NEW DNA400 COMING SOON. new function...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapesmooth123

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2016
stumbled upon this, after Chinese new year (soon) dna 400 W (with 4 cells), 300 W with 3 cells, but main thing is it's got some sort of set-and-forget mode that makes wattage similar to TC. All DNA75C (color) mods will get free upgrade to the new set-and-forget thing too. Update/function on DNA400 boards is not allowed in the US for some reason but the dna eveolv president basically says you can just download it.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
The BIG news out of that video is the new firmware for DNA 75c and up. Finally, some real innovation from Evolv. Replay will be a game changer for vapers, IMO. The capability to do 400 watts is ridiculous and will only be available in the international firmware since over 250 watts isn't allowed in the US. There will be DNA 250c Mods from a variety of vendors. I am thrilled that I will be able to use the firmware on my Therion 75c.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Does the 400W mod come with wheels to carry around the batteries or just plug into a 220 line?

As I understand it, to get 400 watts, you will have to use a 4 battery DNA 250c mod. As there are none out yet, I wouldn't expect to see a 4 battery right out of the gate, esp. since we cannot technically have a 400 watt mod in the US.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
As I understand it, to get 400 watts, you will have to use a 4 battery DNA 250c mod. As there are none out yet, I wouldn't expect to see a 4 battery right out of the gate, esp. since we cannot technically have a 400 watt mod in the US.

Sure you can. Get a 4 battery US version. Use a VPN to an international server, DL the international firmware and upload it to your device. You may not even need the VPN unless they region lock it.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Of course, they are ways around the limitations - not that I am recommending that. My point was the I don't think we will see a four battery DNA 250c mod right right away, but I certainly could be wrong. As for the temp, I honestly don't know. If Daniel hadn't kept interrupting Brandon, we would know a lot more. He threw away a great opportunity to get some real info. :(

vapesmooth123

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2016
If Daniel hadn't kept interrupting Brandon, we would know a lot more.
I thought the same thing lol. Talking over, and finishing his sentences for him.

That guy Daniel tho I like his tank reviews because he syringe and caliper confirms a lot of them and that's something I want to know.

True tho it's really not about the DNA400 being 400W in a quad 18650 MOD, it's about the Replay thing.

I still don't really understand the replay thing though. Can someone explain it in plain English in three sentences or less?

He says for example if he just dripped an RDA but doesn't 'favorite' the puff until about the 3rd puff and that's where he'd set it to "replay" to, doesn't everything depend on how juiced the coil is? In other words, once you redrip and the coil may be too saturated for the first few puffs to be similar to your 'favorite', how would the MOD detect that? Why do they make a big deal about how he can vape it almost to fully dry wicks? The MOD can sense the temperature of the coil affected by how much juice is in the wick and auto-alter it to stay how you set it?

Last edited:

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Of course, they are ways around the limitations - not that I am recommending that. My point was the I don't think we will see a four battery DNA 250c mod right right away, but I certainly could be wrong. As for the temp, I honestly don't know. If Daniel hadn't kept interrupting Brandon, we would know a lot more. He threw away a great opportunity to get some real info. :(
I think we will see this first.
da3198729f5e07630fe51473926acde2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
@vapesmooth123 - A DNA chip is a mini-computer. Apparently, Evolv has known for some time they were headed to better utilization of the chip's abilities. Evolv spent the last two years getting ready for the Deeming Regulations to go into effect, so there was no innovation during that time released to the public, but the work didn't stop. Those techie people will work 24 hours a day if they are chasing a dream. The new firmware will push better functionality to DNA mods.

Replay is a feature that takes advantage of what that chip can do. When the Save Puff button is pushed, the chip records everything about that puff that made it "just right" and as long it is playing the recording, the chip will control the wattage, voltage, temperature, everything to deliver that perfect puff. Will it really work? Time will tell. Evolv has a great reputation and I sincerely hope that this has been tested eight ways to Sunday and that Replay does exactly what they claim it will do. The chip has the power.

vapesmooth123

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2016
To clear that up, the ridiculous 400W thing, evolve president addresses that it's overkill on purpose for head room for the Replay feature.

Example if you have a very large coil like a competition 30mm RDA with a lot of coil mass, and it's freezing cold out, it'll give it up to 400W (for a millisecond or something probably) so that you quickly get your saved setting (basically of like temp control).

It's not meant to 'vape at 400 watts', although I'm sure some people will still use it at straight 400 watts with homemade/boutique RDAs. Some people sometimes vape at thousand of watts lol.

I'm mostly a DNA fan boy because you can safely USB charge it...
And they have best resale value when you want to upgrade MODs. And they're just know to be stable and glitch-free. Worth the extra $50 per mod vs getting some cheap chip MOD.
I JUST bought a DNA vt250s and VT75 nano to replace my DNA200 but if this replay feature is a game changer I'll be looking to upgrade.

Last edited:

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
We all know that there are a whole lot of idiots out there. As a fairly sane person, I am excited about the new technology. I wanted to love TC vaping and it just hasn't been the case for me.

You don't need a new mod to take advantage of the new features. Once the firmware is available, you can download it to your DNA 75c and up.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Yep, the 400W should be regarded as what it is - a number that's bigger than that of competitors, and vapers apparently like big and girthy numbers... just like car freaks and computer nerds.

The good news is that there's a new, easy way to dial in your perfect vape and get it until the cotton is bone dry.
Beginner and TC-sourpuss compliant :p

Reactions: Eskie

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Yep, the 400W should be regarded as what it is - a number that's bigger than that of competitors, and vapers apparently like big and girthy numbers... just like car freaks and computer nerds.

The good news is that there's a new, easy way to dial in your perfect vape and get it until the cotton is bone dry.
Beginner and TC-sourpuss compliant :p

I myself am a card carrying TC-sourpuss and I do find this interesting myself.. So I'm quite in agreement with you on the compliance aspect. .

vapesmooth123

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2016
You don't need a new mod to take advantage of the new features. Once the firmware is available, you can download it to your DNA 75c and up.

I linked the times during videos below, he says it as though ONLY DNA75C will be able to use REPLAY (if you update your DNA75 firmware). DNA 167, DNA 200, DNA250, I don't think can use REPLAY with firmware upgrade. Something about the Color chip already had 'stuff' they added to it which allows REPLAY to be upgraded to it.

Not sure why he says below it's not available for US though for DNA75 because it's not near 250Watts, but might be something with the DNA75 was made before Aug 8th or something. I'm not sure, maybe US DNA75C CAN get REPLAY firmware upgrade.

In the US, the keyword to search for these new mods will probably be called the DNA250C, not DNA400 or DNA400C (because 250 Watt USA cap rules). BTW he says Boxer is probably going to have these boards available first (like within the week you should see them). But 'after Chinese new year' a bunch of other brands will have theirs.

REPLAY can't be used with Kanthal wire BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread