New guy here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellow vaping rookie here. I can't offer much advice, but after blowing somewhere in the neighborhood of $600 in various starter packs, I can say that Apollo's Extreme Kit is one of the better ones I've gotten so far. Admittedly I can't really compare it to Green Smoke, South Beach, or V2 since I haven't gotten them yet, but it's by far better than BluSmoke when you compare either quality or price (that's not to say that Blu is bad). I also haven't tried many of the others that the more experienced members of the forum have, but I can say that Apollo isn't a waste of money even if you decide to go with a different brand. At the very least, I'm confident it won't completely turn you off to the idea of vaping.

Also, I'm sure you're already aware of this, but this thread has a lot of useful information if you weren't.

1vapeatatime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
Nevada
Blowing money is all I did for the first coupla months. Then I joined ECF. Best vaping decision I've ever made.
Advice is easy to give online but the truth is what works for one won't work for another. I quit a 2 pack a day of Marlboro Red habit overnight by going to my nearest Smoke Shop and paying too much for a starter kit. But it did the job, then I came here and reading reviews and comments got a pretty nice set of flavors and devices. Think about 3 things
1.- Budget
2.- taste
3.- your vaping goals

By the last one I mean are you planning to eventually quit vaping too? or will you make it a hobby like many of us did. This is going to affect how much you spend on equipment, and E Juice.

Hope this helps

1vapeatatime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
Nevada
BTW Cheddar....I don't know where you live but your avatar says you are in Georgia. I know of a place on the Atlanta outskirts called Awesome Vapors. They are online too.
An actual store where you can talk to someone knowledgeable is important for starting.
Look them up if they are close....you won't regret it.

Cheddar_Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
NW Georgia
BTW Cheddar....I don't know where you live but your avatar says you are in Georgia. I know of a place on the Atlanta outskirts called Awesome Vapors. They are online too.
An actual store where you can talk to someone knowledgeable is important for starting.
Look them up if they are close....you won't regret it.

Atlanta isn't too far, I will look them up. I found a local brick and mortar that makes their own juices, mountain oak vapors, and they were very helpful and have some great flavors. I had bought several starter kits, but the batteries never met my expectations. I have started into using mods and I have to say, if everyone knew about those things at the start, it would make quitting analogs so much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread