Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
With velocity style posts and bottom airflow, please. I have three Battlestar RTAs from Smoant and I really want something that's SS or brushed SS top to bottom. Battlestars are fantastic performers but godawful ugly.

Options, anyone?

Reactions: stols001

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Velocity decks are starting to be less of a thing these days, so chances are it won't be a new/current rta...

Off the top of my head, the only tank I know which has velocity deck and meets your other requirements, and doesn't suck

$19.95 Authentic OBS ENGINE RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 5.2ml / 304 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

There's better deck options, like the OBS Crius II, I have one, the clamp deck is easy peasy to use, great tank. Does. Not. Leak.

Single

$21.88 Authentic OBS Crius II RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / 304 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Dual

$23.52 Authentic OBS Crius II Dual Coil RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 4ml / 304 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Smok tfv4 or tfv4 mini. I'm not sure about the velocity style posts tho.
I had the mini, don't recall a velocity RBA for it, but you could get one for the full TFV4

But I dunno if you could find even the tank let alone the decks now.

Plus I wouldn't want to go back to wicking those, you needed to get them just right, current tanks are far better

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I don't think it's ugly. I'm not sure what benefit velocity posts would be for a gennie.

0614180155.jpg

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I had the mini, don't recall a velocity RBA for it, but you could get one for the full TFV4

But I dunno if you could find even the tank let alone the decks now.

Plus I wouldn't want to go back to wicking those, you needed to get them just right, current tanks are far better

The tanks are still available but I'm having a hard time finding a single coil deck in stock.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
With velocity style posts and bottom airflow, please. I have three Battlestar RTAs from Smoant and I really want something that's SS or brushed SS top to bottom. Battlestars are fantastic performers but godawful ugly.

Options, anyone?

I think they look pretty cool myself :cool: !! I just got one in gold. Looks great on my Yihi SX Q and the Smoant Cylon too.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
The Supreme V2 is perfection to me!!

Also the Supreme has a single coil deck available at FT for under $9 it works wonderfully. And it also comes with ceramic air flow plugs to use the original deck as a single coil.

It’s a beautifully made atty as well. And looks sweet!!

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Also the Supreme has a single coil deck available at FT for under $9 it works wonderfully. And it also comes with ceramic air flow plugs to use the original deck as a single coil.

It’s a beautifully made atty as well. And looks sweet!!
I was looking around and did not see it - can you provide a link. I am using a Geekvape 25mm RTA which I like because it holds a lot but I'd like to find something else.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Battlestar RTAs

Oh, RTAs disregard my above post except to look at the beautiful Battlestar mod. I don't have any tanks from Smoant. Modern medicine has thumped my brain for a few days.

I still don't see much benefit to revisit gennies with velocity posts as they are. I was never impressed with my dual gennie.

I would like to blend mesh wicks with mesh coils. Like take a gennie with a shorting deck and bend the wick to the positive post.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I think they look pretty cool myself :cool: !! I just got one in gold. Looks great on my Yihi SX Q and the Smoant Cylon too.
Looks coolest on mods that have a lot of black. I don't care for the monster face on the chamber either.

The Battlestar is a fantastic performer because of its design. If I find a tank that's SS top to bottom and no silly death metal decoration, and has a similar design, I'll buy multiples.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Oh, RTAs disregard my above post except to look at the beautiful Battlestar mod. I don't have any tanks from Smoant. Modern medicine has thumped my brain for a few days.

I still don't see much benefit to revisit gennies with velocity posts as they are. I was never impressed with my dual gennie.

I would like to blend mesh wicks with mesh coils. Like take a gennie with a shorting deck and bend the wick to the positive post.
I love, Love, LOVE my Battlestar mod. I got the Mini too and... well... It works with some work.

The Genesis wicking system plus the Velocity posts are magical to me. Perfect airflow, perfect coil placement and juice flow managed by wicks rather than ports.

My kingdom for another tank like that. Or 30 bucks.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I think I'm gonna give the Kaees Solomon (V1, not 2) a try. The only difference between that platform and my ugly-yet-beloved Battlestar RTA is that the wick channels are behind the threads rather than open.

Should be fun! :thumb:

Reactions: mimöschen

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
This is what they are calling genesis tanks?
Velocity decks are starting to be less of a thing these days, so chances are it won't be a new/current RTA...

Off the top of my head, the only tank I know which has velocity deck and meets your other requirements, and doesn't suck

$19.95 Authentic OBS ENGINE RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 5.2ml / 304 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

There's better deck options, like the OBS Crius II, I have one, the clamp deck is easy peasy to use, great tank. Does. Not. Leak.

Single

$21.88 Authentic OBS Crius II RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / 304 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Dual

$23.52 Authentic OBS Crius II Dual Coil RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 4ml / 304 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread