New guy in town!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrel

Dec 26, 2017
Hey guys! I'm Tyrel, apparently most people can't get my name right so i grew up hearing nicknames more often than my name I qstarted smoking a few years ago and last year I decided to switch to vaping, i still have the occasional smoke, but i've mostly stopped. The only real problem is that since I live in Mauritius, where basically everything is unavailable, every now and again i don't have any liquid so i turn back to smoking.
So, when i started vaping i went with the Kangertech Dripbox. I got a started kit cuz I had no clur what i was doing, and I haven't changed it since. So I have a question for you guys.. I was thinking of upgrading it, and i saw the Kanger dripbox 160w or the Geekvape S100 or something like that, both have a squonk and i really like having the bottle in and all thats needed is a squeeze to fill up the cotton again. Do you guys have any other recommendations? Or maybe some of you vets own both of those vaoes and you can tell me which would be best?
Thanks guys

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF, and sorry I don't squonk so I don't have much to offer... Is there one you might like better than the other and reasons for that? I'd say start with a regulated squonker if you don't have experience with mechs, but that's about all I can say although folks seem somewhat happy with their Geekvape Athena, I think it is? It has some shortcomings but so do almost all squonkers it seems like.

Best of luck deciding and I hope you enjoy your stay here at ECF!

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I dont own either the dripbox nor the GBOX S100 but I can make a couple of observations.

First, the Kanger goes to 160 watts, whereas the GBOX only does 100 watts. This may make a difference to you if you vape over 100 watts... but they are both dual battery mods so your battery life will be the same.

Having owned an older Kanger in the past, I can guarantee you that ill never buy anything of that brand again and off the cuff if I were to recommend between a Kanger product and a Geekvape product I'd recommend the Geekvape every time.

However, that's meaningless in this situation as I've never owned either the dripbox or the GBOX... so I cant with any knowledge make a comparison between those two devices.

Good luck, and welcome to ECF!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey guys! I'm Tyrel, apparently most people can't get my name right so i grew up hearing nicknames more often than my name I qstarted smoking a few years ago and last year I decided to switch to Vaping, i still have the occasional smoke, but i've mostly stopped. The only real problem is that since I live in Mauritius, where basically everything is unavailable, every now and again i don't have any liquid so i turn back to smoking.
So, when i started vaping i went with the Kangertech Dripbox. I got a started kit cuz I had no clur what i was doing, and I haven't changed it since. So I have a question for you guys.. I was thinking of upgrading it, and i saw the Kanger dripbox 160w or the Geekvape S100 or something like that, both have a squonk and i really like having the bottle in and all thats needed is a squeeze to fill up the cotton again. Do you guys have any other recommendations? Or maybe some of you vets own both of those vaoes and you can tell me which would be best?
Thanks guys
Welcome and glad you joined.

Reactions: stols001

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. I like squonkers myself, but most of mine are mechanical mods, which I do not recommend to novices. The Dripbox 160 will be larger and heavier than your current Dripbox due to the extra battery. I wouldn't do it, unless you want more watts than the Dripbox can provide, or you want better battery life. Another possibility is use a 160 at home where you don't have to lug it around, and hang on to the regular Dripbox for out and about. I also really like the Council of Vapor's Wraith squonker. They are (I have two) the only regulated squonkers I own (I think). Another one-battery system. Not too expensive, but very nice to my mind.

• Informative

Tyrel

Dec 26, 2017
Thanks for the replies guys! Sorry i'm a bit late.. i was away for a while and the internet was terrible. I'll look at some reviews and go from.there i think. Although, is it possible to switch piece or something from current dripbox (it's regulated) to get bigger clouds? Like, if i were to get a better atomizer, would it change that much?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You could go from a MTL coil if that's what you are using (and you want lower resistance). Sometimes that requires a new tank to get the right airflow and driptip and whatnot. But, you can certainly also switch tanks to other mods, so you might be able to use what you have with a different tank (depending on what wattage you are seeking, and whether your mod will be able to support that).

It's easier (usually, unless there are lower wattage cutoffs, some mods have them) to use a MTL tank on a sub0hm designed mod/battery than the reverse, but if you want slightly bigger clouds and can achieve it with the battery life and wattage options on the mod you have, that can sometimes be done.

Sorry to be speaking in generalities, I don't know much about the Dripbox at all :)

Anna

Ced9888

Dec 30, 2017
Hello from Mauritius!

As you know it is not easy to get vaping accessories in Mauritius because they are termed as prohibited goods and will get detained by customs if you do not know the tricks in getting them pass the border!

If you are still willing to stay with kits, then buy reputable (European Conformity) mods or kits here itself because you will get bad chinese knock offs here. The best is to buy on eBay because like I started in my former reviews, the price will be tripled for mods and kits or doubled for eliquids.

If you are willling to buy a Rs 2 kit at Rs 6k here the go to TiGaget found in Shoprite Trianon. Else buy on eBay!

Bonne Année 2018!

Ced

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

Eric2018

Feb 15, 2018
Hello from Mauritius!

As you know it is not easy to get vaping accessories in Mauritius because they are termed as prohibited goods and will get detained by customs if you do not know the tricks in getting them pass the border!

If you are still willing to stay with kits, then buy reputable (European Conformity) mods or kits here itself because you will get bad chinese knock offs here. The best is to buy on eBay because like I started in my former reviews, the price will be tripled for mods and kits or doubled for eliquids.

If you are willling to buy a Rs 2 kit at Rs 6k here the go to TiGaget found in Shoprite Trianon. Else buy on eBay!

Bonne Année 2018!

Ced

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

Hello,

I intend to order a mod on ebay and I don't know if it will get seized at customs. I know that kits (mod+atomizer) normally got seized. So if anyone here ever ordered only the mod online, thanks to share your experience with us and any tricks you know to get it pass borders:)

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread