New disposable 510 with mic switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
So just some observations with what appears to be a 'updated' style disposable 510.

The originals had a vacuum switch, worked well..

The 'updated' style has a microphone type switch.. First one I pulled out of the box appeared to be doa.. Did nothing.. Went for a second one and same thing, did nothing.. wtf?

Tapping the side I could get the led to turn on so figured it wasn't totally dead..

I gave it a poke but with lips not tightly around the cartridge so it made a lot of noise kind of.. Hey it worked. Did that a few more times and it still works. After a couple of minutes of use, both appear to work as they should.

So it appears that the mic switches may have a little bit of a breaking in period or getting em going type of steps..

Now that they are going, they still produce vapor like a .... but they have another new feature, a 5 second cutoff. Used to be 10 seconds on the 'old' style. Probably not a bad thing though.. You can work around it by taking short 4 second drags and as the light dims you can go at it again.

There is also a new style charger with these, same concept just a different style. I'm gonna beat these two up for a while and will update here if there is anything scandalous about them.

Thanks,

hoog

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
So just some observations with what appears to be a 'updated' style disposable 510.

The originals had a vacuum switch, worked well..

The 'updated' style has a microphone type switch.. First one I pulled out of the box appeared to be doa.. Did nothing.. Went for a second one and same thing, did nothing.. wtf?

Tapping the side I could get the led to turn on so figured it wasn't totally dead..

I gave it a poke but with lips not tightly around the cartridge so it made a lot of noise kind of.. Hey it worked. Did that a few more times and it still works. After a couple of minutes of use, both appear to work as they should.

So it appears that the mic switches may have a little bit of a breaking in period or getting em going type of steps..

Now that they are going, they still produce vapor like a .... but they have another new feature, a 5 second cutoff. Used to be 10 seconds on the 'old' style. Probably not a bad thing though.. You can work around it by taking short 4 second drags and as the light dims you can go at it again.

There is also a new style charger with these, same concept just a different style. I'm gonna beat these two up for a while and will update here if there is anything scandalous about them.

Thanks,

hoog

sounds good :D

I just ordered some 510 disposables yesterday...... :wub:

Ctrl F8

Jan 28, 2010
So. California
sounds good :D

I just ordered some 510 disposables yesterday...... :wub:

Not so good, really. I tried everything that you did Hoog, but one thing that did work was to leave it plugged in overnight (I tried this with one battery, but not the second yet).

I would buy the old style again, but not these new ones. Bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread