Status
Not open for further replies.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
This is what they are calling genesis tanks?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
A GTA (Genesis Tank Atomiser) is basically any tank where the deck is lifted off the base of the atomiser and "floats" in the juice, with wicks dropping down into the juice. Prolly the easiest example to get your head around and visualise because it's a very dramatic example (because the deck really floats in it) is the digiflavour siren/V2...pics below showing outside appearance and also deck principal...they (GTA tanks) aren't new and these hybrid GTAs cane along a while back with the quite popular (at the time) Avocado RTA's, and you'll see any number of tanks based on a similar principal...my Serpent SMM and Crius II are based around the similar principal. I've had a GTA tank of at least one kind or another since the aforementioned Avocado,

Hope that helps a bit

fba4b68428c97c1512667f3d503303fc.jpg
2234e0785b09beb82939b0f471a965e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Letitia

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I guess now that most don't do the original mesh gennys like the DID, cobra, ac9, aga, etc , that this is what they kind of morphed into or at least what they are now calling them....so basically it's liquid under the coil instead of above using gravity like most rtas?
A GTA (Genesis Tank Atomiser) is basically any tank where the deck is lifted off the base of the atomiser and "floats" in the juice, with wicks dropping down into the juice. Prolly the easiest example to get your head around and visualise because it's a very dramatic example (because the deck really floats in it) is the digiflavour siren/V2...pics below showing outside appearance and also deck principal...they (GTA tanks) aren't new and these hybrid GTAs cane along a while back with the quite popular (at the time) Avocado RTA's, and you'll see any number of tanks based on a similar principal...my Serpent SMM and Crius II are based around the similar principal. I've had a GTA tank of at least one kind or another since the aforementioned Avocado,

Hope that helps a bit

fba4b68428c97c1512667f3d503303fc.jpg
2234e0785b09beb82939b0f471a965e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Reactions: bask and Myk

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
@Coastal Cowboy It is not an rta but have you tried the Voopoo Demon RDA? I love mine. Velocity deck. Super light and performs well. The only thing I dont care for is that it is a top fill so gotta be careful not to oversquonk.
Demon 24mm RDA by VOOPOO | Two-Post
I know you like velocity stype decks.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I guess now that most don't do the original mesh gennys like the DID, cobra, ac9, aga, etc , that this is what they kind of morphed into or at least what they are now calling them....so basically it's liquid under the coil instead of above using gravity like most rtas?

The difference I see is there are RDTAs which are as described, and when people mean the mesh genesis tanks they refer to them specifically as genesis. The thing is, outside of I believe Russia there just aren’t any new genesis tanks. The best you can do is a FT clone of a tank from back in the day. IN Russia genesis tanks remained popular and it’s possible you could find something out there that is new.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
GTA is nothing like a Genesis, neither was the company that had another subtank spin named Gennie. If GTA is a gennie there's the velocity style posts. I'd like to see someone wick them with mesh.
RDTAs are more like gennies than anything. I even remember people setting gennies up like that.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
@Coastal Cowboy It is not an rta but have you tried the Voopoo Demon RDA? I love mine. Velocity deck. Super light and performs well. The only thing I dont care for is that it is a top fill so gotta be careful not to oversquonk.
Demon 24mm RDA by VOOPOO | Two-Post
I know you like velocity stype decks.
I do like Velocity style. For vertical post systems they're the easiest for me to work with because of my limited manual dexterity.

@vapdivrr I may be misusing the term "Genesis" when referring to a "Genesis style." What I'm referring to is what @stylemessiah described above. Wicking is not difficult at all--you just measure and cut so that the wick tails fall as shown.

Juice flow control is done by the wicks rather than a mechanical process to open or restrict it. Wick one right and you don't even have to close the airflow to refill.

• Useful

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I do like Velocity style. For vertical post systems they're the easiest for me to work with because of my limited manual dexterity.

@vapdivrr I may be misusing the term "Genesis" when referring to a "Genesis style." What I'm referring to is what @stylemessiah described above. Wicking is not difficult at all--you just measure and cut so that the wick tails fall as shown.

Juice flow control is done by the wicks rather than a mechanical process to open or restrict it. Wick one right and you don't even have to close the airflow to refill.
The Demon is fun to build on. I like Velocity attys too. Those and the Drop/Rabbit/Obelisk style top loaders are my favorite.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

So you just want more with velocity posts?

Now that's a gennie
0525181520a.jpg

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Yes....about 6 months ago I wanted to revisit my genesis days and the only new one you can buy is the origen genny, besides that I had to make my purchases on used tanks on modtrader and sites like that. I bought 3 different ones, mkiii, le zephyr and origen and it was all short lived as I just got to use to rebuildable rtas
The difference I see is there are RDTAs which are as described, and when people mean the mesh genesis tanks they refer to them specifically as genesis. The thing is, outside of I believe Russia there just aren’t any new genesis tanks. The best you can do is a FT clone of a tank from back in the day. IN Russia genesis tanks remained popular and it’s possible you could find something out there that is new.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Agreed, that's why the thread kind of threw me off....I seen the thread and thought, cool new genesis tanks, but then seen it meant something else...
GTA is nothing like a Genesis, neither was the company that had another subtank spin named Gennie. If GTA is a gennie there's the velocity style posts. I'd like to see someone wick them with mesh.
RDTAs are more like gennies than anything. I even remember people setting gennies up like that.

• Agree
Reactions: Myk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I do see references with gta, and I do think that is the correct term, it's just at first I was thrown off. When I did the old genny tanks I always associated it with being a ss mesh wick, but maybe all along it just meant liquid under the coil....

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Agreed, that's why the thread kind of threw me off....I seen the thread and thought, cool new genesis tanks, but then seen it meant something else...

I guess I was twice confused about Battlestar RTA vs mod and gennies. I didn't figure out the gennies until page 2.

New gennies would be nice. Couple the clean wick taste with the all around open airflow of today.

I do see references with gta, and I do think that is the correct term, it's just at first I was thrown off. When I did the old genny tanks I always associated it with being a ss mesh wick, but maybe all along it just meant liquid under the coil....

I think Genisis (that spelling often correctly misspelled Genesis) is what you and I think and others are jumping on the old popular name to make sales.

Like the Genni tank. I'm sure I rolled my eyes at the sales person when they showed me that because I asked if they had any gennies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yes....about 6 months ago I wanted to revisit my genesis days and the only new one you can buy is the origen genny, besides that I had to make my purchases on used tanks on modtrader and sites like that. I bought 3 different ones, mkiii, le zephyr and origen and it was all short lived as I just got to use to rebuildable rtas

I liked genny tanks. they have serious advantages as mtl devices. i mostly vape DL now though so I dont have much use for em currently

• Agree
Reactions: Myk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I liked genny tanks. they have serious advantages as mtl devices. i mostly vape DL now though so I dont have much use for em currently
I do like them but it's strange. I had a similiar experience when I went back to squonking recently (had a reo 5 years ago and liked it). With any tank, without a small chimney like an rda (squonk or not) or genny tanks, I can't get a certain intensity (I like a major TH and a fairly hot vape with 24mg nic) like I get with small chambered rebuildable rta's . Maybe it's in my head, but within the last year or so, I tried revisiting both and gave up because both seemed a bit too smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread