New GOTVAPES.com 2nd Multi Mega Prize Monthly CONTEST Giveaway!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
I never understood why peeps in the northeast still used heating oil. Isn't nat gas available, or electric... is it too expensive compared to oil?

I think electric is way too expensive to run heat up here...and not very warm. Not sure of the cost on oil, but I would never live up here with electric heat.

To add...on gas heat.....it's really not as clean as we are lead to believe. Living down south with electric heat and now here with gas....I've never seen so much dust :laugh:

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
Even with heat pumps or geothermal? I don't have any idea about the situation up north, I've never lived farther north than Ky. :confused:

I think electric is way too expensive to run heat up here...and not very warm. Not sure of the cost on oil, but I would never live up here with electric heat.

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
lol I already did....

lol! And, they say vaping is "supposed" to save you money! Ah, what the heck, it is WAY more fun and flavorful! I am trying really hard to be a good girl and not spend TOO much money.... Like I said, "trying"! It is really hard! The way I am going through the Flux Nectar Sugar Cookie, I am going to have to buy some more of it REAL soon! Mmmmmmm.......

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Electric is cheaper then oil

I wonder if it's area dependent.....I cannot imagine oil being more expensive to heat a home up here than electric. And that is just thinking back to my electric bill from the summer running the a/c *shudder*

If it weren't for the dogs, I'd have just shut the darned thing off!!! It was highway robbery I tell ya!

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
While I love electric heat cause it's so clean........it's just plain cost prohibitive.........at least it is here :unsure:

Here in Mass, electric heat is WAY more expensive! Last I knew, gas was cheaper than oil. We used to have oil and could have converted the boiler over to gas. It was expensive though and you couldn't do it in the winter as they would have to dig up the road to bring the gas to the house and they won't let you do it from November through April! At least with gas you could pay as you go, but with oil, unless you were on a plan, you had to pay for a minimum of 150 gallons at a time. Some places would deliver 100, but not most of them! Turned out to be a real pain!

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
  • Deleted by Adrena
  • Reason: Adrena made a big lack of morning coffee boo boo.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
True. When I lived in the country, electricity was via a 'rural electric co-op' . It was the cheapest electricity I ever had. If there was a profit at the end of the year, everyone got a rebate (based on that year's consumption). I always used my rebates to pay the electric bill until the rebate was gone. I once went almost 3 months without paying an electric bill.

I think that may depend on where you live Mogi and who your electric company is........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread