New going with the volt and have flavor questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

everkill

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Nova Scotia
Hey slyvest,

I'm a Volt user and I've tried all of Smokeless Image's flavors. My favorites are RY4 and Classic Grape, they are both all day vapes for me. They have 3 sampler packs: Smooth (tobacco), Strong (menthols, mint etc...) and Sweet (cherry, watermelon etc...). Get one of each so you can try all of their flavors.

Don't let the BLU cig experience taint your impression of electronic cigarettes.

I can guarantee you that you will find at least 1 flavor from Smokeless Image that you'll like. You might eventually find a favorite at a juice specialty shop like one of my personal favs, Backwoods Brew, but Smokeless Image is a great starting point for flavors and the best starting point for 808D-1 hardware imho.

slyvest

Mar 2, 2012
new york
I got my order last saturday and I like the volts menthol and mint. Did not like cappacino or classic grape. I also got some blanks and ordered some juice from thevaporroom and was not happy with any of there flavors either. Most of them tasted similar to me and the few that didnt just werent to my likeing. Definately good just not for me. I have come to realize I need menthol and there pot menthol was sour tasteing. I thought volts menthol was ok but preffered mint I will order more from them and some more blanks. I am also going to order from some of the vendors recomended.

stevenejb

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Kansas City
I just happened to run across this thread while searching for something else. If you're looking for killer menthol vapes, definitely try Mister-E-Liquid (Premium E-Liquid and Handmade USA E-Juice by Mister-E-Liquid.com). I searched and searched and I haven't found anything like the stuff Mister E is making. All of their Ice blends are incredible. Their non-menthol stuff is pretty good too, like Jade Tiger and Peach Melba. Another excellent place is eVaporClouds (eVaporClouds eJuice eLiquid). Joe over there makes some insanely good eLiquids and you can get a 6ml bottle for only $3. I highly recommend both vendors after trying countless others and being disappointed. :)

slyvest

Mar 2, 2012
new york
I just happened to run across this thread while searching for something else. If you're looking for killer menthol vapes, definitely try Mister-E-Liquid (Premium E-Liquid and Handmade USA E-Juice by Mister-E-Liquid.com). I searched and searched and I haven't found anything like the stuff Mister E is making. All of their Ice blends are incredible. Their non-menthol stuff is pretty good too, like Jade Tiger and Peach Melba. Another excellent place is eVaporClouds (eVaporClouds eJuice eLiquid). Joe over there makes some insanely good eLiquids and you can get a 6ml bottle for only $3. I highly recommend both vendors after trying countless others and being disappointed. :)

What does steep mean?

ChinMullet

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
Outer Space
Man that was a horrible experience. I ordered a 3ml of RY4 from thevaporroom.net I will give that a chance before giving up on it.

I didn't like it at first either. I let it rest for a few weeks, and it's quite tasty now. Very caramely, semi sweet. I mix hazelnut with it and keep a tank full of the mix.

Raynes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Alabama,USA
Well my girl came home with a BLU kit for me today. She was supposed to get me Newport's and came back saying I have been talking about the ecig for to long and not getting it. She just wants me to quit. Anyway this thing is exactly what I expected HORRIBLE. Forget batt life desighn etc. The flavor is awful! All the flavors taste almost identical to one an other and it all tastes like plain tobacco which to me is nasty. Thank god this thing has a 30 day money back gaurantee! Now I am worried this sensation / flavor is not gonna cut it. It hasent left my hand since I got it. It's high nicotine but just not cutting it. Is this what e cigs taste like? Or is it just this company like I am hoping? I am definately still getting the volt and returning this.

I thought the same EXACT thing when someone gave me a Njoy to try. I love my Volt. The only flavors I have tried have been at Smokless Image and I fell in love with their Cowboy flavor just the last few days I wasn't getting any taste from it. Come to find out my taste buds are coming back. It is frustrating at first finding your flavor,then your taste buds change,and you have to start over but don't give up. I bought different flavors today and I can only taste two of them but that's OK I'll try them again later. Just don't give up. What tastes good to one may not taste good to you. I suggest using the vendors on this site though for everything related to vaping

Onenorahs

Oct 3, 2012
MN
I went with Volt and love the batteries and blank carts. I bought a crapload of 18 mg flavored carts and wasn't too thrilled with flavors. I agree with many on here. Buy samplers and some blanks and start loadin' those carts! Tomorrow I should have my ECBlends order!! Plume Room is good and Andrea is really nice! When she found out I was new to the whole process she threw in a bunch of samples too. They have a Newport. It's more tobacco flavored than the Volt's Menthol Ice. I thought Volt's was like vaping a candy cane. I ended up dripping as much Marlboro juice into them to balance them out. I didn't like Volt's Country/Cowboy either, so I dripped mint into them to make them palatable. Wholly crap I have a bunch of menthol carts now!! The Desert Joe and RY4 were the best regular tobaccos in the sampler. Liked the watermelon, grape meh, vanilla too mild, cherry kinda perfumey. Sorry Volt, I'm a dedicated hardware customer but no thrill up the leg for the flavored carts. When I started vaping I thought all the other flavors would be silly- almost like vaping a houka. I'd strictly vape Marlboro or Newport. Now vaping flavors is the most fun (and customizing my batteries and carts with girly girl skins.) I had to buy a tackle box for all the stuff I bought!! Have fun with it, I haven't picked up an analog since!!

mapo

Oct 20, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
After my experience with this BLU I will be takeing everyones advice and try fruity flavors. Afeter this tobacco flavor from them I will be steering clear of any tobacco flavor juices. I dont minds trying different flavors just hope I can make the transition from analogs without menthol. Generally I like vanilla , cherry , caramel ,choclate stuff like that I have a real sweet tooth with food so maybe I can do it. If anyone has suggestions for company's with good juices in these flavors please let me know. Thanks.
BWB has applewood, honey flue tobacco, virginia tobacco and orchard frost and are all great flavors orchard frost tastes like a fruit roll with a touch of menthol even have cherry tobacco but have not tried. for me they have some of the best flavored tobacco. great reviews also.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's been months since the OP started this thread, so for any other new vapors here's my :2c: concerning this subject:

I had smoked Marlboro Menthols and started vaping with Smokeless Image Volts. I chose a sweet sampler and a bottle of Ice Menthol with some blank cartos. I didn't care for the sampler, but the Ice Menthol was close enough to my analogs that I easily quit the cigs within a few days of vaping both. I still enjoy the Ice Menthol and have continued to order it along with my juices from several other juice vendors to this day. I have found MY niche to be coffee flavors and some fruit flavors, but only the other Volt juice I like is Classic Grape.

So my advice, if you smoked a menthol, get a good menthol juice flavor. For me, Smokeless Image's Ice Menthol is the best I've found, and I have tried several menthols from other juice vendors. Even from Halo, who allegedly specialize in menthol flavors.

Over the next months, set aside a budget to order a sampler juice pack or 2-3 trial sizes from different juice vendors. Finding flavors that YOU enjoy is a quest, and it can be fun if you allow it to be and don't worry about finding your "all day vape" or "go to juice". You'll probably go thru 10 juices and really like just 2-3 if you are typical. It's just the way it is. Regularly read the juice sub-forum here to get ideas of what vendors to order from. There have been topics on which vendors sell inexpensive sampler packs; the search tool at the top is your friend.

If you don't drip on your device, I suggest to get a pack of ce3's. These are like clear cartomizers (w/o the polyfill that can alter flavor tastes). They don't use much juice (you don't need much to test a juice), and they are REUSABLE (just empty, flush with water, refill with the next flavor). The current ones do require filling with a small needle/syringe, but newer ones are coming out that don't require needles. Smokeless Image has the Nano, but from what I've read it has had mixed customer reviews. I've used their ce3's and they work fine for testing flavors.

ce3-2.jpg ce3.jpg

Last edited:

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
I'm a newbie and this is my very first post on ECF. I'm a dedicated Smokeless Image Volt user and also an ex-menthol cigarette smoker. I also had the same problem with finding a good menthol liquid. SI's Ice Menthol allowed me to quit analogs but I still had the urge to keep looking for a true menthol juice to totally satisfy my cigarette cravings that would reer it's ugly head from time to time. Low and behold I discovered Mister-E-Liquid's menthol and ice collection. Also I made the move to clearomizers and the Volt X2. The full flavor of the juice comes out and I'm surrounded in a large cloud of vapor. The X2's I use at home and I take the 78 Volt batteries and Nano's with me when I go out. Yes, I love the Nanos. Just don't give up the search for that satisfying vape. It's far better than smoking. :vapor:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I got my Volt 2+ months ago. I started with Desert Joe, which got me off of cigs. However, I thought I was one of those tobacco only, meat and potatoes guy. After many manysmall samples from several companies it turns out I like fruit...who knew. Remember, this is all subjective but my current favorites are from Heathers Heavenly Vapes...Georgia Peach Tobacco and Sweet Swish ( think cheap cherry cigar). The right flavor for you is certainly one of the most important aspects of the vaping experience...and who knows what you'll find. Actually the search can be frustrating and fun...and a little expensive.

Onenorahs

Oct 3, 2012
MN
I'm a girly girl and I got a Cuban Cigar sample from the Plume Room. Love it!! Kinda peppery with a hint of chocolate aftertaste. I think I'm going to use an avatar of Fidel!!

I got my Volt 2+ months ago. I started with Desert Joe, which got me off of cigs. However, I thought I was one of those tobacco only, meat and potatoes guy. After many manysmall samples from several companies it turns out I like fruit...who knew. Remember, this is all subjective but my current favorites are from Heathers Heavenly Vapes...Georgia Peach Tobacco and Sweet Swish ( think cheap cherry cigar). The right flavor for you is certainly one of the most important aspects of the vaping experience...and who knows what you'll find. Actually the search can be frustrating and fun...and a little expensive.

robtest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
atlanta, ga metro area
Well my girl came home with a BLU kit for me today. She was supposed to get me Newport's and came back saying I have been talking about the ecig for to long and not getting it. She just wants me to quit. Anyway this thing is exactly what I expected HORRIBLE. Forget batt life desighn etc. The flavor is awful! All the flavors taste almost identical to one an other and it all tastes like plain tobacco which to me is nasty. Thank god this thing has a 30 day money back gaurantee! Now I am worried this sensation / flavor is not gonna cut it. It hasent left my hand since I got it. It's high nicotine but just not cutting it. Is this what e cigs taste like? Or is it just this company like I am hoping? I am definately still getting the volt and returning this.

The blu was the second disposable I tried, and it was bad to me too... It was the worst of the 5 disposables that I found at the gas stations and drug stores around my house. Try one until you find one you like... If you can make it a month on those, go ahead and buy one of these bigger mods with bigger batteries. I drove myself crazy with the little rechargables that look like ciggies... The battery is just too small to get you thru the day at work. And in the end, I spent $225 over a 3.5 months, buying $10-15/wk in the cartridge refills... Many place offer sample packs that you can try small quantity of each but many different kinds. I picked up two sampler packs from a local e-cig shop... 4 flavors each in small 3ml bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread