New and Wanted To Say Hi :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venusjade

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
Orlando
Hello Everyone!

I've recently ordered my first e-cig starter kit and am eagerly anticipating getting it. I'm nervous but very excited. The whole things seems very intimidating but seems like the best option for me to cut back on/quit smoking.

I'm a 19 year smoker and started when I was 15. I have never really been a particular "type" of smoker meaning I will smoke anything in front of me. Reds, mediums, lights, menthol... I don't really care, as long as I get my nicotine. Only thing I'm particular about is the hit. 100's I generally can't get a good hit on so I always cut the filter in half. So this e-cig thing makes me a wee bit nervous because from what I've been reading, I need to take slow, steady hits which to me is sort of the same as 100's. I guess more accurately, LONG hits. But I'm sure I'll adjust.

My worry is my mother whom I take care of and can't really live on her own. I ordered this kit for her and I to try. I wanted it because I'm sick of smelling nasty and over the way my chest feels not to mention the smell of smoke when I get out of the shower. Even though I don't smoke in the house, that smell clings to everything. Not to mention I have the most sensitive nose on the planet. Anyways, I digress. For my mother this is more of a thing to get her through those moments when she doesn't feel like getting in her wheelchair to get outside to have a cigarette particularly in the winter. She's VERY sensitive to the cold.

I tried to order something that seemed like the best possible starter for a newbie with the least amount of fuss but didn't stray too far from that smoking "feel". I ordered from cigeasy.com. I ordered THE EASY MAX STARTER KIT- KR808D-1. Along with that I ordered a manual battery to go with it since I read the two that come with this kit are auto and wanted to try both. I also ordered and extra pack of pre-filled cartomizers and an extra bottle of juice. I went with the pre-filled option for the no mess, no fuss especially since the price was so good. A dollar more to be filled for me? YES PLEASE! I'm scared of filling them myself after reading everything about overfills but am willing to try. Having the pass-through in the kit seemed like a no brainer for me seeing as I'm at my comp a lot and, again, hearing the stories of bad batts and such, wanted a back up, just in case.

I am hoping and praying everything goes well, that I enjoy the flavors, nothing is TOO much a pain in the booty and that it goes well for my mother just to make her days a bit easier.

Hoping I made the right decision on the place to buy from and items I bought. Fingers crossed!

tat2d4life

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
somewhere NY
Welcome to ECF

it is overwhelming confusing intimidating when anybody takes their first steps with vaping.. you did well with all of your choices with equipment..you also should be congratulated for making a healthier choice for you and your mother ..I think we have all said in the beginning that filling our own juices was to complicated, but the nature of the beast is it starts to become a less scary and cheaper alternative ..Using the manual battery and a pass thru will seem really odd at first, but you might actually like it ... I wish you and your mother the best on your vaping journeys :)

Welcome to ecf and heres to hoping you and your mom easily transition over to vaping. It's amazing just how quickly your lungs and body start feeling better.

When you get your pv remember to inhale to your mouth first, then to your lungs, not to inhale straight to your lungs like a tobacco cig. Oh and, if you don't feel like you are getting enough hit, there are lots of ways to get more, so hang in there.

Wingapo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Taos, NM
Welcome to the wonderful world of the ECF! You picked a fine bit of kit to get started with. Don't worry about the filling as the worst thing that can happen is some juice drips out the bottom of your cartomizer and you have to wipe it up with a bit of paper towel or tissue. Just remember napkins are your friends. When you get your kit and give it a go you'll quickly be able to figure out how it works and how to get the feelings you're used to smoking. It's not the same thing but it's close enough at first that it got all of the rest of us here on the ECF hooked. After you vape your kit a bit then you'll begin to understand all the other stuff we love to talk about here. Everyone is more than willing to help out with questions and suggestions so just ask if you need to. Good luck on your new journey.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Welcome and everybody goes through that first intimidation thing. You ordered a good ecig to start with however the automatics you'll find don't let you puff long enough. Another thing you have to remember is it isn't smoking and the 2 are different. After I took my first puff on one I was so let down and ready to toss it but with the help of the members here I kept going and in no time got to like it. Now I couldn't emagine smoking a stinky. So give it a chance and soon you'll be a pro at it in no time. If you have any problems just ask and someone will help you or PM me and I will. Good luck to you and mom. You made aq very wise choice.

Venusjade

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
Orlando
Thanks you everyone for the warm welcome! :D

I do imagine that I will be upgrading and buying stuff with more oomph and life but wanted to start at the basics with something that seemed like the easiest and least intimidating choice for my mother. I had read all the things about manual vs auto which is why I ordered a manual batt but definitely wanted the auto option as a "might as well try" type of thing. Autos scare me for many reasons. I've read many people that have autos are more likely to suck the juice through them but maybe it just because of the primer puffing or hitting it too hard. Not sure. I hear they die faster which would drive me insane (and my mother even more).

Speaking of batteries, I'm always hearing batteries lasting 1 hour, 2 hours, all day, 2 days, etc. Now is that based on how often you vape it or just the charge it holds. So say I vape it for 20 minutes per hour, will it still die out after so long even if not in use? I would assume no but, again, not sure.

tat2d4life

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
somewhere NY
smaller batteries for a moderate vapor will last about and hour-2 hours, but the charge only weens off as you use it... they can stay charged for months if not used... you might want to look into a pcc or portable charging case if you go out and about and can't charge your batteries... simple is always the best way to start new... I often relate it to buying a car when people are just learning to drive... would you buy a really expensive car to learn how to drive in??? :)

Venusjade

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
Orlando
Most everything I do is from home so I don't have a significant need for something like that but I'm sure I'll get one anyways for those "just in case" moments.

Something that I found kind of funny and brought a tear to my eye (I know, I know... women) was after searching and searching and reading and looking around at, what had to be, 100 different sites if not many more, was that the site I decided to finally settle on and could finally get that comfortable and ready to buy feeling is a place JUST outside the city I grew up in. Made me all sentimental. I'm really hoping I made the right choice.

Sophey

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
You know how people always say "there is no dumb question" and mean it until you ask one in a forum? Well, that doesn't happen here. Everyone (from new ECF members to those with years of vaping knowledge) is eager to answer any question and to offer encouragement. As a newcomer myself, I am really excited for you and your mom because I know that you are in the right place to begin this wonderful new chapter of life. Soon, you will locate your perfect liquids and PVs, and you will never have to smell stinky or brave winter weather for a nic fix again!
Vaping rocks!:toast:

DJAndrada

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Welcome!!!! This is a good place to ask anything and everything relating to e-cigs

First off you have made the most important decision of all which is to quit smoking. That alone is half the battle.
Secondly, you have done something about it.

It will be hard at first but will eventually get easier!!! I was in your shoes no more than a couple of months ago but as I read through forums and came across the different stories of other people it made me stick with it. Youre not alone with this battle of quitting there are others out there.
Keep using this forum for info or even just for a support system. Ive made good friends and contacts here, and Im sure you will too!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Venusjade

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
Orlando
Thank you again for the warm welcome!

I am very optimistic about this. I highly doubt my mother will quit smoking so having the availability of analogs around the house might be a bit tough but I'm sure I'll be fine. One thing I've said is to keep lighters away from me so I don't wake up groggy, grab the lighter and try to light my e-cig out of habit! What a bad day that would be.

My tracking says my order should be here by the 25th. I'm very excited but seeing as how it didn't say anything about them being ready to go out of the box, I'm most likely looking at charging times as well so I'm not expecting to be able to use them until Friday. Oh, the torture! :p

Sophey

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
One thing I've said is to keep lighters away from me so I don't wake up groggy, grab the lighter and try to light my e-cig out of habit! What a bad day that would be.

LOL -- hide that lighter!

Actually, you might find having the analogs around makes it even easier to give them up for good. My SO smokes, so during the early weeks, I occasionally followed him outside just so I could inhale his smoke while dragging on my PV. That probably sounds counter-intuitive, but it worked for me. Plus, if you really, really want an analog, there's no law that says you can't have it. The irony is that pretty soon analogs just start to taste really awful, and you discover you'd rather just vape your nicotine. When your mom sees that happen to you, she's bound to become a bit curious, so the whole thing is really win-win.

Two more days! Exciting!

Wingapo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Taos, NM
Venusjade, the one thing about batteries is the higher the number on them the bigger they are and the longer you can suck em'. My next battery will be nuclear power plant with a ten foot tall KR808 stuck to it so I can vape myself silly for the next 10,000 years. Best of luck in your new venture and we're all here to help insure that you become just as hooked as the rest of us, if you choose do follow this path.

yo yo

Moved On
Aug 23, 2011
CHINA
www.health007.net
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Venusjade

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
Orlando
OMG OMG! I just checked the tracking and it arrived to Orlando today and is suppose to be delivered TODAY!! I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. I'm just hoping the same thing doesn't happen to me that was told happened to another guy today anticipating his delivering. Mimes put an invisible box around the post office. Oh the horror! :p So excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread