New guy from Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambshot23

Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
United States
Hello all, I have come here in search of knowledge. I have been analog free for 34 days, honestly love vaping and do not plan to ever go back to cigs. I started out on your standard ego kit but have recently purchased a Vamo v2 along with a Kanger pro tank II and a Smoktech Trophy. Honestly, haven't had much luck with either tank but I am still learning, both suffer from the gurgling and juice spit. So I am here to learn.

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Welcome to the ECF!!

Congrats on quitting the stinkies.

The gurgling is most commonly caused by inhaling too hard and flooding the atomizer head. Slow down and be gentle with your inhale and issue should resolve itself (you will hear a spitting/hissing noise while firing - this is normal)

Other causes - eliquid too thin - did you remove a flavor wick? do not remove flavor wicks until you determine you need to.
Is the atty head screwed down tight in the base of the tank? if it is loose it will cause flooding and eliquid pooling in the 510 area of your vamo.

hope this helps

Lambshot23

Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
United States
Welcome to the ECF!!

Congrats on quitting the stinkies.

The gurgling is most commonly caused by inhaling too hard and flooding the atomizer head. Slow down and be gentle with your inhale and issue should resolve itself (you will hear a spitting/hissing noise while firing - this is normal)

Other causes - eliquid too thin - did you remove a flavor wick? do not remove flavor wicks until you determine you need to.
Is the atty head screwed down tight in the base of the tank? if it is loose it will cause flooding and eliquid pooling in the 510 area of your vamo.

hope this helps

Thanks for the help, I have noticed slowing down on the inhale helps. I have not removed any wicks and I am currently using mbv flavors at a 80pg/20vg ratio

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
Welcome Lambshot23 to ECF. I had the same problem with my Protank 2 that I put it away for a few weeks after giving it a cleaning up. The gurgling was bad and sucking up e-liquid was worse.

When you clean it out run a pipe cleaner thru the shaft in a circular motion.....sometimes e-liquid can stay in there. I can say since I have no problems now and I really do like the Protank 2....plus putting an aero base now makes it fantastic to use.

Good Luck to You.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Hello all, I have come here in search of knowledge.
Welcome my child. Prepare thy mind and soul to be purged of all ye have learned. It is time to begin your journey anew...

I'm sorry. Your intro just reminded me of something. :D

Dude, 34 days? Freaking wow. I'm only on day 9 I think. You are my hero.

bulldog63h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Elizabethton Tennessee
As was already said, slow down on the draw a bit, and you could try upping voltage/wattage a little. Doing that will vaporize the liquid faster and could reduce the chance of flooding. Congrats on quitting cigs. It's not an easy thing to do, especially if your vape gear isn't performing perfect.

Lambshot23

Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
United States
welcome and congrats!!!!! im on 30 days + here! I too did not like the protank II and moved to carto tanks. the learning curve is steeper with the cartos but totally worth it. I've heard good things about the iclear30's and the nautilus.

I have heard the same but going to try and make what I have already purchased work.

Korton

Jan 27, 2014
Miami
Hey bro welcome, I'm from florida too. I started vaping a few months ago started with a vapor shark. I used to have the same issue with my tank flooding and i would get e-liquid in my mouth all the time. It was the worst. Over time i looked into getting an RBA I learned how to build different coils it is fun to learn and i think you too should look into it. Since the switch i haven't had any problems with flooding.

itskohler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Aventura, FL
welcome and congrats!!!!! im on 30 days + here! I too did not like the protank II and moved to carto tanks. the learning curve is steeper with the cartos but totally worth it. I've heard good things about the iclear30's and the nautilus.
I used clearos for a week then went straight to cartos and couldn't be happier myself. I've talked myself out of the RBA realm until I use the 1.5ohm cartos that I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread