. The Njoy disposable has pretty good throat hit, I thought, and that's really important to me. I've also heard that for disposables, the Mark10s aren't too bad.

Don't give up! It gets so much better, but it can be kind of a pain to get started. Hang in there!

And welcome to ECF!! Best vaping place online, with the best people! :thumb:

Andria

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Okay so i'm extremely new to vaping(like, yesterday) and theres a lot i dont really understand yet. Anyways I bought a Buck Naked Express vape pen the last one at my shop, used it for an hour and the coil came loose or something and it stopped working. I ended up getting it fixed for like 3 minutes and now its not working at all. So i went back to my shop (they know like nothing about vapes) and since im friendly with em they gave me a new vape but it was a 5$ cheaper one cause they had none left, The buck naked Escape. Anyways I was really dumb and tried to rig up my express and took the 650 mah battery, and bought a clearomizer to put on it (dumb i know, but i cant afford a mod). i didnt know what one to buy Its a Atmos XK Mega and it didnt even say the ohms or anything, its just a standard single coil bottom feed. Anyways it works but barely produces any vapor, my horrible stock top feed clearomizer that came with the escape works better (it fits on the express too). So what do i do? lol

As @Robert Cromwell posted, if your battery looks like this
Ego-T%20650mah%20batt-500x500.jpg

or this

images

Then an Evod Tank will work on the battery, the second image is of the Evod battery, most of these are pretty standard with an Ego Cone Threading, the larger outer threading, and a 510 threading the smaller inner threading, with these 2 threadings the Ego class can accomodate many tank systems, and with a cone beauty ring, larger diameter tanks like the Kanger Protanks and Aspire Nautilus, the Nautilus Mini would transition and look more asthetic compared to the bigger Nautilus.

Here is an Evod and an Evod2 tank (Evod 2 is generally glass internally)

Evod 1
2040.jpg

Evod 2
KR-EV2-3.jpg

Nautilus Mini which will come with a beauty ring in the box no need to buy one
2-14062H14101b6.jpg

Save up your money, I'd suggest the Nautilus if you are tight on money go the Evod then, but getting the Nautilus now there is a method to the madness, once you can get about $30USD or so saved, the Nautilus Mini combined with an Eleaf iStick Mini, iStick30, or iStick40TC, especially the 30 and 40TC are a beautiful combination to get going, and plenty of expansion available with the 30 and 40TC, around 12 to 16watts the Nautilus is a beauty of a flavorful vape with plenty of airflow options

Evod1 about $4 to 6USD
Evod2 about $8 to 10USD
Nautilus Mini can be found for about $20USD
iStick Mini about $20USD or so (its only 11watts though)
iStick 30watt about $30 to 40USD
iStick 40watt TC about the same price as the 30watt.

About $50ish USD will get you a reliable and great vape

g/l

any questions or problems drop back by, always someone around that can help or reply within a short time to help =)

Mr. Miyagi

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
There are a lot of online shops that sell EGO type batteries for really cheap, like... as in... under 10$
and starter kits for 15 bucks if you can buy online. those are the most common types of beginner setups.
Those same sites also sell tons of clones... of mods. places like Fasttech focalecig, etc

you want soemthing reliable to start you off

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.

Ok, I believe this is your vape pen:
BuckNakedExpress_01.png

Now, to put it into "vape lingo", you have a 650MaH ego battery with a standard clearomizer. This is the type of setup that a lot of users begin with. Their strong points are they're cheap and small. They're not known for making the biggest clouds, but for some, it's enough. From an expert standpoint looking at the device, It's a bit below what I would call a good starter unit. Chances are, you've paid too much for it. But guess what.. most of us have been in your shoes.

These are not known for producing the best vapor, and they're quite limited in battery life and vapor production. I wouldn't put much money into the device. The atomizer is about a 2 year old technology, Since then, they have come out with a lot more items that work better.

When using these, make sure you do not over tighten the atomizer. Chances are, it's got a fixed center pin. The battery can take both an EGO style (like the top coil atomer you got with the pen), or a standard 510 connector. The atomizer you bought doesn't list ANYTHING abot the ohms resistance. Chances are, it has wire that's too thick for that battery to handle. A good replacement is a diffeent tank.. lookf or a kanger protank or aerotank

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
they gave me a new vape but it was a 5$ cheaper one cause they had none left, The buck naked Escape.

Here is your battery, right? Neal B Jr. steered ya right. Hopefully it has a standard ego or 510 connector, meaning you can use any clearomizer you want on it:

http://www.bucknakedecigs.com/buck-naked-escape-starter-kit

Basically, a little rebranded kanger evod battery type with a standard ego clearomizer on it.

Your express is basically also just an standard ego battery, except it is VV or variable voltage, meanning you can adjust the voltage up and down.

Both batteries should take any kind of single coil clearomizer you want to put on there, kanger evod, kanger protank mini, Smok ARO, Kanger T3S, and the ones made by Aspire which I'm not real familiar with. I don't think your battery can take a dual coil and provide a decent vape.

In future try to stick with more common brands of things, because it makes shopping easier for a newbie. Atmos clearomizer I'm sure is fine but not a really common brand. Learn how to take apart and use your clearmizer. You tube has videos, and the exploded views Neal provided should help you. Make sure coil is screwed in tight, etc. and stick with 1.8ohm and 2.2ohm coils.

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
A beginner who has questions about vaping should have evod sets (Double everything) because 1st rule of vaping is having spares.
Others who believes vaping is better than smoking should have a taifun gt2 or subtank mini together with a claupor mini, 2 pcs 18350 batteries, 0.32 kenthal wire and organic cotton. and a charger.
Now the second choice seems confusing but when you watch youtube videos about them everything becomes all right. If you still consider confusing after watching videos, then go to first choice and these will be a nice spare for future choice of the second.

EnglishVaperKP

Oct 8, 2015
I have recently come of the starter pack, I was using a ego CE4. I was using it to just get to grips with vaping and also knowing how everything works. I then had a look around and did some research to have a look at things that would be beneficial to me. I then got my hands on a Eleaf istick 30W and nautilus mini using 1.8ohm coil and using suicide bunny juice. The Eleaf is great, the battery is perfect for me, nice and snug in your hand, built very good and also has some nice clicky buttons. Now nautilus mini is a great start. 4 different types of airflow, coil at the bottom, looks very nice, comes with a spare coil and a beauty ring. To me it's a perfect set up. Have a research on them two and see what you think. I hope this helps @Gagie . Also welcome to ECF. Great forum and you will get plenty of help. Vape vape vape.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the original single coil Evod tank and the newer dual coil Evod 2 tank are both plastic. The Evod Glass, however, is a glass tank and looks exactly like the Evod 2. It uses the same dual coils as the Evod 2.

My daughter and I have been using Evod Glass since around April, 2014. Up until last month, we were using a workaround so that we could use the Evod Glass with Kanger single coils. Last month, we started using the dual coils, and are very happy with them. Our battery life has not diminished by very much, and we are really enjoying the flavor that we are getting from the dual coils. We are still using the Evod 650 mah batteries that came with our original Evod starter kits. We both prefer sweeter eliquids, along with bakery flavors and custards. We have found that we can use eliquids up to 70 vg/30 pg without any major issues. Due to the types of flavors that we prefer, we may have to change coils a bit more often than other users, but we do get a very satisfactory vape from our Evods.

Please note that my daughter and I quit smoking almost 10 years ago, cold turkey, and started vaping almost 4 years ago when stress and cravings were starting to make us seriously think about smoking again. We have been very successful using ecigs as a means to keep us cigarette-free with fairly basic equipment. If you are trying to quit smoking, this type of setup will give you an introduction to vaping, and may give you a better indication of whether vaping will help you to quit.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
There are a lot of online shops that sell EGO type batteries for really cheap, like... as in... under 10$
and starter kits for 15 bucks if you can buy online. those are the most common types of beginner setups.
Those same sites also sell tons of clones... of mods. places like Fasttech focalecig, etc

you want soemthing reliable to start you off

Myfreedomsmokes dot com sells cheap ego style starter kits. they have an evod style one I have bought several of for about $10. Get some extra coils too.

Gagie

Oct 15, 2015
Hi sorry for the late reply. The express battery is not variable voltage as far as i know, no dials on it. The atmos clearomizer is working decent now after I tried it more than once lol, But it leaks a lot I don't think the seal is good. not out of the mouthpiece but the where the tank threads onto the coil piece. I'm vaping 50/50 jjuice and was gonna try some max VG e liquid today. I might just save up and get a decent mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread