New: Anodized vamos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relaxed5311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Des Moines, IA, USA
They have the black, purple, pink, and red in stock. I had to pick up a few (1xblack, 1xpink, 1xpurple) to see how well built they are. Should be interesting as it would an aluminum Vamo. I am pretty sure you can not anodize brass.

I have friends that have been wanting Vamo's and I am sure the girlfriend would like a color rather than stainless steal to go with her bella tank. I will take pictures when I receive them. I could not find much info, I am guessing it is the version 2, would be nice if they have the version 3 screen.

Relaxed5311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Des Moines, IA, USA
They are aluminum I got them Saturday. So far seems okay. I am having some odd firing issues but if I put the same battery In my other vamo that's the black chrome it fires just fine.

Its got me perplexed right now. Its not giving me a low bat message at all. And I have to take the battery out and put it back in for the aluminum one to function again or unscrew the battery cap then screw it back on.

I need to read up on the spring issue that plagued the vamo in the past. The spring is silver but it is the same size as the brass one in my black chrome vamo.

sent using Tapatalk

Relaxed5311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Des Moines, IA, USA
I think I have solved the 02 error issues, It appears it may have been a battery issue. I was using 123a's that were protected, and since switching to IMR 18350's that are unprotected the issue has gone away.

Although I also wobbled the body some and pushed it together like others had mentioned to fix this error and I did hear a metal popping noise.

sweet tea

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2013
Lexington, NC, USA
I've had my Pink one for about 2 months now. No wear on the finish at all. I have a couple of very small scratches on it but that was my fault.

image.jpg

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ
I just got my red anodized vamo yesterday and the first thing I noticed was that the connector is flush with the top. When screwed on fully I get no air from either my Vivi novas or my protanks. I love the look and the lightness of it but am not enjoying having to use a 510 to 510 connector to vape. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk now Free

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Crazyinariz

Well known fact about the Vamo is that many tanks do not breathe well when affixed to the Vamo. Get and Air Controller to protect your threads as well as being able to adjust the air flow on tanks. A Vamo necessity as far as I am concerned.

The Wabbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread