New here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courtnoodle

Jan 20, 2014
Tennessee
Hi all!

I started vaping about a month ago and I'm already addicted! I love trying all the flavors and different mods out there. Right now my PV is a Smok battery with an Aspire tank and a copper skull drip tip. Can't wait to get more! My only concern right now is the fact that some e-juices contain alcohol. Right now I am using Mountain Oak's Red Drop. The first ingredient is PG but the last thing on the label says "May contain ethanol". This worries me as I work for a company that tests for ETG. Will this juice cause me to pop positive for alcohol? Any help on that would be awesome!

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
Wow, that's a new one on me!! It interested me so I gave it a quick search on the test. From what I could tell, it may or may not cause you to test positive. I'm thinking, since Mountain Oaks put it on the label, they may think that it might. You might want to contact Mountain Oaks and see what they have to say. I did see on one site for testing, that you should avoid any products that contain ethanol. That's too bad because that looks like it might be a tasty juice.

umidontknow

Jan 2, 2014
Rome, Ga
Hi no worries on the ethanol part, i use to vape alchohol based juice and never ever had a problem with any tests, Think about it a bottle is way smaller than a shot glass, and only a small percent of that is alcohol. in my 1.5 ml tank it might actually be 3 drops of alcohol, everything else was vg or pg. 3 drops of alcohol will do nothing to you. You eatin an apple or grapes creates more alcohol in your stomach than that whole tank will. So just find your favorite flavors and vape on. I quit using the alco based ones cause they made me even thirstier than regular juice with distilled h2o

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
I did read a thread a while back about someone getting pulled over and blowing hot for alcohol and all they'd been doing was vaping. Honestly, deep down I guess I thought it was hog wash. I vape hard all day long, on a variety of juice, and have never felt like I had ingested alcohol. Wouldn't there be some sort of recognition if we had alcohol in our blood stream, or is my logic flawed?

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread