New Hammer mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new Hammer mod (clone, I think. Not really sure how to tell yet) from e quake. It's pretty cool, but I'm having some problems that I think are battery related. It was hitting pretty good before I charged the battery. I'm using an Efest 1600 18650 3.7v battery. I don't really like the long battery, since I have to use the extension "tube" and it really takes away from the hammer look of the mod. Is there a better battery that I should be using? Also, any modifications that I should use to make this hammer really hit would be greatly appreciated!

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
maybe try taking it apart and cleaning everything, not sure what else would cause it to not hit as hard after the battery is charged.

only battery you can use without the extension is an 18350. aw makes the best, but the capacity and current limit are both significantly less than the 18650.

from what i've heard, the hammer's design tends to make it not as conductive as a typical tube mod, so you may notice that it doesn't hit as hard as something like that.

finally, yes, it is a clone - real hammer is made by kato, goes for around $200-250, and is never in stock anywhere.

maybe try taking it apart and cleaning everything, not sure what else would cause it to not hit as hard after the battery is charged.

only battery you can use without the extension is an 18350. aw makes the best, but the capacity and current limit are both significantly less than the 18650.

from what i've heard, the hammer's design tends to make it not as conductive as a typical tube mod, so you may notice that it doesn't hit as hard as something like that.

finally, yes, it is a clone - real hammer is made by kato, goes for around $200-250, and is never in stock anywhere.

I'll give it a try, but I don't really think it needs to be cleaned yet. I just got it Friday night. Maybe I'm not getting a good connection somewhere. Thanks for the advice.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The Hammers (even the original, from what I've heard) have serious problems when it comes to voltage drop. The 510 pin is the main culprit, and you'll most likely need to get a new top cap (the King and Chi You top caps should fit) or mod it in some way. Many have replaced the positive pin with a solid piece of brass. I took out the pin, put a longer brass 510 screw into my Kayfun 3.1 and extend it through the top cap to have a semi hybrid set up.

AW or purple Efest 18350s are the way to go, but make sure not to have too low of a resistance on your atomizer.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

The Hammers (even the original, from what I've heard) have serious problems when it comes to voltage drop. The 510 pin is the main culprit, and you'll most likely need to get a new top cap (the King and Chi You top caps should fit) or mod it in some way. Many have replaced the positive pin with a solid piece of brass. I took out the pin, put a longer brass 510 screw into my Kayfun 3.1 and extend it through the top cap to have a semi hybrid set up.

AW or purple Efest 18350s are the way to go, but make sure not to have too low of a resistance on your atomizer.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Will the King firing button work with the hammer clone as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread