DIY flavor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham66

Sep 21, 2013
USA
Hello everyone,

I have some Red oak Johnson creek domestic e-liquid.
It works good, but I find the flavor a little bland.

I was thinking about adding some DIY Latakia tobacco Flavor by Flavor West to spruce it up a little.

I just wanted to know if it's safe to mix flavors like that. I mean it's not going to cause a chemical reaction or something? :blink:

The Flavor West ingredients say Water Soluble Flavoring. Ingredients: Natural and/or Artificial Flavoring, Propylene Glycol and Alcohol. USP Kosher Grade Flavoring. Does not contain diacetyl.

The Johnson Creek ingredients say: USP Grade Propylene Glycol (not in Red Oak Smoke juice Recipe) USP Grade Vegetable Glycerin USP Grade Glycerol USP Grade Deionized water USP Grade Nicotine (except in Zero Nicotine recipe) Natural Flavors Artificial flavors USP Grade Citric Acid.

Thanks.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I don't know of any juices you could not mix together safely. They are all made up of VG, PG, nicotine, flavorings and sometimes small amounts of other things like water or alcohol. I've mixed my fair share and doing this is what got me into making my own juice from scratch. BTW, there is a great forum here on DIY here.

I second the advice on mixing small quantities at first so you don't lose a lot of juice if it doesn't go well. Sometimes mixing just doesn't give you what you thought it would and that for me is part of the fun ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread