New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tutor

Feb 19, 2011
Misery (Missouri)
In the Edit menu choose "Search for Recipes" and you can search by ingredient (or multiple ingredients) and the recipes containing that (or those) ingredients will be shown on the right. If you then click on the recipe on the right it will be loaded into the main recipe window.

Thanks Spazzer

Elmasryahmed

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2014
Dubai, uae
Hey Hotrod,
As usual, I can not thank you enough for your effort (specially after hiding the results/warning part),
As a Mac user I run your calculator under VM, during mixing an existing recipe 99% of the time when scrolling down using my mouse or touch pad, it scrolls the percentage of an ingredient and change it,
Is it possible after creating a recipe to gray out the percentage with an edit option/tick box to avoid accidental changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Diyguy

CrazyChef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 9, 2015
    Worcester, MA USA
    99% of the time when scrolling down using my mouse or touch pad, it scrolls the percentage of an ingredient and change it,
    I have that same problem. I'll go to close the program and it'll ask me if I want to close without saving - even though I haven't changed anything. Then I'll notice that one (or more) of the percentages has changed as a result of scrolling in the program window, not in the percentage area itself. Scrolling really needs to be contextual (if that's the right term) and not change what's in an area just because it's on the same horizontal axis.

Reactions: Diyguy
    Hey Hotrod,
    As usual, I can not thank you enough for your effort (specially after hiding the results/warning part),
    As a Mac user I run your calculator under VM, during mixing an existing recipe 99% of the time when scrolling down using my mouse or touch pad, it scrolls the percentage of an ingredient and change it,
    Is it possible after creating a recipe to gray out the percentage with an edit option/tick box to avoid accidental changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was asking for the same thing several pages back. But to be able to disable the scrolling with mouse wheel completely. I can't tell you how many times I've had to refind a recipe on the web to get the real percentages due to this. I installed a program on my pc that disables the mouse scroll wheel and it works fine for every other program I have but strangely it still works in this calculator. Drives me nuts. Afraid to save database now. If not disable scrolling then an enable or disable allow changes checkbox would be awesome.

Reactions: Elmasryahmed

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2011
    Round Rock, Texas
    Does anyone have experience with the label feature that could help me out with this?
    I have had issues printing labels. The problems I have had are all printer related. I have 3 printers and each of the printers appear to skew the alignment of the labels differently (even using 3rd party label printing software). The label printing feature prints the lines of the label centered from top to bottom. If you are printing 3 lines and add a 4th, it should adjust the top and bottom margins to center the label.
    Also, you can create your own label definition. You could create a label type of "Avery5160Custom" and adjust the widths, margins and spacing until it prints the way you like on your printer.

Reactions: penguiness

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2011
    Round Rock, Texas
    I can see why it's useful to have the Inventory hot-keyed on Ctrl-V but I keep inadvertently clashing with it while copying text into the Notes.
    Any chance you could offer it as a preference option or switch it to a different key combination?
    In the next version I will remove the Ctrl-V hot key and replace it with an Alt-I to avoid the conflict.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2011
    Round Rock, Texas
    I was asking for the same thing several pages back. But to be able to disable the scrolling with mouse wheel completely. I can't tell you how many times I've had to refind a recipe on the web to get the real percentages due to this. I installed a program on my pc that disables the mouse scroll wheel and it works fine for every other program I have but strangely it still works in this calculator. Drives me nuts. Afraid to save database now. If not disable scrolling then an enable or disable allow changes checkbox would be awesome.
    Is it just the mouse wheel which is causing the issue for everyone? I can add an option to tell the application to ignore the mouse wheel event on all numeric up/down controls.
    The mouse wheel can also cause the selected ingredient name to change. Should there be an option to disable the mouse wheel event for the ingredient name?
    Going one step further; there are numeric up/down controls on other windows such as the ingredient definition window. Should it be disabled in the other windows or only apply the change to the main recipe window?

Reactions: CrazyChef

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2011
    Round Rock, Texas
    Version 6.0.3.7 is available. It includes:

1. Internal fix; properly close the juice data file when an exception is thrown while loading it.

2. On the main recipe window changed the hot key for the inventory window from Ctrl-V to Alt-I.

3. Added new tab on the "Tools->Options" window labeled "Mouse wheel". There are several checkboxes allowing you to disable the functionality of the wheel on the mouse.

Elmasryahmed

ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2014
    Dubai, uae
    Version 6.0.3.7 is available. It includes:

3. Added new tab on the "Tools->Options" window labeled "Mouse wheel". There are several checkboxes allowing you to disable the functionality of the wheel on the mouse.

what a great feature to have, but unfortunately it doesn't work as it should, installed V6.0.3.7 on my macbook pro under VM environment and also under crossover (wine) checked all checkboxes and disabled all the scroll functions, when using my touchpad scroll function (two finger to scroll) and the cursor position is just in between two percentage value it changes one of the two values which ever is closer to the cursor !!!!,
    I've to admit, it took me a while of testing and playing around to get it.

if its not possible to have the recipe in view only with an option to edit, may i suggest a new option, like a mix station view with a tick box next to each ingredient, after adding ingredient to the mix and ticking the box it strike it so u know what u already added.

Edit: I PM you a video link.

Last edited:

sven1olaf

May 8, 2014
    Minneapolis
    anyone else getting a 404 from the google link?

edit 1:
    the dropbox link works fine =]

edit2:
    Forgot to say Thank You!

After a bit of tinkering around, I think I got it set up as I will like. Seems like a robust, one stop shop for all your DIY needs.

Now, as if this program isn't enough, +1 for web based version =P

Last edited:
    Reactions: 67Tele
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread