New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshing02

Sep 15, 2016
That is strange. My 450 will not allow me to print above the split, in the calculator or directly from Windows. I am guessing that you haven't told the printer what type of labels you are using in the printer preferences.
In Windows, right click your DYMO 450 printer and select "Printing Preferences". On the layout tab clicked the "Advanced" button. You should have a dropdown for the Paper Size. Make sure "30330 Return Address" is selected.
Ha ha that was the issue. Worn out from long hours at work I simply installed drivers, plugged in the new printer and forgot all about paper types. Shame on me, lol.. Thanks Hotrod

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Reactions: IDJoel

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Hi Rod, Happy New year to you and your family.
FYI, I just installed the latest version 8.0.0.6. Whatever you did in this update fixed the long-term problem on the Mac under Wine -> the checkbox "Available Inventory" now works.
Thanks again for all your hard work.

Wow, I need to go in and look at the updates that I applied to see if I can see an area of the changes that might have had an impact. I am curious about the issues I have had with the Macs, maybe this will help in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Would it be possible to add a new sort method: View > Sort Recipes by > Recipes in last made on order?

I have a steeping category I use to know what I can vape on and I want to vape oldest first and have to go thru the category and check each recipe some time (I keep the bottles sorted by date in the downstairs cabinet) when I want to decide what to vape next while sitting at my computer. My recipe dates created and last made on are generally very different.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Would it be possible to add a new sort method: View > Sort Recipes by > Recipes in last made on order?

I have a steeping category I use to know what I can vape on and I want to vape oldest first and have to go thru the category and check each recipe some time (I keep the bottles sorted by date in the downstairs cabinet) when I want to decide what to vape next while sitting at my computer. My recipe dates created and last made on are generally very different.

Added and will be in the next version I make available.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Added and will be in the next version I make available.

In my testing of the new sort by last made date, I don't think it will be used. It is somewhat confusing looking at the recipes in the dropdown list, they appear to be in a random order even though they are sorted by the date.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
In my testing of the new sort by last made date, I don't think it will be used. It is somewhat confusing looking at the recipes in the dropdown list, they appear to be in a random order even though they are sorted by the date.

bummer, thanks for trying it

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Aww...
So much of it grayed out. Got any ideas?
I don't know if this is what you are talking about (I may be way off base :confused:) but you also might look at the "lock" component. This is a screen shot of a "locked ingredient screen:
upload_2017-1-5_23-28-46.png

Verses the same screen unlocked:
upload_2017-1-5_23-43-12.png

Notice the contrast difference? Clicking on the padlock will lock/unlock it.

HotRod added this several updates back as a requested optional safety feature for those of us that were having problems inadvertently changing values with the mouse wheel when we left it hovering over the wrong spot. When locked; you can not change any of the values in the "greyed" area. I am guessing he added the contrast difference to provide a visual cue that the "greyed" portion was locked (everything, but the ingredient name box, for the Ingredient screen; middle recipe section, but not the upper or lower sections, of the main screen).

You can turn this safety feature on/off by following: main screen -> Tools -> Options -> then either the Recipe Defaults tab, or Ingredients Defaults tab and checking (on), or unchecking (off) the box marked "Lock ingredients."

Reactions: 28if

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Version 8.0.0.7 is available for download. Changes include:

1. On the "Build/Generate custom report" window, define column data; added the option to double click an item listed in "Field values" and have it automatically added to the "Column data" with the appropriate {}'s.
2. Made the information icon for the ingredients smaller.
3. The previous change allowing shortcuts for the date fields did not have international date format support. Fixed.
4. The Build/Generate custom report was not picking up the date the recipe was last made value and always showing blanks. Fixed.
5. Added the ability to sort the shopping list by the columns displayed. Click on the column header to sort.
6. Added the ability to display the recipes in order of last made date.
7. On occasion when clicking the "Flavor %" button an exception was being thrown. This would usually happen when adjusting the flavor percentage for a "flavor base" recipe. Fixed.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
This doesn't seem to be working for me. I toggle it on but my change to the Edit > Sort Recipes menu is not remembered.

Short video here.

Hmmm, it looks like my update didn't pick up one of my changes, let me see what is going on.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
This doesn't seem to be working for me. I toggle it on but my change to the Edit > Sort Recipes menu is not remembered.

Short video here.

I see what happened and will fix. Change the sort order by going to "Tools->Options" and setting the sort on the general tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread