New Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittianm

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2015
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and I wanted to introduce myself. I just bought my first vape last week. I have a Evic VTC mini. I like it a lot and have not smoked a analog since. I just tried an rda off a buddy the other day and have been intrigued ever since. I really like the hit off his glacier. I am very interested in the mechanical mods,so if anyone has any info for a beginner please share.

Reactions: mattymattyc2

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Howdy, welcome to the ECF.

Mechanical mods are advanced devices, and require a bit of care and knowledge to operate. Mech mods have no safety features, meaning if you put in your battery backwards, you could be creating a pipe bomb. If your batteries are too low on voltage and you don't realize, you could be creating a pipe bomb. If you have a short in your coils because something metal is in contact with the actual coil, you could be creating a pipe bomb.. You get the picture, I don't recommend them to newer vapers.

Also important to note, with a mech mod your voltage is whatever voltage is in your battery. At full charge, this is 4.2V, and it goes down as the battery is used, but say the atomizer you're attaching performs better at 3V or 5V. You'll never be able to achieve that power.

You'd be much better off simply buying an RDA and using your current device, as it is most definitely capable of powering an RDA (variable wattage/voltage also means you can adjust the power to your coil, rather than adjusting the coil to your power), plus it has the added benefit of safety features. Getting into actually building is a whole 'nother beast, and can involve a whole lot of variables.

But I mean it's your choice, if you really want a mech mod you can go down that route. Just don't take me lightly when I say you really need to be educated. Even seasoned (self-proclaimed "professional") vapers have had lapses in judgement that end in catastrophic results.

Reactions: Andygev35

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
thanks for the advice. I think i will get an rda and slap it on my mini. seems like there is a lot more control that way. eventually down the road I may venture into the mechanical world.
howdy! and welcome!

yah - i tend to run my rdas on my regulated mods... i have on mech i use regularly, but am pretty rigorous about battery safety with it

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
you can also buy 100-200watt mods as well and slap the RDA on those and I'm not sure but i'd assume based on what nyiddle said you can bump up your temp if you do so rather then using a mech mod based on your build or even lower it. I am pretty new myself getting ready to purchase an RDA. don't think their are many builds that would need to hit that 200watts but it's just a little extra if you want to experiment

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Welcome aboard! I have an Evic VTC Mini also, I love it. Definitely study up first if you want a mech mod, there is a lot to know for proper use and safety.
    I tend to think that regulated mods give you more control and eliminate some of the issues of mechs so I view mechs as obsolete technology. I also admit to never having used a mech so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

brittianm

ECF Veteran
    Sep 25, 2015
    Welcome aboard! I have an Evic VTC Mini also, I love it. Definitely study up first if you want a mech mod, there is a lot to know for proper use and safety.
    I tend to think that regulated mods give you more control and eliminate some of the issues of mechs so I view mechs as obsolete technology. I also admit to never having used a mech so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
    Hey Kad! what coil do you prefer in your mega tank?

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Hey Kad! what coil do you prefer in your mega tank?
    I've been using the Ti CLR (.5 ohm) the last week or so and really liking that. I killed the Ni that came in it pretty quick, I think mostly because of the juice I was using, but I didn't like that one quite as well. I think I'm getting better flavor now. Just now realized I never actually used the Ti one that came with it (.4 ohm), so I don't know it compares the the CLR ones.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread