new guy here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I bought a beginner kit about a month ago. It was an ego battery with a smok rbc tank. Haven't smoked a cigarette since. Well I broke my tank so I went and bought a protank 3 BC the sales guy hyped me up about it, guess that's his job. I was very disappointed. Hardly any vapor or taste out of it so I went back and got another 5 dollar clearomizer and I get more taste and vapor out of it. I ordered a vision 1300 spinner and love the battery but still isn't enough for the protank. ive been reading that the pt1 and 2 coils work for the pt3 and I've found some 1.5 and 1.8 single coils for the 2 where the 3 coils are all 2 ohm dual cool. Would this help me out? I've been really disappointed in the pt3 but don't want it going to waste since I spent the money on it. Thanks in advanced yall!

STEELRAIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes you can use the single coils in the PT3. I'm not sure about the issues you are having with yours as I have not had that problem since i switched to a mech mod (will find out how it works on my LT V2.5 once it gets here in a few hrs.) The only real issues i have had with my PT3 was the tanks issue but the junk replacement coils. I vape at about 3.8-4.2V and it runs okay. decent vape good taste. but for me the coils dont last very long.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Hi and welcome to ECF

The pt1 and 2 coils will work on it (and make a BIG difference). 1.8-2 ohms is ideal for fixed voltage. The big difference is going to be that those pt1 and 2 coils are single coils as opposed to dual coils. 2 Ohm dual coil means that two 4.0 ohm coils have to be simultaneously powered and a fixed voltage eGo is def going to struggle to power it.

Ohms Lawbreaker

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Right Behind You
Congratulations on breaking your first tank! It's a great milestone we all reach and remember fondly. ;)

Not sure about PT 3, the cavalry will soon arrive with answers for you, people here usually find some way to fix everything. Just say that most problems are with the wicks and coil heads and not the tanks -- my experience with PT 2 and mini 2. Kanger heads can be hit or miss and clone heads usually downright useless. Might be some really lame batches of Kanger heads out there lately. I don't think you're alone in these PT 3 problems and bet you'll have good luck finding solutions from folks here.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Sounds like you NEED to read up on voltage to resistance. It looks like you think switching the "type" of coils is going to fix all your problems. The TRUTH is that you NEED to learn voltage to resistance to get a good vape. You need to learn what fixed voltage is, or what running off a battery is, in comparison to running a VV or VW battery. Your eGo, depending on the brand, is either fixed voltage, or it's just running off of whatever the battery voltage is. The only FIXED volt batteries out there right now are the K-go, the Go-Go, SOME Janty eGos, and I'm having trouble recalling the others. But my guess is that you don't have a fixed volt eGo. Ur prob running off strait bat power.

Since your running off bat power ur basically hovering around 3.5 volts for the majority of your vape. With a dual coil at ANY resistance, your going to need at least 4-5 volts. You can't access 4-5 volts. You can access 4 to 3.2 volts, no higher. So you need to stay away from dual coils all together, and you need a resistance that'll work with your battery's voltage. Around 2 ohms would be best. NOT DC. Just 2 ohms, 1 coil, thats it. No lower. No higher. You can try 1.5 ohms, but it'll increase your risk of breaking your battery.

You need to double the number of the resistance/ohms of your coils for your voltage. IE: 2ohms- Good at 4 volts. 1.5ohms- Good at 3.5 volts. With DUAL COILs, you have to quadruple the ohm number. 2 ohm dual coils- Good at 6 volts. You cannot get 6v from your eGo batteries. Your eGo batteries come fresh off of the charger at 4.2 volts, quickly drain to 3.5v, and then they end up at 3.2 volts when they need a recharge. So your resistance/ohms NEED to be around 1.5 to 2 ohms.

Last edited:

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
I just bought two Aspire dbc's for my wife and I, they have a glass tank so you can vape any type or flavor. We use the ego mah 1100 variable battery. set on 4.2 volts it produces clouds of vapor. The mouth and throat hit is great. coming from a claromizer to it at first i was unprepared and it set me in a coughing fit. But knowing how it vapes now it's great. The other thing I like is my HH.357 long barrel atomizer in 2.0 ohms. It's greaat if you want a break from whatever you usually vape. you can put a few drops in and it produces very nice hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread