New from northern Cali!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from nor cal!
I'm really new to this...started out with a few disposables from a gas station and was shocked at how the whole time I had them I didn't think about an "analog" one time...the disposables were few and far between and getting expensive and I found myself smoking again...today I'm buying my first PV and am hoping for my sake and my sons, that yesterday will be the last cigarette I ever smoke!! Wish me luck. Any suggestions on the PV? Ive been told the ego twist is a good starter, but I know I'm going to be a HEAVY vaper so tanks? Clearos? rba? So overwhelming!!! Help!!! Lol

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi/Welcome to the ECF.

An eGo Twist or a Vision Spinner would be a Very Good Choice for a First PV.

As to tanks, Clearos, RBA's... A lot gets down to how much you like to Fiddle with things.

I would suggest starting with a Cartomizers. Either in a Tank or by themselves. There is a Low Learning Curve. And they aren't as Finicky as many Clearos can be.

Once your in the Rhythm of using Cartos/Carto Tanks, then sure, branch out and try Different things. And if something Doesn't Work, no big deal. You Always have your Cartos/Carto Tank to fall back to.

Dave L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Modesto, CA, USA
A plain 1100mAh eGo battery with a T2 clearo will provide you with a good, reliable vape for not too much money. You'll want two batteries minimum, and probably a couple of clearos as well. Total price should be well under what you'd spend for a couple of cartons of cigs. Later, you'll probably want to experiment with fancier setups, but I've been vaping five months and am perfectly satisfied with the setup described.

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
Yes, tis overwhelming at first. But do not fear! Learn all you can. Check out this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ping-illustrated-guide-e-cigs-part-1-6-a.html

My experience with "gas station" disposables have not been good. One of them I got like 30 puffs on before the ominous flashing led happened. I was ......, since it cost me 9 bucks.

It depends on what form factor you prefer. Small cigarette like devices (510,808d), mid sized Ego Style (wider than the cigalikes), or mods (which are generally larger). You certainly don't need a VV device to start out with. Many people like the regular Ego style batteries and I would recommend them. Greater battery capacity, will give you a good experience. If you want something more compact 450 mAh Mini Egos might be the way to go. How much did/are you smoking?

Last edited:
zoiDman, thanks for the suggestions, I was leaning twards a carto in a tank as it was. Tho I am a very finicky person lol, I'm a mechanic so i can't help it haha. Dave L, thanks for the help..I was wondering if I should get two batteries..I have a 2 hour comute both ways for work so that's probly the best option. Arnie H, I hade the same issue with the last two gas station disposables!!! Around 30 (weak vapored) puffs and it was toast......... off to say the least, I also paid about 9 bucks. I was over a pack a day smoker for the last 11 years (started hard at 16). I stopped smoking at home when my son was born in may of 2012 and still don't smoke around him...but since I cut back about 4 months ago Im finding myself smoking more and more when I'm not home wich is a lot due to work, I just love smoking!! But I don't want it to be ciggs ever again...that's why I say I know I'm going to be a very HEAVy vaper

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
2 Batteries is Must.

You have to have the Ability to use one while one is Charging. And one acts as a Backup incase one Battery Fails.

I wouldn't get to hung up on Whatever you buy. Because there is about a 99.5% chance it is not going to be the Last PV that you are going to purchase.

Just focus on something right now that Works Well, is Easy to Use/Carry and is in your Budget.

A Twist or a Spinner are both Variable Voltage. And Variable Voltage is where you want to Start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread