Status
Not open for further replies.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Don't flog me if this has been posted -- I did not see it,

I use 25R's. Just ordered some from the 18650batterystore and rec'd an email with 25S.

other than a CDR of 20 vs 25 with the 25S what are the differences for the layperson (me)

are they better?

does the ecf recommend these batteries?

Samsung 25S 18650 2500mAh 25A Battery - INR18650-25S

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
OK I read it and tried to digest it all. Should I switch from 25R to 25S? I vape 18 to 25 watts .5 to .8 resistance. What would be the advantage --in your opinion.
Are you dissatisfied with your 25R cells? In your application, I don't think you'd see much difference between a new 25R and a new 25S. In fact, it might make more sense for you to buy 30Q cells instead.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Are you dissatisfied with your 25R cells? In your application, I don't think you'd see much difference between a new 25R and a new 25S. In fact, it might make more sense for you to buy 30Q cells instead.
I am fine. Just was curious as always. I do change my battery frequently in my mod but I think that is just the way it goes for the amount I vape and because I use a single battery mod. Not a huge deal. I carry 4 batteries. I also have a 3 battery mod that I use for testing new tanks (so I do not destroy my toptank mini box) and the battery life in that is just incredible - it lasts a full long day. Thank-you. I had considered the 30Q as well but stuck with the 25R.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I would say the 25S is for the mech vaper looking for more CDR, or the regulated vaper looking for a battery to handle higher wattages better. I agree with Rossum and say you probably won't see much of a difference with your vaping style.
Mooch rates them at 20A. I wouldn't use that on a mech mod, up to my knowledge. I'd stick to 30Q or 25R

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Mooch rates them at 20A. I wouldn't use that on a mech mod,
up to my knowledge. I'd stick to 30Q or 25R
Your right, I misread and thought it said 25a.

Edit- @Susaz I reread mooch's post and I was correct, he did rate it at 25a. I thought I read it right the first time...

Last edited:
Reactions: Susaz

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I am fine. Just was curious as always. I do change my battery frequently in my mod but I think that is just the way it goes for the amount I vape and because I use a single battery mod. Not a huge deal. I carry 4 batteries.
I'm somewhat surprised that you need 3 or 4 batteries to get through a day at 18-25 watts. If you don't mind me asking, how much juice do you go through in a day?

• Agree
Reactions: ppeeble

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    OK I read it and tried to digest it all. Should I switch from 25R to 25S? I vape 18 to 25 watts .5 to .8 resistance. What would be the advantage --in your opinion.
    When vaping at low wattage (10-40w) it's best to get a battery with more Mah as they'll simply last longer. The Samsung 30Q is excellent in that regard. 3000mah (15A) compared to the 25S 2500mah (35A). When you need more power to blow huge clouds or just general DTL vaping (50w+) then you'll need a battery with more amp output because they won't have the same voltage sag as the lesser amp batteries, and they'll last longer than low amp batteries.

To break it down;
    Low wattage: Go with higher mah and lower amp (but don't go below 15A) - Go with 30Q, HG2, VTC 6.
    High wattage: Go with higher amps and lower mah. - Go with R25, S25, HE2, VTC 5A.
    If you vape using a regulated device: Your coil ohm (resistance) does not matter at all.

Oh and please do not buy the "4500 mah, 50A" batteries such as Efest. They just rewrap and put magical numbers on there.

Last edited:
    • Informative
    Reactions: chellie

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I am curious - this is a legitimate question - does dropping to that low of a CDR not affect the function of the mod in some way?

Most manufacturers say things like "use a battery with a minimum of 20a" and in some of the newer cases I've even seen suggested 25a.

I'm just wondering with these new boards if having a higher rating is needed...

I know with Provari they actually made the board and designed it to go with specific batteries.
    wondering if manufacturers are still doing that, or if it truly doesn't matter..?

Reactions: vBDKv

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    I am curious - this is a legitimate question - does dropping to that low of a CDR not affect the function of the mod in some way?

Most manufacturers say things like "use a battery with a minimum of 20 CDR" and in some of the newer cases I've even seen suggested 25..

I'm just wondering with lights and boards and such if having a higher rating is needed...

I know with Provari they actually made the board and designed it to go with specific batteries.. wondering if manufacturers are still doing that, or if it truly doesn't matter..?
    No, they simply assume that you'll use the mod at it's maximum rated output and advice you to use that sort of battery for safety and longevity reasons. It's actually a good advice. However if you only vape at 20-40w, then it doesn't apply to you specifically :) You'll get a lot longer vape time out of a high mah battery when vaping at low wattage. The chip inside the mod also requires a certain voltage to function, I believe it's 2.8v before it shuts off.

And no, specific branded batteries are a load bs. It's most likely a deal they made with the rewrappers to sell more batteries.

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    When vaping at low wattage (10-40w) it's best to get a battery with more Mah as they'll simply last longer. The Samsung 30Q is excellent in that regard. 3000mah (15A) compared to the 25S 2500mah (35A). When you need more power to blow huge clouds or just general DTL vaping (50w+) then you'll need a battery with more amp output because they won't have the same voltage sag as the lesser amp batteries, and they'll last longer than low amp batteries.

To break it down;
    Low wattage: Go with higher mah and lower amp (but don't go below 15A) - Go with 30Q, HG2, VTC 6.
    High wattage: Go with higher amps and lower mah. - Go with R25, S25, HE2, VTC 5A.
    If you vape using a regulated device: Your coil ohm (resistance) does not matter at all.

Oh and please do not buy the "4500 mah, 50A" batteries such as Efest. They just rewrap and put magical numbers on there.
    Thanks a lot. I only buy samsung and I only use the supplier I found here 18650battery. I stay away from Efest batteries and chargers. I also say away from SMOK boxes. Thanks again.

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I'm somewhat surprised that you need 3 or 4 batteries to get through a day at 18-25 watts. If you don't mind me asking, how much juice do you go through in a day?
    A lot. I have tried to get an idea - maybe 15 to 20. And I run 1 to 2 boxes. I have been having very long days lately because after a normal day I've been taking care of someone so lately VERY little sleep so my days are 18-19 hours. Also, I do not run the batteries completely out. And I have been chain vaping. Hopefully, it is only temporary....

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada

I vape between 14 - 45 watts, but ~98% of the time 14 - 16. I've been using 25R for the last few years until a few months ago when I bought a bunch of 30Q's to replace the 'old' cells.

I don't see a lot of difference between them in use, even considering the old vs new cell issue. I have not tried counting drags, or any other way of comparing the new batteries vs the old.

BTW, the resistance is irrelevant, this stuff is all about the watts :)

Last edited:

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I vape between 14 - 45 watts, but ~98% of the time 14 - 16. I've been using 25R for the last few years until a few months ago when I bought a bunch of 30Q's to replace the 'old' cells.

I don't see a lot of difference between them in use, even considering the old vs new old cell issue. I have not tried counting drags, or any other way of comparing the new batteries vs the old.

BTW, the resistance is irrelevant, this stuff is all about the watts :)
    Thanks. I just purchased some 25R's so I will stick with them for a while at least.

Reactions: Ryedan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread