New Guy Here,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrodder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
East Central Alabama
Greetings from East Al/West Ga. Was a 2 PAD analoger for 21yrs. Quit for almost 10yrs then started back about 6yrs ago. Tho not a heavy as before. (5-6 AAD) Tried a couple of njoy Kings a few months ago. Not bad but, still lacking. Last week made an uninformed choice (read before finding this forum) & purchased a BLU starter kit. Again, not bad. Only gone through 1 & started a second just this morning. Flavor is OK but kind of too subltle. batteries do OK until the cart gets low. Most importantly, haven't picked up an analog since last Tuesday. Since this was bought from Walgreen's, it's getting returned real soon. Just found a B&M store in Columbus to check out as mail-order is out of the question. Just not sure what to go with tho. :confused: The shop sells these: joyetech eRoll, eGo, eVic. Kanger ProTanks. Vision ViVi Nova, STV, ST3 as listed on their Facebook page. Am continuing to read through the threads to gain any knowledge I can. See y'all in the forums!

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Ego is what you want. You have a decent amount of power and it is not huge. I like clearmoizers, especially Kanger's. I would try the ST3 first before buying the ProTank. I have a collection of kangers mt3's and they are my favorite. However, vivi nova's have their fans too.

I know that this doesn't answer much of your question, but really, you should get a few different things and see what you like. DO NOT get the eRoll though. The eVic definitely seems to have a lot of fans, but may be too much to figure out as a newbie. Don't worry about a starter kit. You can get an ego battery, charger, and clearomizer (like the pro tank, vivi nova, or ST3) and have a decent setup. Fill the clearomizer up with juice and you are good to go.

vrodder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
East Central Alabama
Thanks for the suggestions y'all.

Grape-- been reading that thread, will have to go back & start from the top again. info overload. :ohmy:

Mike-- thanks for the help. All suggestions will be put to use when I get to the shop. I want something that satisfies, and from my limited experience a cig-a-like ain't the way I want to go.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Joyetech eRoll - not for me, I think it's only for light smokers, so maybe? (I actually hate this e-cig, but lots adore it....)
eGo - YES! the standard name for the standard "proper" e-cig battery
eVic - NO! Not now, not if are on under 10. :) I have one, it's great!
Kanger ProTanks - hmm, maybe, but they are big and better on big things
Vision Vivi Nova - Yes, why not. I use the Mini Vivi Nova as it looks more balanced on an eGo battery.

You need 2 x batteries and a few clearomisers (Mini Nova or Evod), a charger and some e-liquid. That's it. :)

I started with V2's Minis about 2 1/2 months ago. I now have 2 Inferno batteries and a Vamo. I have 3 different kinds of carto tanks, a Vivi Nova and 2 RBA clones. They all have their pros and cons, but essentially I use the Inferno with catro tanks when I'm out for extended periods and the Vamo with the Vivi Nova or RBA's when I'm home. If you include the e juice, thats a lot of crap for 2 1/2 months but from the money aspect I still have spent less than half of what i would've spent on analogs.

I guess what I'm saying is, go a little crazy. One thing I can almost guarantee is that your first set up won't be your last so don't worry about not hitting a home run your first time up. I know people who swear by set ups I can't stand and vice versa. It's ALL personal prefernce so unless you have a twin who's been vaping for a while to set you on the right path, it's going to take some experimentation. Good luck and welcome!! A lot of good knowledge and helpful people here.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Welcome to ECF!

I hope you find your visits here informative and fun. We have a huge community here that can be incredibly helpful in your journey. Feel free to ask any questions, as I'm sure there will be many with an answer for you! :)

Please see the links in my signature below for New Member information, as well as informative forums and threads on CASAA (Consumer Advocates for Smoking Alternatives Association) and the latest legislative news and info.

Again, welcome to ECF!! :vapor:

Sonic
2gcn212.png

candik

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Central, New Jersey
Hello and Welcome! It's a shame that mail order is out of the question for you. There are so many more options you might find more in line with what you want. When you go to the store, keep in mind the smaller number of mAh a battery has, the less time you're gonna get between charging. If you want to be adventurous with your e juice flavors, definitely consider getting at least one tank in pyrex or polypropylene. That way you can do whatever flavor strikes your fancy without worry it'll ruin your tank.

Good luck!

vrodder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
East Central Alabama
Hello and Welcome! It's a shame that mail order is out of the question for you. There are so many more options you might find more in line with what you want. When you go to the store, keep in mind the smaller number of mAh a battery has, the less time you're gonna get between charging. If you want to be adventurous with your e juice flavors, definitely consider getting at least one tank in pyrex or polypropylene. That way you can do whatever flavor strikes your fancy without worry it'll ruin your tank.

Good luck!

Thanks for that tidbit , candi. The mail order thing is a bit complicated. Suffice it to say that when I restarted analogs, my better half didn't know I restarted,,,,, :sneaky:

rockmissjess

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Prescott, AZ
get a apollo.com ego kit* comes with great warranty ...get a evod tank from their site aswell and get five 2.5 restistance heads... use the coupon code ecr69 to get 25% off your order... ;) ... and if you need any help after you start here my website to help newbies with vaping - Bookmark it.. it will help later when you have questions trust me lol Apollo ECIGS Fan - HOME

Last edited:

stealthmayhem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
Dover, Delaware, United States
Thanks for the suggestions y'all.
I want something that satisfies, and from my limited experience a cig-a-like ain't the way I want to go.

I started with a cig-alike and two weeks later upgraded to an ego battery with a stardust clearomizer. The difference was night and day. But, the cig-alike was what got me off the analogs, so I'm grateful for that. I already gave my rechargeable 808 batt and some spare cartos to a friend at work who wants to quit.

mrpony

May 19, 2013
USA
You hadn't mentioned why ordering online wasn't an option but there's always a way . You just don't give it any other option.
Assuming you're not under any court order to not buy anything from the Internet I'm going to go with the idea that its a credit card issue.
I have one of those too.i have credit cards,I just refuse to use them online.ive been burned before and if it ever happens again it won't be because I was careless.
I buy a prepaid card and use that like a regular bank issued card.i only load as much money as i need.that way all i risk is the change and its not linked to my credit rating. trust me when I say merchants don't care where you got the card,just that it represents enough funding to pay for what you've chosen to buy.
For prepaid cards I'd recommend the American Express prepaid card. The card is comparable with others; 5$. There's no fee to load it, there's no monthly fee,there's no minimum balance and if you want you can put in for a permanent card.what you get at the store is just a temporary card. It has all the information you need...card number,expiration date,security number. But you can't reload a temp card. So.you get a permanent card,keep all the same numbers and not have to pay 5$ for a new one each time.you can use it anywhere that takes American Express,online or not.

madesorgo

May 16, 2013
Lago Vista, TX
I went through the same exact thing with the Blu kit and returned it the same day. Anyways eGo's are always good to have kicking around but a few people suggested to me to get the Vamo. It's an APV mod, basically a tube and you supply the batteries to it. It is variable voltage like the twist, also you can run it in a variable wattage mode. It's made of stainless steel and is rock solid. I wish I got this the first time around. I ended up with a regular eGo then an eGo twist. Since I got the Vamo I don't need anything else (except I want a Vmod XL or ProVari next). It will be a little more expensive but it is worth it! An eGo kit, will run you around $40-$50. At a retail store or B&M store it will probably be more expensive $60-$80 because of really high markups. For $56 you can get a mod with two 2250mah batteries (last forever) and you may never need another device again (unless you are like the rest of us and drool over the ProVari). Here is what you need:

!! Use coupon code "CPASTE13SPRING" for the mentioned prices below. !!
Vamo Stainless Steel @ $31.48
NiteCore i2 Charger @ $14.06
Panasonic CGR18650CH Batteries @ $9.98 (these are two batteries for nearly the price of one at competing website)

And then you will want to purchase your atomizer of choice. I went with the Kanger ProTank for my Vamo and purchased it at iVape.net. The tank is $14.25 after you use coupon code "NewRewards".

Trust me when I say it is way better than any eGo battery setup. I don't care what they will sell you in store or others will say about their eGo setup. Mod is the way to go!

vrodder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
East Central Alabama
Well, Thurs eve stopped by my local B&M store, Tastefull Vapes over in Columbus, & picked up a rig. Got a 900mah SmokeTech Winder, Vivi Nova tank, charger & bottle of juice. Garry, one of the owners, was extremely helpful & patient w/ a noob. He let me try a couple of different rigs, answered my questions & most of all DID NOT try to steer me in any specific direction. This for $20 less than what the POS Blu starter kit cost!!! THAT is one reason I prefer a local B&M store. Personal service & you can lay hands on the different pieces on hand.
Oh yea,,,the vaping experience is like night & day from the Blu. :rickroll: Good vapor & the flavor is right there in the front. Not like the kind of subdued flavor I got with the Blu. Battery still has a good charger on it & about 1/3 left in the 3.5ml Vivi Nova. The Blu goes back to Walgreens & I'll be back to the shop for more supplies. Still no analogs in almost 2 weeks too !!! Vape On !!! :vapor:

Last edited:
You did not say if you got a second battery? Usually a good thing to have is a spare. Might want to get a spare head for viva nova if you haven't allready. You may also want to get a second tank just in case. Always good to have spares so you are not without if something not working or breaks. Good luck and Happy Vaping!!!:)

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
What mommasmith said, plus get extra e-liquid, maybe a different flavor (or a couple) for when your taste buds go flat.
Remember when you were smoking and everything would always go south when you were almost out of cigs and no time or way to get any? Same here only limited access to supplies. My sig would be past two months now if I would have had those backups.
I carry 3 juice delivery items (at least two flavors) and two battery devices at all times.
From reading other's posts on that subject I am traveling light.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread