New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZenZephyr, Have you considered using the (Edit;Delete Recipe) function for the obsolete recipes?
I have thought about deleting but I ultimately want to save all of the versions because they can be useful if I ever need to go back and figure out why I used a particular ingredient or look at different avenues I tried but didn't work. This is especially useful for future recipes utilizing the some of the same ingredients.
Another option besides deleting is to use the "FileMaintenance". When the calculator installed it should have added a second icon called "FileMaintenance", also can be found in "All Programs->JuiceCalculator->FileMaintenance".
Launch it and open the juice file that you want to remove recipes from on the top of the window.
On the bottom of the window you can either open another juice file or start with a new file (the default).
Left click and drag recipes from the top window to the bottom window. Also you can right click drag and be prompted to move or copy.
On the bottom window click "Save" or "Save as" and provide a new name such as "Older recipe versions".

When you move/copy recipes, the ingredients will also copy. If moving, the ingredient(s) will only be removed from the original file if they are no longer referenced by other recipes. With this application you can also copy/move individual ingredients.
Ok, this makes sense that cleaning up the working copy will speed up the program. I will try and see how that works. Thank you for the replies guys! There is no other program out there that even comes remotely close in usability or the power to track and tweak any aspect of a recipe. It's truly amazing and I can't thank you enough for building it HotRod19579 !!!

Reactions: IDJoel

Tyler Smith

Sep 5, 2016
You can use the free VirtualBox and a free copy of Windows 10 by following the instructions here.

After googling some problems I was having like it freezing up, and figuring out what setting to change to get it to work, it works like a charm. I appreciate you so much. I finally got Windows running on my MAC after a long time of trying. You're amazing.

Spazzer

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Upstate NY
After googling some problems I was having like it freezing up, and figuring out what setting to change to get it to work, it works like a charm. I appreciate you so much. I finally got Windows running on my MAC after a long time of trying. You're amazing.

Glad I could help!

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I have a question about the program though. I was using it last night setting it all up. The VG / PG must equal 100%. This isn't correct because if they equal 100% then there's no room for flavor. Or am I seeing this wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which menu window are you referring to? The main recipe window or the ingredient menu? The recipe window will take into account all of the ingredients pg/vg/other ratios to make sure the recipe totals up properly for your desired pg/vg ratio and pg/vg precedence. The nic I am using is 50/50 and some of my flavors are alcohol based and I have had no issues.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
@HotRod19579 I am having an issue where some new flavors I added manually, that I set to vendor = None, that I can see in the Ingredients list are not showing up in the Select Flavor window. I haven't checked them all to see how many are missing from the ones I added yesterday but I was trying to add Apple Pie (RF VG) and can't:

Edit: It seems to just be the 3 from Real Flavors I named (RF VG) with the space inside the parentheses but the ones from RF I named (RF Raw) show up fine.

Edit2: I also can't click the 'Rename' button in the Ingredients menu. I tried renaming them in the Ingredient Editor which took but I still can't select those flavors for a recipe or click the Rename button in the Ingredient window.

tJx0aA4.png

bcwEqGt.png

Last edited:

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
@HotRod19579 I am having an issue where some new flavors I added manually, that I set to vendor = None, that I can see in the Ingredients list are not showing up in the Select Flavor window. I haven't checked them all to see how many are missing from the ones I added yesterday but I was trying to add Apple Pie (RF VG) and can't:

Edit: It seems to just be the 3 from Real Flavors I named (RF VG) with the space inside the parentheses but the ones from RF I named (RF Raw) show up fine.

Edit2: I also can't click the 'Rename' button in the Ingredients menu. I tried renaming them in the Ingredient Editor which took but I still can't select those flavors for a recipe or click the Rename button in the Ingredient window.
By any chance do you have those ingredients defined as PG or VG ingredients in the ingredient window? That would prevent them from showing in the recipe dropdown for flavor ingredients however they should show in the PG or VG dropdown. Can you check that and see if that is the problem.

As far as the "Rename" button on the ingredient window; originally the calculator would only allow 1 PG ingredient and 1 VG ingredient which I later changed. It appears that I did not remove the restriction of allowing them to be renamed. I will look into this.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
By any chance do you have those ingredients defined as PG or VG ingredients in the ingredient window? That would prevent them from showing in the recipe dropdown for flavor ingredients however they should show in the PG or VG dropdown. Can you check that and see if that is the problem.

As far as the "Rename" button on the ingredient window; originally the calculator would only allow 1 PG ingredient and 1 VG ingredient which I later changed. It appears that I did not remove the restriction of allowing them to be renamed. I will look into this.

Yes, I see I need to define them as a flavor instead, gotcha, thanks.

They are 100% VG Flavors - VG Flavors

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Yes, I see I need to define them as a flavor instead, gotcha, thanks.

They are 100% VG Flavors - VG Flavors
Hi Fozzy, this is probably a needless comment, but did you see that you can set your flavors to any PG/VG ratio you want? I discovered this when I was trying to figure out what to do with my One Stop DIY flavor blends that used mixed PG/VG bases.
upload_2016-9-6_0-57-58.png

Reactions: Fozzy71

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
......discovered this when I was trying to figure out what to do with my One Stop DIY flavor blends that used mixed PG/VG bases.

Where did you find this info? I don't see it mentioned on their site and the first one I checked on the recipe site doesn't have details. I just ordered a few of these and assumed they were PG.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Where did you find this info? I don't see it mentioned on their site and the first one I checked on the recipe site doesn't have details. I just ordered a few of these and assumed they were PG.
So far, I only see them doing it for their "One Stop Flavors" and not their "One Stop Blends,"
(As an example):
upload_2016-9-6_16-7-45.png

but I imagine you could request PG/VG ratios for their "blends" via email. They have always been quite helpful. (Note: I just emailed a request for info and permission to share. If I receive both; I will post here.)

Reactions: Fozzy71

Ed Sause

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2016
Oh that would be an Asus ROG G501 laptop, so that's Intel® Core™ i7 4720HQ Processor, 1TB HDD and 256 SSD, Intel® HM87 Express Chipset, 12 GB RAM and the Full HD screen for the particular machine I've got.
Thanks. I am looking for an alternative to Windows and Mac. I am not techy enought to figure it out on my own.

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
Thanks. I am looking for an alternative to Windows and Mac. I am not techy enought to figure it out on my own.

Your only alternative would be Linux then.
If you are not techy, this could present a problem for you.
While Linux has it's positive points, it has a lot of negatives still.
Still not ready for real mainstream use. it is a big learning curve.

My advice is stick with Windows. Windows 10 is a solid OS already and getting better.
The most versatile hardware you can get right now is a Surface Pro 4, and yes, it is worth the money.
Despite what anyone else says, you won't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread